Mistakes in Medical Profession

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right?

1. Ultimately they too are humans and into a profession, is it fair that in this profession mistakes should be subjected to max punishment?

Another related question, ignore at will: 2. for making the health care safer there are initiatives required by common masses, for example participating in new drugs testing program and research, would you agree to be participate in such programs? Yes/No and Y?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think we've tried to make it as safe and caring as possible like doctors shouldn't operate on their relatives or someone they are known to hate. But people do make mistakes, unless there's proof that clearly shows that it was done on purpose, you can blame the doctor. But otherwise, it would be quite unfair to blame the doctor. I do agree though, it's a very risky profession and you have to be very good. But you cannot expect anyone to be perfect because no one is.
well docs too r human beings n they can commit mistakes..but if these mistakes r fatal for some1, then they shuld b punished
like leaving something in the patients body while operating on him/her is quite dangerous n fatal
i wuld say that there shuld b no chance of any mistake in medical profession as ur slightest of mistake can b deadly to others
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
M I S T A K E's

If a barber makes a mistake,
It's a new style...

If a driver makes a mistake,
It is an accident..

If a doctor makes a mistake,
It's an operation..

If a engineer makes a mistake,
It is a new venture...

If parents makes a mistake,
It is a new generation...

If a politician makes a mistake,
It is a new law...

If a scientist makes a mistake,
It is a new invention...

If a tailor makes a mistake,
It is a new fashion...

If a teacher makes a mistake ,
It is a new theory...

If a student makes a mistake,
It is a MISTAKE.
😛
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right?

1. Ultimately they too are humans and into a profession, is it fair that in this profession mistakes should be subjected to max punishment?

Another related question, ignore at will: 2. for making the health care safer there are initiatives required by common masses, for example participating in new drugs testing program and research, would you agree to be participate in such programs? Yes/No and Y?

No punishment should be measurable to the extent of crime...

Yes.. I believe in such things.as being a guniea pig.. doctors making mistake is nothing to do with it... just cause you can be run over by a car.. we dont stop using  teh road...

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

No punishment should be measurable to the extent of crime...

Yes.. I believe in such things.as being a guniea pig.. doctors making mistake is nothing to do with it... just cause you can be run over by a car.. we dont stop using  teh road...

Crime 😕 no matter what all mistakes are punishable then, correct?

It's not just the question of doctor making mistake, its about making the health care safer, overall.

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Crime 😕 no matter what all mistakes are punishable then, correct?

It's not just the question of doctor making mistake, its about making the health care safer, overall.

I think you are misxing mistakes with negligence... Negligence is punishable by law and is glaringly visible ( right kidney removed instead of left) and invisible (Oh I left the scalpel inside the patiens..😆. Mistakes on the other hand are smaller and less impacting and nature...Oh.. I prescibed the medecine but fogot to ask about allergies.. Now though this is largely imapacting you shouldnt nail the doctor... antidotes can be given instantly..etc.

Anuradha thumbnail
To err is Human 😳 No man can be perfect.. I agree with you that we have to make it more safer.. But think it this way - it may have happened that the nurse has used the needles for a patient and kept it aside to throw it away, but she might hv got an emergency to go away.. The other nurse comes uses the same needle thinking she had to inject it on the patient.. Now this is clear mis-understanding.. But yes, there should be lot of safety measures carried out.. The one that is under existence is not sufficient, atleast in India..

Regarding punishment, well the docs always give vague reasons to rescue themselves.. Thr was a soap called 'ek ladki anjaani si" whr a girl of 18 yrs old was wrongly injected for artificial insemination and later when realized, the docs got saved..
Anuradha thumbnail
To err is Human 😳 No man can be perfect.. I agree with you that we have to make it more safer.. But think it this way - it may have happened that the nurse has used the needles for a patient and kept it aside to throw it away, but she might hv got an emergency to go away.. The other nurse comes uses the same needle thinking she had to inject it on the patient.. Now this is clear mis-understanding.. But yes, there should be lot of safety measures carried out.. The one that is under existence is not sufficient, atleast in India..

Regarding punishment, well the docs always give vague reasons to rescue themselves.. Thr was a soap called 'ek ladki anjaani si" whr a girl of 18 yrs old was wrongly injected for artificial insemination and later when realized, the docs got saved..
swordfishh thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Answer to Raj's second question...

NO NO NO NO NO
Because....
a) I refuse to be a Guinea Pig... Hats off to those who agree to.... But I wont..

b) I simply dont have the guts to let people experiment on me... I love life.. 😳 😳