DOTW: The Deathly Hallows!!!!

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Hullo guys! Its a new week...and one, I'm sure that is going to torture you like crazy..since all of us are waiting for the weekend..for Deathly Hallows!!!๐Ÿ˜‰

So then, looking as how, at the end of this week, we're getting the book which has enticed us for ages, I could not think of a better DOTW than:

The Deathly Hallows!

So, this is basically anything, anything at all(except the downrightly ludicrous and RIDDIKULUS) on Deathly Hallows. What exactly it might mean, what do you want it to mean, what your expectations from the book are, what do you think will happen, how you think it will end/how you want it to end, who do you think will die................ yadda yadda..blah blah blah...๐Ÿ˜‰

So...I'll start off the discussion with a few questions....

What acc. to you is/are the Deathly Hallows?? Are they like some link or connection b/w the normal living world and the other worldly spirits and ghosts, souls and the in betweens???

What significance do you think will the Veil from the Death Chamber in the Dept. of Mysteries have?

How and why do you think, did the Trio end up flying aboard a dragon?? What new danger are they fleeing from???
This is the cover from the deluxe edition of DH:

The UK cover shows the Trio in a Gringotts vault, all three of them in a fighting stance...What do you think, led up to this moment?

Aah...the Horcruxes......where are they hidden and what are the unknown Horcruxes? (--something of Ravenclaw and the last Horcrux which DD believes to be Nagini)

Do you believe any of them to be hidden at Hogwarts?

The US cover shows Harry and Voldemort(and others in faded shapes), in a Colloseum kinda structure...what do you make of this? Do you think that this is where the final battle might take place?

Do you think, this is where the Deathly Hallows (w/e they maybe) are situated?

Dumbledore...how will his mysteries open up? How much help will he be from the grave?

Aberforth Dumbledore...and his role in DH.

And we come to a very crucial plot-line in Deathly Hallows...Severus Snape....

Where do you think, lie his loyalties? With Voldemort, with the OotP, or something only for his own benefit?

How do you think will the characters fare in the last book?

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Ginny
Luna
Neville
Snape
Lupin
Mcgonagall
Arthur Weasley
Molly Weasley
Percy
Fred and George
Draco and Narcissa
Lucius
Bellatrix

(you can add in any that I missed!)

JKR has apparently told Helena Bonham Carter(person who played Bellatrix in OotP) that: Belatrix has a very crucial role in Deathly Hallows...What might be that role???

Sirius...and his impact on Harry and others??? How is his story arc going to be, since his death was so mysterious..

Lily Evans-Potter (yes I still like to call her that in memory of SWM๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) has been quite a mystery of sorts since the series first started.. Jo promised a big revelation about her....what do you think Lily's story will be?

There is a silver stag on the UK covers of DH; does it have anything to do with James? Or means that the Dementors will make a comeback?

What part will the house elves...Dobby and Kreacher play? There is a house elf on the UK cover, standing right behind Harry and holding a sword in his hand!

Those are all the questions  could think of, at the spur of the moment!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Do participate and add on to the questions!๐Ÿ˜‰

Thats it!

I bid you have a very Harry week and a very Harry discussion!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Post fast, as this topic will be closed on Friday night, on the eve of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Love,
Harshu, niyu, sam, manshi
HP DEV Team 
Edited by xMarauderx - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey bhagguuu thats one of the huuugest dotw topics i have seen from you jamesyyy it would take me ages to reply to all of the questions and i wana do justice to each one of them so would be back with my reply real sooon

awesme topic devily and it realy is the need of the hour considering just six days to go to DH ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
mellisai thumbnail

Great post!
*I will edit this post and then I will post the answers to the question. Busy.

SlytherinPrnces thumbnail
Hey, those are all great ?'s buht i would like to answer one ? which for me at least is the most important part of the last book...
"Aah...the Horcruxes......where are they hidden and what are the unknown Horcruxes? (--something of Ravenclaw and the last Horcrux which DD believes to be Nagini)"

Well the first horcrux is Salazar Slytherin's gold ring (which was the reason of Dumbledore's injured arm, another is the Tom Riddle's diary (which Harry demolished in the second book, Chamber of Secrets) the third and fourth hrocurx are guesses of mine because to me it seems that Lord Voldemort would use something that is significant to the wizardying world and Hogwarts, i think you all know what i am talking about Slytherin's locket and Hufflepuff's cup. The fith horcrux it anyone's guess but i beleive it is something of Rowana Ravenclaw,(this would make sense since the Dark Lord wanted somthing of the 4 founders of Hogwarts however that never happened due to the mere fact that anything that belonged to Godric Gryffindor is locked away in the Headmaster's office.)however i have any evidence that this could be it. Like Dumbledore and many other people I believe that the sixth horcrux is the Dark Lords faithful pet his snake Nagini. The Dark Lord has alot of control of Nagini so it makes sense that since he has that much control and he believes that this snake is his faithful pet who is always with him he would make the snake is horcrux. The final horcrux (keep in mind i belive that there are seven horcruxes he would have wanted to create seven because seven is the powerful number of the magical world.) However with this last horcrux i don't believe the Dark Lord inteded to do this. the nite the Dark Lord went to the Potter's residence, he had inteded to kill Harry Potter, because of the prophecy he heard, buht instead of killin him, in my opinion he made him into the seventh horcrux. Harry and the Dark Lord have a magical connection. Both can see into the others mind, they can feel each others emotions, however the Dark Lord has learned to control it by making Harry see wot voldemort wants him to see. (OOTP) Harry's scar is a very important piece of evidence in this, because what we know of the nite that the Dark Lord went to his house to kill him he used the "Avada Kedavra" spell which leaves no marks at all to the victim, so how in tarnations name did harry get a scar, Yes the curse was blocked but how would that leave a mark, there is no evidence that blockin curses can leave marks, and if they leave marks than from my knowledge of the latest book (HBP)snape should be filled with scars/marks because he blocked almost all of Harry's spells/curses after snape killed dumbledore.

Thats all i have to say...oh by the way this is a great topic to discuss!!!
SlytherinPrnces thumbnail
Oh i have one more thing to say (i know i am very opinionated!! so sorry!!)
buht i think that both harry and volemort will die because of my theory of harry being a horcrux.
please know i dnt want him to die but because of everything i wrote and if harry wants to kill/destroy voldmort at last then he must kill himself if he is the horcrux!!

***although i am praying he isnt the horcrux and that i have lost my mind!!! J.K cant kill Harry it just wont be rite!!!

~Angel~
Lady Black thumbnail
First of all, I'd like to thank the Dev Team for the wonderful discussion of the week! This is one of the best I've ever seen and the longest too!

What acc. to you is/are the Deathly Hallows?? Are they like some link or connection b/w the normal living world and the other worldly spirits and ghosts, souls and the in betweens???

Simple as the answer is, I think the deathly hallows is a reference to Godric's Hollow, where Harry's parents lived. That is probably the most over used answer, but I think it makes the most sense. Corny as it sounds, Harry's parents were killed on Halloween (Correct me if I'm wrong!)so maybe on Halloween there will be a connection from this world to the next.(Since there are many legends about Halloween itself already, J.K. would be just contributing to the fact that people find it spooky).

What significance do you think will the Veil from the Death Chamber in the Dept. of Mysteries have?

The veil which took my beloved Sirius from me, might be used to contact spirits or could give clues that the golden trio will use to defeat Lord Voldemort. I think that the veil(In the fifth book, only Harry and Luna could hear voices, just like they could only see the creatures which pulled the carriages..because only they had seen death) holds the echoes of people who have died and only if you had seen death of lost someone you can hear maybe their voice? Or voices. Voldemort has killed many and maybe one of them could give some information that could be useful to destroying him.

How and why do you think, did the Trio end up flying aboard a dragon?? What new danger are they fleeing from???

Knowing Ron and Hermione, whatever Harry puts himself in danger they will always follow and help him. I suspect the golden trio is not fleeing, but are seeking help (Maybe Viktor Krum? I heard he was appearing in the last book, so maybe he could be of help?) or going somewhere in style like the golden trio do quite often.

The UK cover shows the Trio in a Gringotts vault, all three of them in a fighting stance...What do you think, led up to this moment?

[COLOR=RED]Voldemort might have put his last horcrux in a place that nobody would think of, Gringotts bank! That is such an obvious and normal place to leave beloved possessions and no one would assume that good ol' Voldy would actually do something semi-normal! The account is probably under Tom Riddle, and the golden trio might be there to get it before him or fight him off. I have some feeling in the end, the Weasley's will end up rich because Voldemort might have a stash of gold and they will get it. Everybody wants them to be rich; they deserve it more than anybody.

~Lady Black~
Lady Black thumbnail

Aah...the Horcruxes......where are they hidden and what are the unknown Horcruxes? (--something of Ravenclaw and the last Horcrux which DD believes to be Nagini)

Harry I doubt is a horcrux, since Voldemort has tried to kill him enough times and why would he hurt himself? Killing a horcrux would just hurt him, although he really hates Harry! At the moment I can't think of anything that RavenClaw left at hogwarts or any place else, but Nagini might be a horcrux. Although being a snake (even though she is special!)killing her does not seem all that hard and Voldemort would not risk the death of one of his horcrux's that easily.

Yes, I think that Ravenclaw's could. Or another might have something to do with the Chamber of Secrets, since Tom Riddle liked to spend time down there.

The US cover shows Harry and Voldemort(and others in faded shapes); in a Colloseum kinda structure...what do you make of this? Do you think that this is where the final battle might take place?

Sounds like a grand place to have a final battle, there would be enough room for some pretty fancy magic to take place. Voldemort sounds like the sort of guy who would want to duel Harry(again, he liked the idea before so who knows?) and kill him in a noble way. Although nothing Voldemort does is noble, but maybe it would be a good way to justify it.

No, I'm still content with my idea of Godric's hollow or another dark and hollow place with trees. For some reason the deathly hollows might even be the veil!

Dumbledore...how will his mysteries open up? How much help will he be from the grave?

Dumbledore seemed to know a lot about what Tom Riddle was like and had a many theories on what Voldemort could or could not do, so I believe that Harry will seek anything out that would be of help. Like looking through his office sort of thing. Dumbledore might not be much help, but I think he probably left stuff for Harry to work on. If that does not work, the golden trio could always hold a sance! They might not find out what they want to know, but you always get handy information from those. Although I don't know if the magical world of Harry Potter is okay with those.

As Albus's brother and a member of the Order of the Phoenix, he probably will know or have information would help Harry in some way. I think Harry will seek him out, or he might come to fight Voldemort to help avenge his brother's death (which sounds like a good idea to me!).

Severus Snape was just acting on Dumbledore's orders and will pretend to be a death eater until the time is right. I think Harry will kill him and then Harry will learn that he was on their side all long.

Where do you think, lie his loyalties? With Voldemort, with the OotP, or something only for his own benefit?

I believe that Severus Snape is loyal to Dumbledore(maybe he is not, but I sure want him too!). Then again, he could be horribly evil and want power so he could take over the world and kill Voldemort. But that does not seem like something J.K. Rowling would write nor think up. Severus Snape is just a hurt person who either picked the side of good (for personally reasons) or is evil because he knows nothing else.

I think most of the characters will have a happy ending, boring as it is, this is still a children's series.

Harry- Will live until the end, (Dying does not seem like something J.K. would do to her beloved Harry.)kill Voldemort, marry Ginny and that would make him really Ron's brother! If they have a son, they might name him Sirius.
Ron- I think this is really his chance to shine as a character, by doing something very heroic and possibly dying for Harry. If he lives, then he will marry Hermione (all the fans are asking for it!).
Hermione- Hmmm, not special besides helping Harry save the world and ending up with Ron.
Ginny- If she is not killed during the big adventure, she will marry Harry.
Luna-Like Ron, Luna will have her chance to show that behind all that dreaming she is smart and can stand her ground. As for an ending, she might start her own newspaper or even take over her dad's and put some true news in it.
Neville- Will avenge his parents and if J.K. is in a really good mood, his parents might get cured. Killing Bellatrix is really dark, but she deserves it and he is actually brave and strong enough too.
Snape- If he lives(whether or not he is good or evil) I think he will have a tragic ending, that involves much suffering. Just maybe he might confess his un-dying love for Lily Evans(I'd be happy enough with that!) and then die. Although if he loved Lily, that would be a reason for protecting Harry and maybe he might die protecting him. Who knows?
Lupin- He is the last good marauder left, so I don't think he will die. Being a werewolf can't be cured(J.K. is not that nice) so he will marry Tonks(Ugh) and they will live on to produce multi-colored werepups!
Mcgonagall- If she does not die tragically, she will continue being the headmistress of Hogwarts until her death.
Arthur Weasley-He will get promoted(again)and his new job will involve dealing with muggles! That is what he truly wants, if not he will strike gold and become rich.
Molly Weasley-Will continue to raise her children and might have a romantic scene or two with Arthur.
Percy- If he is not punished for being a prig in the fifth book, he will continue at the ministry doing all perfect stuff he loves so much.
Fred and George-For some reason I don't think they will be in the book all that much, but they will continue to cause trouble and open more joke stores.
Draco and Narcissa- Narcissa will die for her beloved son Draco. Draco on the other hand, might be killed by the death eaters, if he is not he might end up insane or injured to the point where he is bed ridden forever.
Lucius-As a death eater, death or some other horrible fate will befall him.
Bellatrix-[CLOLR=RED] If Neville does not due her in, then Voldemort might sacrifice her for some horrible master plan of his to have ultimate power!
Peter- He will die protecting Harry. I always thought he would ever since the third book, when Harry did not let Remus and Sirius kill him. The whole "there is a bond between you" thing was heavily emphasized and I don't think that will go unnoticed.

JKR has apparently told Helena Bonham Carter(person who played Bellatrix in OotP) that: Belatrix has a very crucial role in Deathly Hallows...What might be that role???

Again I think that she might be killed by Neville(or anyone really) or get sacrificed by Voldemort since she is on of his most devoted servants.

Sirius...and his impact on Harry and others??? How is his story arc going to be, since his death was so mysterious..

That will probably be cleared up with the whole mystery of the Veil.(This is his last chance to return!! He has too!!) I believe Sirius's death was just contributing to the death's of the people who Harry held most dear to him. That would probably give him strength and a reason to kill Voldemort(not that he does not want to already).
Lily Evans-Potter (yes I still like to call her that in memory of SWM) has been quite a mystery of sorts since the series first started.. Jo promised a big revelation about her....what do you think Lily's story will be?
Hmm..the whole "You have your mother's eyes" theme will take part in the book, but besides that I think Harry will learn a lot about her as a person. Whatever this revelation is, I hope it is not one of those ugly shocks that are not fun to take in. Such as she was actually adopted or something which ruins the story.

There is a silver stag on the UK covers of DH; does it have anything to do with James? Or means that the Dementors will make a comeback?

Dementors seems more likely than James coming back, or maybe it could be an echo of James. That would make Harry very happy.

What part will the house elves...Dobby and Kreacher play? There is a house elf on the UK cover, standing right behind Harry and holding a sword in his hand!

Dobby would do anything to help Harry and know that Kreacher is forced to listen to Harry, I think he might try to betray him again.

~Lady Black~
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I always thought SPEW will be HUGE in the final battle, and the house elves will revolt, but I highly fdoubt it now. SPEW hasn't been mentioned at all in film 4 or film 5, and we know J.K. usually advises them what to put into the films.
premlvr1 thumbnail
I have a idea of what the horcrux might mean. I keep having dreams about Harry fighting Voldemort LOL. ๐Ÿ˜†
FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

๐Ÿ˜ณ

Originally posted by: xMarauderx

hey thats a real cool thought, honestly i never gave the term much thought but ya this make sense, i mean not only does the phrase implies the upcoming battle between voldemort and harry where now harry would have to face him all alone, without any dumbledore to look back at without any sirius to come to his rescue and moreover within a month's time even the ancient magic which dumbledore created for his protection would also seize to end..so harry now is in the utmost danger with no protection wat so ever all he has is his friends and his determination to win over this evil

also with dumbledore gone the whole wizarding world as such is looming under the deadly hallow of voldemort now hes fearless with no one to stop him he can leash unprecedented fear.....its and out and out situation of gloom where only those with real courage can survive it...and ya i would love to believe that deadly hallows mean some invisible conncetion between the dead and the living....maybe it might mean the mysteries behind the veil and sirius's mirror maybe it might mean that even though dumbledore's no more still help would be available to those who ask for it....๐Ÿ˜ณ ...it would be awesme to know that somewhere there is still dumbledore and sirius along with al those who died james lily and so many more looking down upon at harry and giving him the much needed moral support to get on with this battle.......

since the mysteries behind the veil stil remain unsolved am sure dh would enfold all of it i mean the whole thing itself is sooo strange how can a person just vanish inside it and never come back and how can only harry and loony here the voices from with in it does that again mean that only those who have seen and felt death can hear them?...as for sirius's death, yes i know its mysic but i feel that he realy is dead coz he was hit by the AK curse for which there is no counter curse, even dumbledore cldnt survive it, so according to me sirius is dead but stil the veil remains and hence there remains a chance that sirius might be able to help harry even though hes dead...coz even joe said that wizards have ways to get their voices heard even after death...m 

This is the cover from the deluxe edition of DH:

aah very difficult to predict but obviously it seems they are far away from hogwarts, maybe its the signal of the ultimate battle coming closer maybe they are fleeing away with the horcruxes dnt know just wage guesses๐Ÿ˜›

now thats the question of the week๐Ÿ˜ณ......he had two from slytherins one is the hufflepuf cup and its but natural that voldemort would hav also seaked some possessions of gryffindor and ravenclaw.....but throughout the series there hasnt been any mention of any unique items belonging to them, except maybe the griffendor's sword which harry took out from the sorting hat....but dubledore had said only a true griffy could have taken that out...and since voldemort was a slytherin i dnt think he possibly cld hav managed to take it out and actualy convert it into a horcrux..but on the other hand it might be possible that he actualy did made it a horcrux considering he had gained massive powers he might hav been able to hoodwink the hat,  as for nagini its a possibility that it might be a horcrux since thats the only one thing which voldemort is realy fond off....and wat more most of voldy's victims are actualyy nagini's prey, so maybe it realy has a part of his soul,

i personaly have some wage wage ideas of some other horcruxes, for sure i dont dont dooooooont belive that harry or his scar is a horcrux because voldemort himself perished by touching harry.. then  how on earthcould his very own soul reside with in harry without being destroyed?.....the power which lily's sacrifice created within harry would hav stood as a shield even for voldy's attempt to transfer a part of him into harry and besides that harry stayed in private drive for 11 years where voldy could not even think of touching him coz of dumbledore's magic hence i realy dont see a chance how his soul would have survived with in harry under al this portection...and moreover we are forgeting one very important thing, voldemort himself tried to possess harry at the end of OOTP but he couldnt stand the power of love and friendship and positivity that reverbarated within and around harry....when voldemort himself in his full form and power couldnt withstand to be within harry am sure a distorted fragment of his soul doesnt stand a chance at all.... 

and as for my wage ideas, i feel two things one is his wand, i dnt know if its posible or not but i feel its one of the best places to hide a fragment of himself as that wand is his identity hes nothing without it it defines his powers his existance and it is the reason why people fear the name Voldemort no one except maybe harry and dumbledore would hav dared to even touch that peice of wood which inflicted so much of terror and agony.......and the second might be the dark mark of a particular death eater who is fanatically faithful to him, some one like bella....a bit far fetched but just a thought๐Ÿ˜›

might be a possibility because even riddle's diary survived one whole year at hogwarts and if the chamber woud not hav been opened then the diary's secretes might not have evr been discovered coz dumbledore confirmed his guess about voldy making horcruxes only in harry's sixth year and soon after that he was killed, so maybe there might be certain priceless things which indeed do posses voldy's soul..my bet would lie on gryffindor's sword  which is sitl in hogwarts

The US cover shows Harry and Voldemort(and others in faded shapes), in a Colloseum kinda structure...what do you make of this? Do you think that this is where the final battle might take place?

nooo clue about this havnet even sceen the pic๐Ÿ˜‰ but somehow i feel that the final battle might as well be in hogwarts grounds voldy was always fasicnated by the castle and its hidden secrets its a store house of powerful magic and with dumbledore gone maybe voldy no longer fear coming there and would rather be pleased to finish off harry right under dumbledore's tomb....again far fetched๐Ÿ˜› 

no clue about that pic

now dis is realy one of the mysteries over which i have been pondering ever since finishing hbp, i personally realy liked the character sketch of snape coz he was all shown as evil yet he was shown to be on the good side as sirius had said once the world is not divided into good people and death eaters and snape was a livid example of this phrase and moreover maybe snape wasnt al that evil after all ok he was partial and biased towards his own house students but so what? many of us almost always think about ourselves and our glory before the bigger words of fareness and justice everybody cant be eutopic and ideal and moreover we find snape evil coz of his injustice towards harry but in that james had a big hand to play maybe snape would hav had a different attitude towards harry had he not been james's son....and we cant neglect the fact that despite his hatered snape did save harry's life and that too when dumbledore wasnt even aware of all this quirreli issue he might as wel have left harry to die but he didnt he saved him and also did his best to portect the ps....even in ootp he did go to padfoot's rescue instently on getting the news frm harry

but ofcorse hbp changed everything he actualy killed dumbledore its still hard to believe but its a fact wat is even worse that dumbledore trusted him so much , maybe this time dumbledore realy did make a mistake after all he was no perfection he very well could have gone wrong sometimes i just regret that one pleading look dumbledore had in his eyes before he was killed....i dont think he was pleading for his life, no ways he was obviously way too great to do that but maybe he was pleading to snape to reassure him that he hadnt committed such a big blunder by tusting snape , maybe at that point he realized that he indded had been wrong regarding him and he might hav regretted to defend him amidst al those people who had hinted snape couldn't be trusted.....i still dont know wat to make of it all wat i wish though is that snape truely is with the good side coz i feel nobody could hav put up a facade til so long infront of albus dumbledore..i mean when dumbledore could see through tom riddle then this is just snape... 

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Ginny
Luna
Neville
Snape
Lupin
Mcgonagall
Arthur Weasley
Molly Weasley
Percy
Fred and George
Draco and Narcissa
Lucius
Bellatrix

(you can add in any that I missed!)

Lily Evans-Potter (yes I still like to call her that in memory of SWM๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) has been quite a mystery of sorts since the series first started.. Jo promised a big revelation about her....what do you think Lily's story will be?

ps devily would finish the remaining qs by tom its too late tonight๐Ÿ˜›