Diwakar Pundir on playing a father

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Diwakar Pundir on playing a father

Ex Mr India turned actor Diwakar Pundir will be playing a father for the first time in Star Plus' new series Santaan. We asked the actor about why he took up the role at such a young age.
Says Diwakar, "I took this role as a challenge. Even after spending so many years in the industry, I still haven't gained enough recognition. I keep on playing the romantic hero. This is a sensitive character and with this I want to break my image and get audience's recognition as well. I will also get a chance to show various shades and prove myself."

Diwakar admits that it is difficult to play a father to actors who are almost his age. "It is weird to have grey hair and non glamorous costumes. But it is common in television these days."

He hopes people will like him as a handsome father. "I left my last show because I was playing a young romantic hero. I will continue doing ads and films too but let's see how people accept me as a father."

Santaan is going on air next week. Earlier, Diwakar played Shourya Shergill in Parrivar and also had a small role in Farhan Akhtar's Don.

no one has grey hair on tv.. 😆 he's mad i think comeon ppl normally like to play young characters n this guy wants to play old..Biggest shock i got 2day!! 😆 😆 He doesnt look so old.. Anyways all tht very best to santaan.. Lets hope it does well!! 😊
even the dada-dadi's of tv Prerna, Parvati, n brigade dont have a single strand of grey hair except tulsi of course.. even mihir has jet-black hair.. 😆 😆
😆 may be he got more publicity for this..thts y he is playing 😆
the show will have a lot of flashbacks.. so he won't be shown in grey hair all the time.. :)
He looks pretty young...

Good Luck to him..Hope he finds the success hes looking for in playing old 👍🏼

Thanks for sharing 😊