Users

Frequent Posters

desi chic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: catafly

OMG!!!!!that was a banner!!really an awsome part.do continue soon
šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘ šŸ‘

A banner?šŸ˜³šŸ˜† okes... thanks Catafly!!

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

Originally posted by: lil_desi_goddes

haila... neetu dii.. brilliant.. i look forward to reading this one..!

Aakriti my lil speechless brilliant behna!! Where the heck have u been girl? *hugs* Aww, thanks sweetie... I finished the other one too... Hope to see more of you around!

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelic shaz

omg wow amazing šŸ‘ šŸ‘
i luv ur ff
continue soon   šŸ˜ƒ

Ello Shaz... Merci boucoup!šŸ˜³

Cheers,

dc

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desi chic

Oye Chipkali, tu idhar bhi? yes, kyu mana hai kya?? šŸ˜”šŸ˜†I thought you'd stopped reading my ramblings (apne par joh focus karna tahšŸ˜³). nahhhhhhh i'll read them...but gimme time šŸ˜†Khair, yep I'm here... and madamji, the other is done!šŸ˜ƒ  gudddddd girl..u ended it i kno i have to read it šŸ˜³

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

@ Chipku... tujhe manna ho bhi na, toh bhi tu andar aajaayegi, waise aaye, aapka intezaar tahšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜†

@ Miss English... I truly don't know... but will let u know soon enough!šŸ˜ƒ

Cheers,

dc

Robin_M thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
update soon! im missing your wonderful writting!
Pretz thumbnail

Hai ...still no update šŸ˜­ šŸ˜­ šŸ˜­
Ur probably really busy but hum to atak gaye na!!!!
After such a beautiful intro, darl please wen u get da time do update Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz šŸ˜³

Like Robin_M said really missing ur writing!!!

Preetz
desi chic thumbnail

So sorry guys!! I will be posting a few minz...

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

"Marriage By Consent" Part 1

I felt my limbs fall into paralysis as his icy breath rushed passed my ears at a dangerous proximityā€¦ and then his words came into registrationā€¦ Mrs? My eyes began to widen with each passing moment as I realized the implication of his wordsā€¦ Oh-my-dear-godā€¦ Panic rushed through my veins, yet I remained stillā€¦ and then it hit meā€¦ "Main tumpe vishwaas kaise karoon?" (How can I trust you?), I spoke to him with my most composed voice in the situation being, whilst wriggling my fingers from his and sitting up. I stared at his sleepy frameā€¦ his head rested comfortably in the plush white pillow, while a knowing smile crept on his lips as I voiced my doubt. Without opening his eyes, he let out a light chuckleā€¦ Isse kya huaā€¦ Mera dimaag kharab karke has raha haiā€¦ Soor kahin ka! Uffā€¦ (What happened to himā€¦ After eating my brains, he is laughingā€¦ Pig! Uffā€¦). "Zara mudh kar toh dekhoā€¦" (Turn and seeā€¦), he whispered sleepily. A minute passed before it occurred to me that I was to turn andā€¦ look in to the mirror? What?! Main toh khud ko ayeene mein rozā€¦ OMGā€¦ (What?! I look at myself in the mirror everyā€¦ OMGā€¦)ā€¦

My thoughts petered out as the colour drained from my face while settling eyes upon the dash of red on my forehead. Instinctively, my hand reached to where the vermilion coloured my destiny. Bringing it down, I stared blankly at the red substance at my fingertipsā€¦ Was this happening? I couldn't seem to decide if my heart had begun to race or helplessly stopped beatingā€¦  Feeling the my vision begin to blurry, I looked uncertainly from my fingertips to behind meā€¦ where my so-called husband layā€¦ Desperately, I searched my brain for a grasp at reality as I wished itā€¦ In the midst of the chaos erupting within me, a small smile crept on my face as another idea flickered in my intelligent mindā€¦ Turning my body, I sat facing himā€¦ my hand still before me. "Issey kya saabit hota haiā€¦ kya pataā€¦" (What does this proveā€¦ Who knowsā€¦). Before I could finish, my breath caught in my throatā€¦ feeling his fingers hushing against my lips. He stared at me for an endless momentā€¦ and I could feel the colour rise to my cheeks once more. Finally, he retraced his hand and outstretched it to the side tableā€¦ retrieving some papers. As he shoved them into my hands, I watched as he turned his head over, pulling the covers underneath his armsā€¦ and close his eyes. Shifting my amazed gaze, I scanned the documentsā€¦ immediately confirming my dreadā€¦ as I saw my scribbled signiture at the end of the page. Retracing my eyes sideways, the bold print held my abilities captive in a stubborn grasp... "Marriage By Consent: [signature of Maithali]"...

In that one minuteā€¦ I felt my world turn upside-downā€¦ or aroundā€¦ Heck! I couldn't even think straightā€¦ I looked up from the white sheets of paper binding me toā€¦ this unknown manā€¦ whom I lay in bed withā€¦ who seems so unconcernedā€¦ My vision blurred as I turned from looking at himā€¦ to the papersā€¦ and back at himā€¦ silently cursing myself for not being able to remember what happened in the rest of last nightā€¦ "Meri shaadiā€¦" (My weddingā€¦), I whispered in a barely audibleā€¦ cracking voiceā€¦ The thin leaves of paper sifted through my trembling fingers, eventually swaying awayā€¦ their feather-like weight soundlessly crashed upon the floorā€¦ I sat immobile for a minute, and closed my eyesā€¦ hoping to re-open them to the reality I knewā€¦ Cursesā€¦ As I lifted my eyes, they met with the same fateā€¦ My heart churned with emotions I knew not, and in the midst of itā€¦ a deep suffocation filled my lungs and I desperately sought the fresh airā€¦ With a blank mind, I threw over the covers, proceeding to run towards a closed door in the posh surroundingā€¦ when my feet ceased mid-stepā€¦ Turning my head at a ninety-degree angle, I looked at where my wrist was encased in a firm grip, and traced the arm upwardsā€¦ A lazy smile played on the lips as he parted them, "Sweetheartā€¦ meri shirt?" (Sweetheartā€¦ my shirt?). My eyes went wildly big as I looked from his open torso to where his eyes staredā€¦ at mineā€¦ Instantly, I shot my gaze upā€¦ feeling the colour rise and fall out of my face in unkempt paceā€¦ My body was loosely clothed in a deep brown shirt, whose end extended just above my kneesā€¦ My kneesā€¦ which had by that time, begun to shakeā€¦ Embarrassed to no bounds, I pulled away my hand, hugging myself tightly, whilst trying to pull down the stretchy fabricā€¦ Turning my head and looking to the floor in shame, a fresh reservoir of tears began to threatenā€¦ Keenly, my gaze shifted to the various corners of the roomā€¦ finally falling upon the stony grey and soft crme of my churidaar. Without a thought, I ran and grabbed it, and rushed into the bathroomā€¦

Feeling the door behind my back and my chest heavingā€¦ I felt my mind slowly register the situationā€¦ My entire life had come to a standstillā€¦ Numbed to feelingā€¦ but vulnerable with despair, I felt my vision blurā€¦ and slowly I slid to the groundā€¦ burying my face in my armsā€¦

Maithaliā€¦ tu roh kyun rahi hai? Tujhe halat ka saamna karna hogaā€¦Tum ussā€¦ ussā€¦ uss soor ko jeetne nahin de saktiā€¦  (Maithaliā€¦ why are you crying? You have to face the situationā€¦ You can't let thatā€¦ thatā€¦ that pig winā€¦)ā€¦ I strengthened myself bit-by-bit reciting the line to myselfā€¦ remembering the faces of my familyā€¦ Mammaā€¦ Papaā€¦ everyoneā€¦ Lifting my head slowly from the fetal position, I gently lifted myself and turned to face myself through the glass aforeā€¦ "Manthanā€¦" I whispered with a trembleā€¦ as my eyes transfixed on the dash of red on my foreheadā€¦ Turning the tap on, I gorged my face with the cool texture of the clear liquid icing against balmy skinā€¦ Closing the taps, I lifted my eyes as my hands slithered down my cheeksā€¦ The dash of red on my forehead stubbornly remained untouchedā€¦ I felt nauseousā€¦ Grabbing my dupatta with trembling fingers, I ripped open the door of the bathroomā€¦ My strides pointed definitely towards the exitā€¦ As I walked past, my eyes faintly caught a glimpse of him sitting up against the headboardā€¦ shirtlessā€¦ Besharam kahin ka (Shameless idiot), I thought in disgust and frustration as I slammed the door behind meā€¦

It was a chilly morningā€¦ the air hit my skin like frost, yet I let the windows downā€¦ Overwhelming myself with the cool breezeā€¦ allowing it to cool my heated sensesā€¦ As the scene from my awakening unfolded before my open eyes, I felt a surge of anger and frustration race through my pulseā€¦ almost immediately, my foot unconsciously pressed hard on the gas as I shifted gearsā€¦ Flashes of my loved ones' faces came haunting me one by oneā€¦ the slide having endedā€¦ I whispered yet again, "Manthanā€¦" Just as the dear name left my lips, I forced down on the brakesā€¦ the black machine carrying me came to a screeching halt. I sat there for a minuteā€¦ my whole body shivering with an emotional rageā€¦ Involuntarily, my fingers slithered in a circular motion tracing the sleek leather steeringā€¦ in a counter clockwise directionā€¦ as though in hope of turning back time. Closing my eyes tightly, I desperately tried grasping the reality of last nightā€¦ How I came to be from Miss Maithali Agarwal to Mrs. Whatever-the-heck-his-name-is. Time lost it's importance as I racked my brains for answers to the blaring questionsā€¦ Nothing having come to meā€¦ Tired and irritated, I stepped out of the lavish interior of the car and looked with blank eyes at the tall building afore. With a determined mind, I stepped forward hurriedlyā€¦

Kicking off my shoes, I stepped onto the cool floorā€¦

Oh Mahiyaā€¦ ye dil mein tuā€¦ Oh Mahiyaā€¦ ye dil mein tuā€¦

Lifting my eyelidsā€¦ I looked straight aheadā€¦ where the woman stared back at me through the mirror glassā€¦

Agaya dil mera dil ki baaton meinā€¦ Agaya dil mera dil ki baaton meinā€¦

Kho gaya surmayee raaton meinā€¦

Extending my arm rigidly aforeā€¦ my right foot inched against my kneeā€¦ as the eyelids fell once moreā€¦

Chun liye shabnabi lamhey aankhon neā€¦

Tab chali zindagi saanson meinā€¦

Slowlyā€¦ I felt my muscles give in to the ecstatic movement as the turmoil within came pouring out as my feet raged against the floorā€¦

Koi vaada na tahā€¦ Kuch irada na tahā€¦ Dil mein tu agayaā€¦ jaane kaiseā€¦

With each stepā€¦ I felt my pulse race not with energyā€¦ but the desperatenessā€¦ as I fetched the depths of my brain for a link to last nightā€¦

Oh Mahiyaā€¦ ye dil mein tuā€¦ Oh Mahiyaā€¦ ye dil mein tuā€¦

Each step now exhibited a growing fireā€¦ a frustrationā€¦ and perhaps more soā€¦ helplessnessā€¦

As the melody faded awayā€¦ I felt my body fall as a heap on the floorā€¦ a single droplet of moisture betraying the composure I struggled to containā€¦ Sitting up loosely, I looked ahead once moreā€¦ I was a wreck. Suddenly, a surge of anger threaded through my veins as his lazy smile flashed before my eyesā€¦ Unknowingly, my fingers curled into a ballā€¦ Wiping away the dried tear from my face, I stood up againā€¦ determined to show myselfā€¦ Main aise nahin haar sakti (I can't be defeated like this)ā€¦ I spoke my thoughts confidentlyā€¦ and with that in mindā€¦ I stepped towards the change roomā€¦

Mumbling incoherent phrases of comfort and very apparent cursesā€¦ I threw my bag over the shoulder, whilst slamming the door of my black machine. Damn hairā€¦ I cursed some more, whilst shoving the soft tendrils of hair behind my ear. Looking up abruptly, I froze on the spotā€¦ and turned around in the next minuteā€¦ Kya ghissa pitta din haiā€¦ Ab aur bhi kuch burra hone ko hai kyaā€¦ Ye duffer yahan kya kar raha haiā€¦ Hai rabba!! (What a sad dayā€¦ And could it get any worseā€¦ What is this idiot doing hereā€¦ Oh god!!)ā€¦ Lifting my dupatta in the air, I brought it down over my headā€¦ holding it slightly over my cheek as I passed the man dressed in a tan blazerā€¦ Passing him, I was just able to catch a confused glance hovering over his faceā€¦ Hai rabbaā€¦ Isne kahin mujhe pehchaan toh nahin liya? (Oh godā€¦ Did he recognize me?)ā€¦ Uffā€¦ and this darn veilā€¦ Bringing my hand up, I attempted to fix my dupatta whilst trying to still conceal my faceā€¦ I imagine I must look like a victim of paranoiaā€¦ That aside, I bring my hand downā€¦ when a particular shade caught my flailing eyesā€¦ Bringing forth my hand, I realized the distinct red smudged over my fingertipsā€¦ As though hit with an epiphany, I stood stillā€¦ while my gaze sifted through the various corners of the roomā€¦ Walking briskly towards the receptionistā€¦ it dawned on meā€¦ I didn't even know what the name wasā€¦ Standing still for another minute, I tried to fudge out the nameā€¦ Cursesā€¦ I was practically running nowā€¦ sensing the duffer on my backā€¦ Desperate, I found myself turn the knob of a doorā€¦ and slam it shutā€¦ Leaning against the solid, I felt my chest heave in chaotic rhythmā€¦

Cheers,

dc

PS... listen to the Club Version of "Oh Mahiya" from "Dus Kahaniya"... that's the song... erm... couldn't think much at the time... and too lazy to change itšŸ˜³

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Neetuji finally!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ˜† šŸ˜†
My eyelids were drooping just now when i had logged on to IF.But as soon as I saw ur fic updated.....saari neend bhaag gayi šŸ˜†
Loved it,loved it. šŸ‘ šŸ‘ You expressed her panic and anger so well.
Hmm so they dont know each other at all,huh?......Well plz continue soon.Cant wait to read more!