Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Aa Dekhen Zara says Neil Nitin Mukesh

He's the grandson of one of Indian cinema's most legendary singers but a fan of one of his grandpa's contemporaries.

Neil Nitin Mukesh will croon a Kishore Kumar song in his upcoming film Aa Dekhen Zara.

One of Kishore Kumar's most memorable numbers Aa Dekhen Zara, is famous for the jamming between R D Burman and Kishore da.

Neil Nitin Mukesh will now be seen makes his singing debut to the tunes of music director Gaurav Dasgupta for Neil's next film titled Aa Dekhen Zara.

According to Neil, "When I was shooting in New York for my film, my producer called and said they had finalised a title Aa Dekhen Zara for the film. And at that time I just hummed kisme kitna hein dum. There was silence for a bit and then he suddenly asked me, are you thinking something?"

After all, the grandson of legendary singer Mukesh and the son of Nitin Mukesh, had to carry on the legacy. Ironically, though it is, Neil Nitin Mukesh is passionate about the music of Kishore Kumar, a contemporary of his grandfather.

"It is my tribute, a fan's tribute to his Guru, If I am able to re-create the flavour of Kishore da, then it'll be great," says Neil.

Neil's love for Kishoreda's music is so deep that on being asked him to hum his favourite number, it was a Kishore Kumar song, and not one of grandad Mukesh's, that he chose.

http://music.ndtv.com/Music_Story.aspx?id=ENTEN20090082696&type=musicindia
Zareena thumbnail
Zareena thumbnail
Neil can't get enough of Bipasha in his next film

Mumbai: Any actor would love to hog the limelight for a film, especially when he is just one film old and is paired opposite a leading lady who has been around for more than seven years. But Neil Nitin Mukesh doesn't mind acknowledging Bipasha Basu's towering presence in his upcoming release Aa Dekhe Zara.

"Bipasha is a huge part of Aa Dekhe Zara. In fact, I can go on to state that she is 'the story' of the film. This character of Ray Acharya that I play in the film would not have decided to do anything in life if not for her," Neil said.

"Since I can't reveal much about the film's plot, all I can say is that whatever steps he takes in his intriguing journey of life, he does it for her," added Neil as he gets into an admiration mode for Bipasha who had a successful 2008 with both Race and Bachna Ae Haseeno working at the box office.

One can't help but remember his leading lady from Johnny Gaddar though who didn't quite have much role to play in the all-men thriller by Sriram Raghavan. Rimmi Sen was important enough to the plot of Johnny Gaddar, but not critical enough to get much screen time to her credit.

One hopes that Bipasha isn't roped in director Jehangir Surti's Aa Dekhe Zara just for glamour quotient.
"That's definitely not the case", protested Neil, "She is not just any other leading lady in a romantic thriller. She contributes immensely to the film's graph and is simply phenomenal in the role of Simi Chatterjee."

While Bipasha plays a DJ in Aa Dekhe Zara, Neil enacts the role of a struggling photographer.

Neil can't forget the part though that Bipasha played in Race and says her role in Aa Dekhe Zara is as crucial as Race.
"She was mind blowing in the film. Actually, she was the best part about Race. You could see that she was so pivotal to the film's narrative. Same is the case in Aa Dekhe Zara as well", said Neil in admiration of his leading lady.

So are we looking at yet another negative portrayal of the lead actors in Aa Dekhe Zara?

"I won't say that I have a negative shade in the film. However, cliched as it may sound but the universal fact is that all of us do have grey shades. We have that element of angel and evil in us. None of us can deny this fact and if any of us says that we are all pure and white, then we are just fooling ourselves," he said.

"There are two sides to a coin. You need to flip a coin and depending upon the situation, you see one side of that coin," he added.

Also starring Rahul Dev in an important role, Aa Dekhen Zara is a Viki Rajani production and is presented by Eros Entertainment.

Earlier, titled Freeze, Aa Dekhen Zara has music by Pritam Chakraborty and Gourov Dasgupta and is all set for a March 27 release.

IBNLive.com

Zareena thumbnail
Aa Dekhain Zara Music Launch

Zareena thumbnail
Bhandarkar, Neil go behind bars!

22 Feb, 2009 06:00 am ISTlRenuka Vyavahare/INDIATIMES MOVIES

Pic:http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4162419.cms
The amount of research that Madhur Bhandarkar puts in his films is not news. The realistic filmmaker is known for doing his homework before he begins his films.

Keeping with the tradition, for his forthcoming film Jail, the director didn't even spare visiting an actual prison to get the look and feel of it! A close friend of Madhur revealed, "Madhur took his lead actor Neil to a Thane jail recently so that the two can observe for themselves what a jail actually looks like. The two didn't get to interact with the prisoners as there were some rules to be followed."

Madhur, we quite like your fashion, we must say.
Zareena thumbnail
Aa dekhen Zara Photoshoot

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey can i join?
I love him

Javeria
Zareena thumbnail