Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby)

Deven Bhojani wants a change!

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Deven Bhojani wants a change!

Deven Bhojani, who was adjudged Best Comic Talent at the recent Balaji  awards ceremony for his work as Gattu in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby, has taken up a role that is completely different from the one he is used to playing.

This actor cum director now wants variation in his acting career and so he has intentionally taken up the role of a stingy, middle-class father named Babulnath in a new serial called Remote Control.

We asked Deven about his new role: "I'm not bored of playing Gattu. He is loved by audiences, Gattu has become my second name. I like my role in Remote Control. I play a Mr Babulnath, who is mature and is the head of a middle-class Maharashtrian family."

He says, "My new role is that of a mature, miserly, bank employee who is focused on ensuring his family's well-being."

Who invented Gattu?
"Me and J.D. I have visited many shelters that house children who are mentally challenged. I've done my research. I'm glad people have recognized my work. For my new role, I have visited the chawls in Girgaun. The story of Babulnath and his family is real. It is an emotional drama, but there is a hint of comedy.

The awards he received for playing Gattu

Best Actor in a Comic Role (male) - Gold Awards, Star Parivaar Awards 2006, 2007,
Indian Telly Awards 2007
Edited by Lubnavaishali - 16 years ago