Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Believe

Practice Practice Practice.... 😕 when DR's Complete their practice then they can reduce Mistake.... 😃 😉

😆 Now I know why Doctering is called doing Practise then doing a job!!😆😆

~globetrotter~ thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I think it's a tad bit unrealistic to expect doctors to NEVER ever make a mistake simply because they're holding people's lives at stake. NOBODY is immune to making mistakes, not even doctors...and in as much as they may have attended the best medical schools around, and worked for the longest time, they are just as likely to make a mistake as anyone else. It's unrealistic to expect them to never make a mistake and place them on a pedestal and expect them to be perfect and flawless at all times. Not even the best doctor makes a correct diagnosis every single time. There will be moments when the doctor simply has to use trial and error to treat a patient or times when the doctor is not absolutely positive that a certain procedure will work for a patient but would rather try the procedure knowing it might be detrimental to the patient than do nothing at all. Even the best doctors slip up and have their moments of stupidity (mistakes or negligence..whichever, whatever)...what differentiates a good doctor from a bad one is the frequency with which those errors occur. There's a difference btwn a good doctor who's having a bad day and made his first mistake in six months and a doctor makes a mistake day after day.

And no...would I agree to participating in a clinical drug trial? ...absolutely not...because I'm a big chicken that way. But I do think it's an incredibly selfless thing to do, and I respect people who go through it because they believe in it.