I'm not not like Rishabh Lamba in real li

dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I'm not not like Rishabh Lamba in real life - Aman Verma

Seldom has any television actor evoked both our love and hatred. However, time and again, Aman Verma has showcased these extremities of a human psyche through his impeccable performances; he's evoked our fondness as Anupam Kapadia in Kyunki..., while he's also got under our skin as Rishabh Lamba in Viraasat.

In conversation with Mayur Lookhar, Verma gets talking his famous act in Viraasat. And can you believe this, the actor feels this performance is just 5-10% of his capability and he can do much better than this!!! At that rate we wonder what wonders it would create then….

Has there ever been a more vicious, cunning character than Rishab Lamba on the tube?
Well, I really don't know because I hardly ever watch television. It's really difficult to say.

How do you pull it off (Rishab Lamba's character)?
As an actor, I simply have to follow my director. However, I must confess that it's difficult when I'm required to alter emotions. For instance, I may be laughing and then all of a sudden I have to flash a somber face. But that's what a good actor is required to do.

How do you react when you see Rishab on television?
Weird! (laughs). Weird because I'm not that kind of person in real life.

What do your family and friends have to say about your act?
They are quite impressed by my performance. But I can do much better than this. I'm only delivering up to 5-10% of my capability. As an actor, you should never feel satisfied. You should always strive to do better.

What is it with the Chopra clan that brings out the best in you?
The Chopra's have looked after me ever since I landed in Bombay. They are like a family to me. They've always stood besides me in my good and bad times.

Now that you have acquired the image of a bad man on TV, are you comfortable with it?
It's not about comfort. I'm happy to do different and challenging roles. Also, I got tired playing the same old innocent guy. As an actor, you have to test yourself by playing different characters.

What can we expect in Viraasat in the coming days?
Well, if I were to tell you then you wouldn't watch it. Well, this is a daily soap. So, you never know there could be a major twist in the offing.

Will Rahul Lamba (Rohit Roy) return to the fold?
I have no clue about it. This is something that director and Rohit will have to decide.

Has Rohit Roy's ouster affected the script of the show?
I wouldn't comment on it. I think Rohit is the best person to answer it.

Any interesting tales from the sets of Viraasat?
I don't know any tales but it's been a wonderful experience working with such brilliant actors. If I go wrong, they are always there to help me out. All of us get along well.

Any other shows in the offing?
Apart form Viraasat, I'm not doing anything else on TV.

What about films?
There's a Rohit Jugraj film, he's the one who directed James for Ram Gopal Verma. Kunal Khemu plays the lead role and I am the bad guy. We haven't decided on the title yet.

Few years ago, you got involved in a scandalizing controversy? How has that changed you as a person?

It has made me stronger and helped me evolve as a person. Of course, that incident did have its negative points. Earlier, I trusted people easily. Now, I take care whenever I meet someone new.

Any plans of marriage?
None, as I'm yet to find the right girl.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kim_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow, thank you thank you, thank you so much for AMAN VERMA's interview 🤗 haa I'm only watching it for him... 👏

I love him alot ☺️
lonely thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing he does not sount to bad in real life he just has an evil role in virasaat
Kim_ thumbnail

wow real good words thanks to the journalist😳
[quote]

Has there ever been a more vicious, cunning character than Rishab Lamba on the tube?
Well, I really don't know because I hardly ever watch television. It's really difficult to say. [/quote]

hmm the character in devi he played was very dangerous too, I loved it, but this is just the best, but he is not all visious he is so sweet
[quote]How do you pull it off (Rishab Lamba's character)?
As an actor, I simply have to follow my director. However, I must confess that it's difficult when I'm required to alter emotions. For instance, I may be laughing and then all of a sudden I have to flash a somber face. But that's what a good actor is required to do.[/quote]

he is simply the best👏 I like his surprising act of sudden emotions change😃although I want to see something new in this characters mood, like some sad emotions😳and loner emotions like shakespears play😃

[quote]How do you react when you see Rishab on television?
Weird! (laughs). Weird because I'm not that kind of person in real life. [/quote]

😆😆😆 you are such a sweety, no doubt you are a very good person, that's why no one can play rishab's character better than Aman Verma, I think negative hero character demands a beautiful heart as Aman Verma😳

[quote]What do your family and friends have to say about your act?
They are quite impressed by my performance. But I can do much better than this. I'm only delivering up to 5-10% of my capability. As an actor, you should never feel satisfied. You should always strive to do better. [/quote]

ooohhh wow, hehe waiting to see your put in another 5% in to it, would that mean all nine emotions of stage😳 we have seen only 2 emotions can you add one more plz

[quote]What is it with the Chopra clan that brings out the best in you?
The Chopra's have looked after me ever since I landed in Bombay. They are like a family to me. They've always stood besides me in my good and bad times. [/quote]

yeah they are nice, I've heard only Aman Verma has his own dressing/green room... other's have to share, and rohit was so jealous of this😆 but there was no reason to be jealous because it's all about who sells the show😳

[quote]Now that you have acquired the image of a bad man on TV, are you comfortable with it?
It's not about comfort. I'm happy to do different and challenging roles. Also, I got tired playing the same old innocent guy. As an actor, you have to test yourself by playing different characters.[/quote]

why it wont be comfortable, it's just an act, I think it should give an artist stisfaction😳
[quote]What can we expect in Viraasat in the coming days?
Well, if I were to tell you then you wouldn't watch it. Well, this is a daily soap. So, you never know there could be a major twist in the offing.  [/quote]

😆I'll still watch it if Rishab is there😉

[quote]Will Rahul Lamba (Rohit Roy) return to the fold?
I have no clue about it. This is something that director and Rohit will have to decide.[/quote]

yeah it's not his concern
[quote]Has Rohit Roy's ouster affected the script of the show?
I wouldn't comment on it. I think Rohit is the best person to answer it.[/quote]

😆I don't think so it affected, but wouldn't producers be the best people to ask, after all they keep the record of TRPs😳

[quote]Any interesting tales from the sets of Viraasat?
I don't know any tales but it's been a wonderful experience working with such brilliant actors. If I go wrong, they are always there to help me out. All of us get along well. [/quote]

I heard previously when rohit and priyanka pointed fingers at Aman Verma, Amar Upadhya supported him it's very sweet of him, thanks Amar😳

[quote]Any other shows in the offing?
Apart form Viraasat, I'm not doing anything else on TV. [/quote]

hmm, really missed you in indian idol, not watching it regularly either, my host is missing

[quote]What about films?
There's a Rohit Jugraj film, he's the one who directed James for Ram Gopal Verma. Kunal Khemu plays the lead role and I am the bad guy. We haven't decided on the title yet. [/quote]

oooh, he is not a good director, not from what ram gobal says, I have that dvd, it's a very dark film, and there are not much of good scenes, they don't go in sequance, and also this rohit jugraj has a habit of cutting face of the hero... it was like we can only see the girl and boy's body they don't have face on the top it's just got cut off😡

it's irritating,😡  and it's very dark all that rain fight, all rohit jugraj focused on showing effects, and body of the girl and boy, no face🤢

and no scenes sequance in the story, it's like no one talking no dialougs nothing, I wonder what sort of director would like to make his first film a disaster, seemed like some personal grudges or simply not talented enough... I didn't like the director rohit jugraj, but I hope it works for aman verma, as I wish him all good😳

[quote]Few years ago, you got involved in a scandalizing controversy? How has that changed you as a person?

It has made me stronger and helped me evolve as a person. Of course, that incident did have its negative points. Earlier, I trusted people easily. Now, I take care whenever I meet someone new. [/quote]

it's true you can not have everyone as your friend, these people are so double faced😡 but Salman Khan is your best friend😳and will always be best 
[quote]Any plans of marriage?
None, as I'm yet to find the right girl.[/quote]

😆 no don't get married so soon plz☺️

Edited by Kim_ - 16 years ago
somia thumbnail
wow nice interview.. thanks
and Kim your comments on each line is just fantastic 👏 👏 👏
I also feel that Rishab, I mean Aman Verma is way too capable of acting and Viraasat is showing only 5%-10% of it...
In the begining there was much more to do... but now it's going on a straight line...🤢
but of course, Aman is the only charm of the show 👏
I get so pissed of when some people judge the actor by just seeing the character on screen... 😡 they don't even know what's the difference between actor and character...
If Rishab is a villian, it doesn't mean that Aman is a bad guy... but actually its his performance which makes Rishab bad..
In fact, its Aman's performance which makes me love Rishab 😉
Well, I wish him all the best, and hope this character gets stronger by the time...
Kim_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: somia

wow nice interview.. thanks
and Kim your comments on each line is just fantastic 👏 👏 👏
I also feel that Rishab, I mean Aman Verma is way too capable of acting and Viraasat is showing only 5%-10% of it...
In the begining there was much more to do... but now it's going on a straight line...🤢
but of course, Aman is the only charm of the show 👏
I get so pissed of when some people judge the actor by just seeing the character on screen... 😡 they don't even know what's the difference between actor and character...
If Rishab is a villian, it doesn't mean that Aman is a bad guy... but actually its his performance which makes Rishab bad..
In fact, its Aman's performance which makes me love Rishab 😉
Well, I wish him all the best, and hope this character gets stronger by the time...

hehehe👏👏👏  thanks

and you are right I agree with you, lot of people don't know how to differntiate between actor and character,😆😆😆 silly people😆

and only Aman makes Rishab Charming😳

zaara 26 thumbnail
yes i agree with you.
aman is not like rishabh.
but i love both aman and rishabh.that is my view and as kim's and somia's i guess?
Kim_ thumbnail
yeah my view too 😳

I love rishab and aman both 🤗
zaara 26 thumbnail
hmmm...and not to forget anuuuuuuuu 😳
Kim_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaara 26