SRK's Statue at Grevin Museum,Paris

srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
SRK's Statue at Grevin Museum,Paris

Shah Rukh will be the only living Indian to be honoured with a statue at the famous museum in France

Mumbai: It was an evening of much chaos. Nobody paid much attention to either filmmaker Mani Ratnam or producer Bharat Shah, as all eyes were on actor Shah Rukh Khan making his first public appearance after a long holiday in London.

He didn't bring gifts for his fans, but good news he had in plenty.

"I don't know if I should be saying this or it should be announced later but France's Grevin Museum, like Madam Tussaud's museum in London, are going to put my statue, which is a big honour. I am supposedly the only living Indian who will be there," he said.

Lest we forget, the occasion marked the music release of the new devotional film Jai Jagannatha, which will release in 15 Indian languages.

For anyone who thinks the chain-smoking, booze-endorsing superstar doesn't make the ideal guest of honour at such an event, we'll leave it to Shah Rukh himself to surprise you with a side of his that few are familiar with.

"I say only one prayer but my kids say all," said Shah Rukh. Judging by his ever-growing popularity, clearly that prayer has reached the Lord's ears.

ibnlive.com

-------------------------------------------------
Shah Rukh's statue to be unveiled in Paris

He is the first Bollywood actor to have a statue at the French Graven Museum.
There's new honour for Shah Rukh Khan in the offing. The Bollywood Badshah will be the first Indian actor to find a place at the French Graven Museum in Paris. A statue of the actor is set to be installed at the museum soon. SRK admitted that he felt honoured. He is already cast in wax and standing at Madame Tussauds in London alongwith other Bollywood actors like Amitabh and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. And among his other recent honours is the Officier dans l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government for his prolific career and his contribution to the development of Indo-French cooperation in the field of cinema .

The French Graven Museum has statues of Salman Rushdie and writer and social activist Mahashweta Devi. SRK is busy shooting for his films in the city. Last week, while attending the premiere of the film Jai Jagannath, he escaped with a few bruises and scratches on his arms, after a glass door shattered due to the media frenzy over there.

Bharati Dubey,TNN

15 July, 2007 by virtualmagik

http://www.vluvshahrukh.com/news/1688/

Edited by love srk on 2007 July 16 at 7:26pm