Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey guyz...finally movie releasing today...
so if any1 has watched it do tell. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
Mobile film - Dus Kahaniyan < name=feed> </>

By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, January 22, 2007   
Subscribe to Newsletter

Sanjay Gupta's next project Dus Kahaniyan may not be a novel concept (Ramu attempted the multiple story format in Darna Mana Hai), but some sections of the media are hell-bent on proving otherwise.

Dus Kahaniyan is now a "mobile film" according to a well-known film website, meaning that it can only be viewed on cell phones once it releases. Needless to say, Gupta is hot under the collar about this.

Only teasers

"Hungama.com has tied up with 3GSM World Congress, the world's leading mobile communications conference, to be held in Barcelona (Spain) this year where they will show some films from Dus Kahaniyan. But they will be like teasers. The 10 films from Dus Kahaniyan will be made available on cell phones only after its theatrical release later this year," clarifies Gupta.

Ads by Google
< = =text/> < = src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>
Gupta is upset that his big-budget extravaganza is being called a "mobile film". Gupta says, "It's got a budget of Rs 15 crore, is a full-length feature film consisting of 10 short films of 10 and 20-minute durations. It's one of the biggest productions from White Feather Films this year.

Dus Kahaniyan boasts of a cast of 30 stars, including Sunil Shetty, Sanjay Dutt, Neha Dhupia, Dia Mirza, Manoj Bajpai, Arjun Rampal, Esha Deol and Vidya Balan. We have adapted original stories from writers like Roald Dahl and Harold Pinter and roped in big writers like Vishal Bhardwaj, Kamlesh Pandey, Gulzar, Javed Siddiqui, Kartar Singh Duggal and others.

We are also shooting special music videos for each film with Strings, Shibani Kashyap, Aryans, Anand Raaj Anand, Bappa Lahiri, Euphoria and Anu Malik."

Besides Dus Kahaniyan, White Feathers is also producing Shootout At Lokhandwala with Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms, directed by Apoorva Lakhia and Woodstock Villa, directed by Hansal Mehta.
-De.De- thumbnail

Experimental 'Dus Kahaniyan' album will get noticed
Director Sanjay Gupta's "Dus Kahaniyan" is an experimental album where he brings on board different composers, lyricists and singers and ends up making a three-pack compilation.

Sudhanshu Pandey should definitely get noticed in "Aaja soniye" in which he croons along with Shweta Vijay to render an amazingly melodic track.

"Bhula diya" follows. It not only has Anand Raj Anand as the composer but also as the voice of the track. While the composition is pretty average, lyrics stand out, courtesy lyricist Ibrahim Ashq.

An excellent track comes in the form of "Bin tum". With beautiful lyrics, the number boasts of a harmonious rendition by KK and Panchi Jalonvi. Their soulful crooning compliments the ghazal style music of the track superbly.

An outburst of energy, rhythm, tempo and great music is what one gets to hear in the title track, "Dus". Offering a complete six-minute duration of foot-tapping and head-swinging music, "Dus" is unconventional and bound to be a hit.

"Jaaniye" is a song rendered by female singers - Sunidhi and Aanchal pair up for the seductive and eerie track. Lyrics by Virag Mishra are fine, though Gourav Dasgupta's composition would remind one of the likes of "Zinda hoon main" from "Zinda" a lot.

"Kaala peela" belongs to a completely different genre - it has Sufi music as its essence. The combination of Sufi sounds with light rock beats and Shafqat Ali Khan's flawless rendition makes the song one of the best in the lot.

Bappa Lahiri has rendered the music for "Mushkil kushaa", a light, slow, melodic number with Kshitij Tare behind the mike. Panchi Jalonvi's lyrics are different from the conventional songs. Although the song seems to have a short life span, it may get noticed.

The time is ripe for Mika who strikes another hit with "Nachle soniye", a dance number. It may not be as good as Mika's earlier hits, but it definitely adds zest to the album.

"O maahiya" sees the return of KK but this time with Shweta Vijay. Electronic sounds give the track a different punch, though the number doesn't really stand out from the pack. Panchi's lyrics are also average.

Traditional Indian music, Sufi beats and emotions make their presence felt in "Vichodeya ne". Ambar Hoshiyarpuri's lyrics remind one of those typical Punjabi folk songs while Shafqat Ali Khan's rendition goes flawless for a second time in the album.

"Dus Kahaniyan" doesn't end up being a hotchpotch of different sounds unlike other experimental compositions. The different genres of music cater to every type of music lover to ensure that the album gets the money rolling in for the makers.

Mischeivous thumbnail
Yaar i dnt knw ke yeh moive kaisi hogi...but i m in love with Neha Oberoi...
thanks for the pics...Iqra 😳
-De.De- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adildagr8

Yaar i dnt knw ke yeh moive kaisi hogi...but i m in love with Neha Oberoi...
thanks for the pics...Iqra 😳

ur most welcome...

i guess movie achi hogi...πŸ˜ƒ

-De.De- thumbnail

Movie Review- Dus Kahaniyan (Stay at home)

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>

< id=_odiogo_0 name=_odiogo_0 src="" Border=0 width=0 scrolling=no height=0></>

Dus Kahaniyan is a film made around ten small stories of approximate 10-12 minute length. Every story is a unique story and do not have any kind of link with the other stories. Six different directors have directed these small movies and for every story there are different set of actors. This film was promoted as watching ten movies on the cost of one movie, however at the end we realise that we have even failed in enjoying a single movie. This is a small film and run time of film is around 2 hours.

Already, earlier we have some similar versions of films like Darna Mana Hai, Darna Zaroori Hai and Salaam-e-Ishq. However, "Dus Kahaniyan" is weaker than all these movies. Out of the ten stories only three stories have something really to offer and rest of other stories are either below average or are total garbage. I admit that it is really-2 hard to make small ten minutes movies which are entertaining and justify themselves well. For this, we require a great combination of good story, solid theme, super acting performance, best direction and best editing, however, most of the ten short movies of Dus Kahaniyan miss on number of fields. Many times acting look totally unrelated to the mood of story.

One good short story in this movie is 'Pooranmashi'. The main stars in this small movie are Amrita Singh, Minisha Lamba, Parmeet Sethi and Vishwajeet Pradhan. Pooranmashi is about relationship between a mother and daughter and is good one to watch in movie. Other good short films are 'Zahir' staring Manoj Bajpai and Dia Mirza and 'Rice Plate' staring Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah. The biggest drawback of the film is that audience finds it very hard to relate with the film, during the whole movie, we move from one unrelated theme to other unrelated theme and that with poor execution.

At the end it becomes very hard to tell that what we have actually watched in this movie and what is "Dus Kahaniyan" all about? Absence of good music also makes this movie further dull and boring. Though, "Dus Kahaniyan" has number of good messages like all people are same, life is small and respecting different religions with some solid dialogues but poor delivery make these points irrelevant. People even can find more good entertainment on the daily soaps running on the small TV.

Rating- 1/5

-De.De- thumbnail

Dus Kahaniyan movie review

by Rohit Tanejaa | Fri, 07/12/2007 - 16:00 | in

< =text/> < src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>

White Feather Films' produced, "Dus Kahaniyan", is an ensemble of dark, drab and depressing stories which fail to touch a chord anywhere save a few places. Although the concept of having multiple stories being told by multiple Directors is novel but the end results are either too stark or too niche.

The only 2 stories that stand out amongst the 10 are " Rice Plate" directed by Rohit Roy and " Gubbare" directed by Sanjay Gupta. The rest of the stories fail to hit the right chords. Especially the ones directed by Hansal Mehta and Apoorva Lakhia, although shot in a very avant-garde style, they have no soul in them. Both these film-makers are as in cohesive in their narrative as they have been in their earlier films. "Puranmasi", made by Meghna Gulzar, does have its moments though. Probably the most absurd out of the lot is, " Strangers in the night" by Jasmeet Dodhi, it is too verbose and the twist in the end fails to have the desired impact.

Amongst the ensemble of actors, Shabana Azmi in "Rice Plate", and Nana Patekar in "Gubbare", both give creditable performances. Amrita Singh and Parmeet Sethi in "Puranmasi" are endearing.  Jimmy Shergill and Masumeh Makhija in " High on the Highway" are convincing in an unconvincing story. Mandira Bedi is quite rightly measured and subdued in "Matrimony".

On the whole the entire film reminds one of the 'Rishtey', "X-Zone", " Saturday Suspense" slots seen earlier across various TV channels and fails to entice the viewers.  Sanjay Gupta has attempted to create a new genre in film-making and although technically most of the stories have been well shot, overall the impact is disappointing.  

Rohit Tanejaa is a film director.

Rice Plate is the worst of the lot

Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 07/12/2007 - 23:51.

'Rice Plate' with Shabana and Naseerudin Shah is the worst of the lot. It's a totally unconvincing story. Try and get a taxi driver to forego 160 rs so easily and you'll see. Shabana is too loud as the southie woman. I don't even want to begin talking about how farcial her character is..because I can go on for an hour. The director is clearly inexperienced in matters of life. Jimmy Shergil and Masumeh story is rot. It shouldn't have been included. There's no real twist either. Matrimony and Gubbare stories are very predictable. Bore kar diya!!!

-De.De- thumbnail

Woow finally I saw the film and I really liked it πŸ‘ Great film...
My fav ones are:

Rice Plate - damn good πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ great performance by both Nasirudin shah and Shabana azami...

Puranmashi - different story, great acting by Amrita singh... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Gubbare - aww this one was sweet and good.... πŸ˜ƒ Nana patekar was mnid blowingπŸ‘ πŸ‘

Sex on beach - this was soo confusing so also was stranges in night....
over all great film worth a watch πŸ˜ƒ

Loved the songs: Vichodeyan ne, Bhula diya and Bin tumπŸ‘
reg,
ika 😊

Mischeivous thumbnail
thanks Iqra was ur views...i m hopefully gonna watch the moive this weekend...i m already in love with the song...Aaja Soniye and Bin Tum...and Bhula Diya is a gr8 track too πŸ˜ƒ
-De.De- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adildagr8

thanks Iqra was ur views...i m hopefully gonna watch the moive this weekend...i m already in love with the song...Aaja Soniye and Bin Tum...and Bhula Diya is a gr8 track too πŸ˜ƒ

woow do watch and share ur viewsπŸ˜ƒ

I'm in love with Vochodeya ne song...😳 kal se lekar ab tak sun rahi hon bar bar😳