monzyxo thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I AM: Sameera Reddy

I come from a traditional Hindu family. We used to worship Lord Ganesha and Balaji and made routine visits to Tirupati. However, my parents never stopped me from exploring other religions. As I grew up, I started reading and getting to know a lot about Islam, Christianity and Zoroastrianism. And, I began to understand that all religions stem from the same power — a force that is beyond anyone's control. That's when i turned spiritual.

Another moment when I realised the presence of a Higher Power was when I went on a 40-day fast. It was a dedication to Kathak and my guruji made me dance for almost eight hours a day, sustaining on just one meal a day. There were moments when I would collapse, but within few minutes I would bounce back. There was some force that kept me going for the entire 40 days. It was an amazing experience. I owe everything I have today to my classical dance. The discipline that it has ingrained in me is helping me face all struggles. It has been six years since i started learning Kathak and today I am a different individual.

I work in the most glamourous industry in this country. There is so much of pressure from every quarter. I work hard to prove myself, but I don't believe that cinema is the be all and end all for me. There is so much more to do and look forward to. Being happy is the most important thing. If you can derive happiness from within, you are the most successful person on this earth.

Two things that help me de-stress are yoga and swimming. Breathing techniques not only relax your body, but also your mind. Even when I am in my car or shooting somewhere, I take out five minutes to breathe in and breathe out.

I believe each one of us has problems in life. As we grow up, the problems multiply, but it's important to know how to deal with your burdens. Else, what is the point of being grown up? I spend a lot of time with children. I'm attached to an orphanage and spend quality time with the children there. The kind of happiness I derive when i am with them cannot be explained in words. I think kids are the most spiritual individuals.

Some find their peace of mind attending spirituality classes and some find it in their work. Whatever way it is, I think its important to believe in a Higher Power.

Edited by monzyxo - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivanee31 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Thnx for sharing!It was great! 😊