Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: superbike

Shvetal… this sounds quite interesting.. though I dun think it may necessarily start as 'battle of the sexes' relationship… I would like to see Abhimanyu in a comfort zone with her from day one, where both have respect for each other e.g as in Abhimanyu's relationship with Naina.. though he was trying to help her, but both had a comfort, not competing with each other, naina was honest, controlled, soft , vulnerable at times but overall I find her a strong character. I liked their chemistry… Had it not been related to Naveen's murder, if enough attention would have been given to this… I could see the spark…. So similarly if we are looking for a new love story with a new entrant… we can have someone… where Abhimanyu can be just be himself, suave. charming, good soldier, intelligent. and the new entrant herself is also soft spoken, charming, can match him at many aspects. But I personally dun think this kind of scenario is suitable for daily soap.. it has the risk of becoming slow at one point… to keep it entertaining and medium paced , if not fast paced…. You need really good dialogues, good scenes and nicely thought of situations… because you are talking much more than simple chemistry… it wont be love at first sight. It will need some interactions... which are simple yet interesting, which are situational...yet seem real and natural,  once they have some interactions, they can reveal other aspect of each other like having fun, laughing together and some leg pullling. 😉 

Hi Teena. Its great to have you posting after so long... instead of wasting your time on yahoo chat as you usually do 😉 😆... see my battle of the sexes is not serious, it is about leg pulling, about the girl saying 'why are guys like this?'....the guy retorting 'why are women like this?' and the girl snapping back 'precisely... i'am a woman while you are still a guy'... i just made that up on the spur of the moment but you get the kind of thing i mean... and with that kind of verbal play, friendship and liking would come on their own.

Somehow …I see better potential here for a daily soap… as people in tv are so perfect in showing girls… who are upset, unhappy at very aspect… but I would like to see a character… whose unhappiness, restlessness is situational, temporary… it should not be a permanent feature of her personality… I dun wanna see heroine crying in every episode… so Abhimanyu helps her find her inner strength back. Supporting her to fight back, at the same time being charming.. in the process of making her come out as winner… rediscovers himself. And then this relationship changes from help, support to a friendship where he also shares his vulnerable moments with her…  and the relationship blossoms from there in every scene.

Even i did not mean a perpetually crying heroine... i would get very irritated with someone like that... but i like the way you've put it, supporting her while being charming... yes here the sharing of his vulnerabilities would have to come at a later stage...

Teena you've actually taken both my scenarios forward and made them more interesting... wanna write things together and give Salim Javed competition? 😛 😉 😆

And here's the analysis for today, the 8th of August:

To come to today's episode... I see Lirh's point that Abhimanyu has got the look of command in place now... I would like to take her reading forward and argue that it is not just a look of command... there is also a distance, a formality that has crept into his body language. I felt that today in the scene where he asks Capt Rajveer to run away because he trusts him but does not trust the system... Gaurav did the scene adequately, even competently... but not as well as i feel he could have done it... there was the conflict, there was the offer to help... but i really did not see a struggle... and i say this because from Gaurav i expect to see struggle irrespective of whether it is in the dialogue or not.. i expect to see layers, obvious and beyond the obvious...in a scene like this, i expect to see more struggle between ethical duty and the need to help one's friend, disbelief at what has just happened and what you think your friend has done, guilt at what you are doing, at the offer you are making but the inability to change anything... i do not mean that he has to show every layer all the time... that would be ludicrous...But i do expect more... as i said, by normal standards, it was both adequate and competent but thats all that it was... perhaps he deliberately underplayed it... but he is not underplaying the intensity of it, so then this underplaying became incongrous for me. Is this underplaying going to go on? Was this there yesterday as well?... I dont mind the distance in his attitude (in fact i like that!)... i dont mind the underplaying as well as long as it works for the scene and for the show... will give it some more days before i make up my mind.

Finally, one more compliment for the show: I think this entire outdoor sequence was shot well.. the light was brighter... most scenes were allowed to develop at their own pace.. for instance, catching one shot of flowing water at the start of the Capt Rajveer Abhimanyu scene was something i liked...

Well thats about it. I'm done for the day and am off. See ya tomo. Adios amigos!
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whynot

Hi Teena. Its great to have you posting after so long... instead of wasting your time on yahoo chat as you usually do 😉 😆...

Sweetheart... I have some important people who love to waste their time with me on yahoo.😃.😆

Teena you've actually taken both my scenarios forward and made them more interesting... wanna write things together and give Salim Javed competition? 😛 😉 😆

If you are interested , I can add you as a friend on yahoo.... and we can discuss this in length.😳

rosemere thumbnail
.....Whoooohhhhh..Sorry JOJOJI, me late this time... 😔 😊

.. ITNE SHAAN SE ITNAA ACHHA FANCLUB KHOLA HAI APNE .. 👍🏼 👏 👍🏼

😃 .. ROSIE/GULABO KHUSH HOGAYE .. 😃

rosemere thumbnail

And here's the analysis for today, the 8th of August:

Well thats about it. I'm done for the day and am off. See ya tomo. Adios amigos!

Whynotji , kia khubh likhti hain aap.. 👏...ok ..see yu tomo 😃

rosemere thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpiongal

hv u asked ur 'siggy'...that why it dissaparated & where it had gone? 😉

😆😆😆...siggy kaise ghum hoti hai?😆

jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rosemere

.....Whoooohhhhh..Sorry JOJOJI, me late this time... 😔 😊 
   .. ITNE SHAAN SE ITNAA ACHHA FANCLUB KHOLA HAI APNE .. 👍🏼 👏 👍🏼

😃 .. ROSIE/GULABO KHUSH HOGAYE .. 😃

thankyou rosie/gulabo 😳 apki baat se jojambo bhi khush hogaye 😃

jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rosemere

😆😆😆...siggy kaise ghum hoti hai?😆

billkul waise hi , jaise k aap iss forum se ghum hoti hai 😉😆 ,miss gul-gulabo aka rosie-gulabo 😉😊

rosemere thumbnail

Originally posted by: jojo_100

billkul waise hi , jaise k aap iss forum se ghum hoti hai 😉😆 ,miss gul-gulabo aka rosie-gulabo 😉😊

meri to majboori hai ; jojamboji.

spian thumbnail

BAAL KI KHAAL Analysis-8th August

Yes'day there were some intense scenes of GC. The command and confidence in the way he says " koi hathkadi nahi pahenayega" was visible. He gives instructions to the cadets indicative of his position and ability to command. There is no hesitation now😛. The earlier friendly one to one bond has been replaced with this senior-junior relationship.

Abhi tells the capt " bhaag jao" and he tells him his dilemma👏. His brain says he did shoot but  his heart tells him he has been trapped.  Here the fear, the concern for capt is visible, Abhi fears Naveen saga may repeat itself helpless & is deeply concerned, he knows the system is harsh and some people manipulate it, hence to avoid the same remorseful fate keeps telling him "bhaag jao" but with no success. In the last bid of request Abhi says  "chaale jao", koi aur tareeka nahi hai,  I liked the softness😳 in this and after this  he turns his face away. (The song that could be played in the background is "Jaa mujhe naa aab yaad aa")😆.

Abhi's exasperation with the turn of events was well exhibited by GC👏, the way he modulated his voice while trying to put reasons forth for running away. Although the whole episode was mediocre in concept and direction the performance saved it😛.

It seems to me there is more focus on character/s than story now becoz I feel the scenes are broken and have no continuity. Perhaps this is why I find something amiss in the episodes.

Over to Vishesh Tipaani😊 by all.

Edited by spian - 16 years ago