•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Ok so far, we've seen the Zee contestants celebrate Sonu's birthday, they had his father come on stage, they had Sonu do some mimicry, some people brought his favorite dvd, and last time we saw 2 guys bring in photos from Sonu's first performance!! It's all about Sonu Nigam!😡

BUT WHAT ABOUT SURESHJI? Don't you think they should have an epsisode of Sureshji's favorite songs and or do something of his choice? He just sits there, judging, but they never really give him much importance! Now that there are fewer contestants I think they should have an episode of Sureshji's favorite songs, or songs he's sung. Or maybe they could bring his wife and kids once to the show.

Why all the importance to one judge? I thought both should be given equal importance!

Can someone send this over so it can be read by the Saregamapa creative Team?

I was thinking along the same lines when I saw the episode where they brought Sonu's dad. Suresh-ji is a much seasoned singer and is been around for much longer time. Even Sonu respects him so much, treats him like his guru and has touched his feet many times. Suresh-ji may not be on the top charts today but being much senior, I think SRGMP should have done something for Suresh-ji first and then for Sonu. I wonder what must have gone in Suresh-ji's mind when Sonu was given so much importance and he was just sitting there watching. Zee needs to treat all judges equally and not show favor to one. This is just not done.Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago
i agree 100%.suresh wadekar is much much senior to sonu nigam and the channel definitely needs to do a special for his songs or something like that 😊
totally agree. I hope Zee realises this and makes a special episode for SW

Originally posted by *salil*

I was thinking along the same lines when I saw the episode where they brought Sonu's dad. Suresh-ji is a much seasoned singer and is been around for much longer time. Even Sonu respects him so much, treats him like his guru and has touched his feet many times. Suresh-ji may not be on the top charts today but being much senior, I think SRGMP should have done something for Suresh-ji first and then for Sonu. I wonder what must have gone in Suresh-ji's mind when Sonu was given so much importance and he was just sitting there watching. Zee needs to treat all judges equally and not show favor to one. This is just not done.

I agree that they need to have a Sureshji special, however as for what must have gone through his mind during the Sonu special, I don't think he is the type of person to take something like that the wrong way.  I think he is a very humble human being and he doesn't mind specials on Sonu or some special things that are done for Sonu.  Sureshji treats Sonu like a son, nephew, brother, etc.  From the looks of it, it seems like he is thoroughly happy for Sonu when the 'special' things are done for him. 

Just my thought though...

Surely,Sureshji would not mind the importance given to Sonu.But we would like a show on him--his singing career,his music school,his wife Padma,a singer whom he met on SRGM sets.All these topics would make an interesting show.SW and Padma Wadkar can sing together on stage.
Yes i agree..they have to have a special suresh ji episode..
Kids have to sing Sureshji's songs; not that easy.