Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy_lil_gurl thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Count me in too πŸ˜›
Lookin for ward to watch it..actually it has released here already..want to watch it but examz strting on sunday

Hey everyone! I am Maya and a huge fan of film noir. So looking forward to Dus Kahaniyan.

Most stories are "inspired" from Hollywood flicks and some from Indian short stories still I am curious about the treatment given to the content. I am also looking forward to some brilliant actors like Shabana, Shah, Manoj Bajpai, Mahesh Manjrekar etc.

I also heard that in the end they will tie all stories together so most probably like 'Crash' and then they might go in flashback.

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pentaminous

count me in...My favorite Mandira is in the movie

welcome to the FCπŸ˜ƒ

-De.De- thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazy_lil_gurl

Count me in too πŸ˜›
Lookin for ward to watch it..actually it has released here already..want to watch it but examz strting on sunday

Welcome To FCπŸ˜ƒ

me too, omg,.. i cant just wait for this film to come outπŸ˜ƒ

-De.De- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Hey everyone! I am Maya and a huge fan of film noir. So looking forward to Dus Kahaniyan.

Most stories are "inspired" from Hollywood flicks and some from Indian short stories still I am curious about the treatment given to the content. I am also looking forward to some brilliant actors like Shabana, Shah, Manoj Bajpai, Mahesh Manjrekar etc.

I also heard that in the end they will tie all stories together so most probably like 'Crash' and then they might go in flashback.

Hi maya, I'm ika😊 welcome to FCπŸ˜ƒ

me too soo waiting for this film, I've a feelnig it will be a good one. πŸ˜ƒ

Yea such a huge star cast with such brilliant cast like: Nana patekhar, Shabana ji, Nasirundin shah, Amrita. Combination of old and young, I'm soo waiting for it. and the White Feather Films is great production I'm loving thier films. Like beofre Shotout and now this Dus Kahaniyan and also upcoming WoodStock villaπŸ˜ƒ

-De.De- thumbnail

Sanjay Gupta's 'Dus Kahaniyan'

Director Sanjay Gupta announed that he gonna make a film that contains 10 stories and the film titled 'Dus Kahaniyan'.He Known for his stylish films,he and made his intentions clear about 'Dus Kahaniyan' that his 10 stories to belong to different genre'n'theme and would boast of a different treatment rather than the previously released films that mainly tackled horror genre.

Before Sanjay Gupta it was Ram Gopal Verma started such an experiment in contemporary Bollywood with 'Darna Mana Hai' and 'Darna Zaroori Hai', each of which had 6 main stories, both films did not do well upto the expectation.Now Sanjay Gupta has taken 4 steps ahead by announcing his 10 story film 'Dus Kahaniyan'.Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
Experimental 'Dus Kahaniyan' album will get noticed
Meghna Menon

Director Sanjay Gupta's "Dus Kahaniyan" is an experimental album where he brings on board different composers, lyricists and singers and ends up making a three-pack compilation.

Sudhanshu Pandey should definitely get noticed in "Aaja soniye" in which he croons along with Shweta Vijay to render an amazingly melodic track.

"Bhula diya" follows. It not only has Anand Raj Anand as the composer but also as the voice of the track. While the composition is pretty average, lyrics stand out, courtesy lyricist Ibrahim Ashq.

An excellent track comes in the form of "Bin tum". With beautiful lyrics, the number boasts of a harmonious rendition by KK and Panchi Jalonvi. Their soulful crooning compliments the ghazal style music of the track superbly.

An outburst of energy, rhythm, tempo and great music is what one gets to hear in the title track, "Dus". Offering a complete six-minute duration of foot-tapping and head-swinging music, "Dus" is unconventional and bound to be a hit.

"Jaaniye" is a song rendered by female singers - Sunidhi and Aanchal pair up for the seductive and eerie track. Lyrics by Virag Mishra are fine, though Gourav Dasgupta's composition would remind one of the likes of "Zinda hoon main" from "Zinda" a lot.

"Kaala peela" belongs to a completely different genre - it has Sufi music as its essence. The combination of Sufi sounds with light rock beats and Shafqat Ali Khan's flawless rendition makes the song one of the best in the lot.

Bappa Lahiri has rendered the music for "Mushkil kushaa", a light, slow, melodic number with Kshitij Tare behind the mike. Panchi Jalonvi's lyrics are different from the conventional songs. Although the song seems to have a short life span, it may get noticed.

The time is ripe for Mika who strikes another hit with "Nachle soniye", a dance number. It may not be as good as Mika's earlier hits, but it definitely adds zest to the album.

"O maahiya" sees the return of KK but this time with Shweta Vijay. Electronic sounds give the track a different punch, though the number doesn't really stand out from the pack. Panchi's lyrics are also average.

Traditional Indian music, Sufi beats and emotions make their presence felt in "Vichodeya ne". Ambar Hoshiyarpuri's lyrics remind one of those typical Punjabi folk songs while Shafqat Ali Khan's rendition goes flawless for a second time in the album.

"Dus Kahaniyan" doesn't end up being a hotchpotch of different sounds unlike other experimental compositions. The different genres of music cater to every type of music lover to ensure that the album gets the money rolling in for the makers.
Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
      Dus Kahaniyan - One of the awaited movies of 2007..
As the year comes to end, it seems to end on a crescendo, with some big
< id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderer_ContentPlaceHolderFooter_ContentPlaceHolder_IslandAd_Google marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.mouthshut.com/INCLUDES/CONTENT/advt/readreview/gAD-review-300-250.aspx" Border=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250></>

movies releasing this month !(with Taare Zameen Par, Halla Bol still to come it s gonna be big for movie buffs)

Caught Dus Kahaniyan at the preview show in Inox Bangalore yesterday 7:10 P M show..So whats my take??Just read on....

One good thing about an episodic movie is if you do not like one episode/story in the film, you always have one more to look forward to...Same is the case with Dus Kahaniyan. Its definitely not 10/10, but again some stories are very good and some are timepass, so at the end you leave the hall with a satisfied feeling. I m listing the stories below(which are not in the order they appear in the movie) . Also for ther episodes, I m putting the director's name...I m giving individual rating to each one of them:-

1. Matrimony(**1/2) - DIR - Sanjay Gupta
Mandira Bedi is married to Arbaaz Khan for 5 years. Arbaaz is a VP for a top MNC. Hes always busy and doesnt find time for his wife. Lonely and desparate for companionship, Mandira falls for Sudhanshu Pandey, who is a Lieutinent in army. Every thursday she tells Arbaaz about her meeting a lonely aunt, but meets Sudhanshu and they have a good time with each other..One such thursday, Sudhanshu tells her that he needs to go to Assam border and report the next day..Shes upset. Sudhanshu tries to make her happy by giving an expensive jewellery set( i guess it was a necklace). But wat will Mandira tell Arbaaz? where did this jewellery set come from?? She comes up with a simple plan, and the further proceedings lead to a twist in the climax of the story(little humurous though)!!

2. High on the highway (**) - Hansal Mehta
This story is about two collegemates, Jimmy and Masumi. This couple leads their life on edge.They have been with each other for 3 years and most of their time is spent in drugs, discos and roaming aimlessly on highways..At the end of the 3 years, on such night, when the two are roaming , once incident changes a lot of things for the two....

3. Zahir(***) - Sanjay Gupta
Manoj Bajpai used to be a banker, but he quit that for a more creative career(writing). He has split from his girlfriend and moved to a new apartment. Dia is his neighbour. Slowly a friendship develops between them. Manoj is drawn to her.He tries to get intimate wit her, but Dia refuses and gets upset.Because Dia has her own secret..Get ready for one more twist at thhe end of this story :)

4. Puranmashi(***1/2) - Meghna Gulzar
This is the story of a mother, Amrita Singh, and her daughter, Minissha Lamba set in rural Punjab. Amrita Singh has had a very boring married life. With a screaming husband, who cares more about earning money for the family. Amrita is attached to her daughter Minissha a lot, who is going to be married in a few days. The preparations are in full swing.. But some turning events and a hidden secret of Amrita's life leads to a shocking end!

5.Lovedale(**1/2) - Jasmeet Dhodi
This is a lovestory. It tells how one should confess their love to his/her loved one in time, so that he/she doent regret later in life. The Story starts with Neha Uberoi going, by train, to see a guy of her parents choice. She meets a mysterious lady on the train. Subsequently the events lead her to get down on an station, unknwon to her(Lovedale) and meet Aftab Shivdasani. ....

6. Sex on the beach(**1/2) - Apoorva Lakhia
Dino is a cool, hip guy. One day while relaxing on a beach, he finds a diary. When he opens it, it has instructions to sign it before reading it. Once he does it, he sees a hot girl(Tareena Patel) on a jetski coming towards him..They talk and decide to meet that evening at her place. dino goes fully prepared :) But, nothing is wat it seems..

7. Rice Plate(****) - Rohit Roy
Shabana Aazmi is an orthodox tamilian. She has to rush to the railway station to catch a train to Pune, for meeting her grand children. Being an orthodox,She doesnt like to take a cab driven by muslim. She thinks it will cause her "Dharam Bhrasht".   But an encounter with Nasseeruddin Shah(who is a Muslim) and a squabble over a rice plate at the railway station canteen changes a lot of things for her....

8. Gubbare(***1/2) - Sanjay Gupta
Anita Hasnandani is travelling with her husband Rohit Roy in a bus(looks like they are newly wed). They quarrel about the "why do we need a guest room", "why do we need a library" thing for the new house..Upset, Anita goes and sits in the back seat, where she sees Nana, holding red colored smiling balloons..A touchy and beautiful Nana's story makes Anita realize the value of time in a married life and that each moment is precious, for the days to come !!!

9.Strangers in the night(***) - Sanjya Gupta
Mahesh Manjrekar and Neha Dhupia have a strange tradition of telling one deep secret of their lives on their anniversaries. It is Neha's turn now(Lookslike Mahesh had narrated about his tale about a one-night fling). Neha starts her story, in a railway waiting room, one night....Was it sex that happend that nite? or smethg else??Another good story...

10. Rise and Fall(***) - Sanjay Gupta
This is the story about two underworld Dons, Sanjay Dutt and Suniel Shetty(who is Sanjay's associate from long) , who started with a humble beginning in Mumbai and ultimately ruled it. The story shows parallels of their rise(during teens) and their fall(present)...Its again Sanjay Dutt all the way :)

The directors who truly impress are Sanjay Gupta, Rohit Roy, Meghana Gulzar.
Apoorva Lakhia, Hansal Mehta are good, but somewhere the story doesn't interest much
. Jasmeet Dhodi has done a good job, but same here, story is the culprit.

All in all Dus Kahaniyan is a good watch!..At a length of 12 reels(approx. 2 1/2 hrs), its worth a dekko!!There is an ensemble of cast and each one has enacted their short roles very well ..But the one performance, u carry home is Shabana Azmi ..

All the directors have done a good job.

Some may have been handicapped by a weak story(like high on the highway, lovedale)...There are hardly any songs..The title track comes in the end and is great..Cinematography is brilliant and suits the mood of the stories...

-De.De- thumbnail
Music Review Dus Kahaniyan Rating 3 Good

By Meghna Menon

Album: " Dus Kahaniyan "

Music Director : Gourav Das Gupta, Shafqat Ali Khan, Anand Raj Anand, Bappa Lahiri

Singers : KK, Sunidhi Chauhan, Aanchal, Shweta Vijay, Sudhanshu Pandey, Mika, Shafqat Ali Khan, Anand

Raj Anand, Panchi Jalonvi, Kshitij Tare

Rating: 3

Director Sanjay Gupta's "Dus Kahaniyan" is an experimental album where he brings on board different composers, lyricists and singers and ends up making a three-pack compilation.

Sudhanshu Pandey should definitely get noticed in "Aaja soniye" in which he croons along with Shweta Vijay to render an amazingly melodic track.

"Bhula diya" follows. It not only has Anand Raj Anand as the composer but also as the voice of the track. While the composition is pretty average, lyrics stand out, courtesy lyricist Ibrahim Ashq.

An excellent track comes in the form of "Bin tum". With beautiful lyrics, the number boasts of a harmonious rendition by KK and Panchi Jalonvi. Their soulful crooning compliments the ghazal style music of the track superbly.

An outburst of energy, rhythm, tempo and great music is what one gets to hear in the title track, "Dus". Offering a complete six-minute duration of foot-tapping and head-swinging music, "Dus" is unconventional and bound to be a hit.

"Jaaniye" is a song rendered by female singers - Sunidhi and Aanchal pair up for the seductive and eerie track. Lyrics by Virag Mishra are fine, though Gourav Dasgupta's composition would remind one of the likes of "Zinda hoon main" from "Zinda" a lot.

"Kaala peela" belongs to a completely different genre - it has Sufi music as its essence. The combination of Sufi sounds with light rock beats and Shafqat Ali Khan's flawless rendition makes the song one of the best in the lot.

Bappa Lahiri has rendered the music for "Mushkil kushaa", a light, slow, melodic number with Kshitij Tare behind the mike. Panchi Jalonvi's lyrics are different from the conventional songs. Although the song seems to have a short life span, it may get noticed.

The time is ripe for Mika who strikes another hit with "Nachle soniye", a dance number. It may not be as good as Mika's earlier hits, but it definitely adds zest to the album.

"O maahiya" sees the return of KK but this time with Shweta Vijay. Electronic sounds give the track a different punch, though the number doesn't really stand out from the pack. Panchi's lyrics are also average.

Traditional Indian music, Sufi beats and emotions make their presence felt in "Vichodeya ne". Ambar Hoshiyarpuri's lyrics remind one of those typical Punjabi folk songs while Shafqat Ali Khan's rendition goes flawless for a second time in the album.

"Dus Kahaniyan" doesn't end up being a hotchpotch of different sounds unlike other experimental compositions. The different genres of music cater to every type of music lover to ensure that the album gets the money rolling in for the makers.

-De.De- thumbnail
Hey guyz..have u heard the songs of this film? OMG i totally lvoe the song: bhula diya, Bin tere and Vichodyon ve..
omg..briliants songs πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
esp Bhula Diya 😳 😳