Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

selvifanmsia thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Ok, I am new to this forum --- I did not even realize until today by chance that there was a Harry Potter forum. As an ardent HP fan I just knew I had to participate in this discussion. Don't worry, there are NO SPOILERS in my answers below. I have not answered some of the questions.
What acc. to you is/are the Deathly Hallows?? Are they like some link or connection b/w the normal living world and the other worldly spirits and ghosts, souls and the in betweens???
--- As pointed out previously in these pages, it would appear "Hallows" refers to relics of some sort. At first I thought it may be a reference to the Horcruxes but in retrospect I don't think so. "Deathly" would imply some sort of link to the concept of life and death (bringing dead people back to life? But Dumbledore said that's impossible, right? Unless they have previously made Horcruxes? Maybe Voldemort needs these Hallows to complete some ritual that grants him absolute immortality?)

What significance do you think will the Veil from the Death Chamber in the Dept. of Mysteries have?
-- I don't think JKR would simply introduce something like the Veil of Death without expecting to use it further. I think there is something on the other side of the veil (possibly some communication to the dead) and Harry will journey to the other side (literally?)

How and why do you think, did the Trio end up flying aboard a dragon?? What new danger are they fleeing from???
--- Are we sure they are fleeing? Maybe the dragon happened to be the most convenient transport on their quest to find the Horcruxes. They don't seem to be being pursued in the cover image, but of course it's possible their pursuers were left out of the drawing by the artist.

The UK cover shows the Trio in a Gringotts vault, all three of them in a fighting stance...What do you think, led up to this moment?
--- Until I read this question I didn't know it was a Gringotts vault on the cover. I just thought it was some treasure trove where Voldemort hid his Horcrux. If it is indeed Gringotts, the first thing I can think of is Harry's parents having a vault there. Since Harry made plans at the end of HBP to visit Godric's Hollow, maybe when he did he found some clue that led him back to his parent's bank vault. And while the trio were there, they were ambushed by the Dark Lord's followers.

Aah...the Horcruxes......where are they hidden and what are the unknown Horcruxes? (--something of Ravenclaw and the last Horcrux which DD believes to be Nagini)
---I seriously have no clue. I did have the feeling the Slytherin locket Horcrux was the one in 12 Grimmauld Place. But then the UK adult cover shows a locket with an emerald-studded design on it, whereas the locket in 12 Grimmauld Place was plain and unmarked. Okay, maybe it was a simple coverup. That's the only thing I can think of. As for the other 2 Horcruxes, I am quite sure Harry has come across them somewhere before. I just don't know when and where.

Do you believe any of them to be hidden at Hogwarts?
--- Hmmm .... it was speculated that Voldemort considered Hogwarts as his second home and may well have hidden some Horcrux there. The fact that Harry returns to Hogwarts when he is not studying there would imply some other reason for this return ... maybe to hunt out the remaining Horcruxes?

The US cover shows Harry and Voldemort(and others in faded shapes), in a Colloseum kinda structure...what do you make of this? Do you think that this is where the final battle might take place?
--- Yes I think it will be the final confrontation. I thought at first the place might be a Quidditch stadium? But then again since the war has spread to the Muggle world as well as the magical world, it may well be the real Colloseum in Rome!

Do you think, this is where the Deathly Hallows (w/e they maybe) are situated?
No, I don't think it would be that simple. I think it's just the place of final confrontation.

Dumbledore...how will his mysteries open up? How much help will he be from the grave?
--- It's the next question that answers this one.  I think the key to Dumbledore's past will be found out from his brother Aberforth in Hogsmeade. I think/hope Dumbledore will continue to be Harry's mentor from beyond the grave. JKR said Dumbledore's gleam of triumph in GOF is enormously significant. When I read that book, it immediately struck me - why is Dumbledore seemingly happy that Voldemort is now protected from Lily's protection in Harry's blood?

Aberforth Dumbledore...and his role in DH.
--- see above.
And we come to a very crucial plot-line in Deathly Hallows...Severus Snape....
Where do you think, lie his loyalties? With Voldemort, with the OotP, or something only for his own benefit?
--- I think there will be a major twist here. Snape is not loyal to Voldemort. The final plea of Dumbledore to Snape in HBP was suspect. I think Dumbledore would never, NEVER beg for his life like that. I think it's possible he was instructing Snape to kill him.

How do you think will the characters fare in the last book?

Harry  ---- please don't die! But I have the awful feeling he will.
Ron --- die! I don't care. Then Harry & Hermione can get together. But I don't think he will.
Hermione --- MUST not die. But JKR's crying when she killed off those last 2 characters makes me worry. JKR said Hermione was based on herself.
Ginny --- I actually want her to die, because as I said above, Harry & Hermione should be together. I think there is a fair chance she will die.
Luna - No, I love her character and she is not allowed to die, LOL. I don't think she is important enough to be killed off, but who knows?
Neville - hmm ... JKR said he has no role in the prophecy any more, but he may become a casualty of war, fighting for the OOTP to revenge his parents.
Snape - I don't really mind if he dies. The question is - will he perform the ultimate sacrifice to save Harry?
Lupin - he might die too.
McGonagall - no way! She needs to be the next Hogwarts headmistress.
Arthur, Molly, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred and George Weasley
- I think there will be losses in the Weasley family, I just don't know who will die.
Malfoy family - I think Draco survives. Narcissa also, but Lucius will die.
Bellatrix - definitely dies ... she has to be killed because she is pure evil.

JKR has apparently told Helena Bonham Carter(person who played Bellatrix in OotP) that: Belatrix has a very crucial role in Deathly Hallows...What might be that role???
--- Assisting Voldemort to kill Harry or stop him from completing his quest to find the Horcruxes.

Sirius...and his impact on Harry and others??? How is his story arc going to be, since his death was so mysterious..
--- Sirius is definitely dead, but I think Harry may yet find a way of contacting him through the Veil of Death in the Dept. of Mysteries. I don't think he can use the mirror since they left it out of the OOTP movie.

Lily Evans-Potter has been quite a mystery of sorts since the series first started.. Jo promised a big revelation about her....what do you think Lily's story will be?
--- Thank God Harry resembles James, for a moment there with her having a soft spot for Snape I thought they might reveal Harry is really Snape's childπŸ˜† Definitely there is a big mystery, I think it is Petunia who will reveal this.  Remember she has been having correspondence with Dumbledore which no one else knows about and she knows some other info about the magical world.

There is a silver stag on the UK covers of DH; does it have anything to do with James? Or means that the Dementors will make a comeback?
--- I think it's the Patronus against the Dementors; Harry will have to fight them off since they joined forces with Voldemort.

What part will the house elves...Dobby and Kreacher play? There is a house elf on the UK cover, standing right behind Harry and holding a sword in his hand!
--- Dobby will help Harry; he may be the elf with the sword. Kreacher has an important role, since JKR told the movie producers of OOTP not to leave him out of the movie because they would regret it when they reach the DH movie. I think Kreacher will (whether willingly or unwittingly) help Harry find the Horcrux in possession of Regulus Black (I'm sure he is R.A.B, although I'm a bit disconcerted since they never even mentioned or showed Regulus clearly on the Black family tree in the OOTP movie)

FINALLY
I am adding a couple of questions:
1) JKR has said an unexpected person will be able perform magic in this final instalment. Who do you think this is and what circumstances lead to this?

2) Do you think Bill and Fleur's wedding will go off without a hitch and what happens to them at the end of DH?

That's it folks. Hope to get your answers in before the topic closes and then I'll join you on July 22nd in the discussion of the book!
Rgds, S.C.
prajakta567 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

And we come to a very crucial plot-line in Deathly Hallows...Severus Snape....

i am 100% sure tht Severus Snape is Dumbledore' man through n through.thr r several reasons..n d main reason behind me saying tis because i blive in Albus Dumbledore..n hez not foolish enough to trust him without strong reasons......so as my Siggy n Avi says.....

I trust Severus Snape 😳😳

i really do πŸ˜†

Where do you think, lie his loyalties? With Voldemort, with the OotP, or something only for his own benefit?
With Dumbledore....

How do you think will the characters fare in the last book?

Harry  ---- ll survive
Ron --- want him to survive..though not sure
Hermione --- same as above
Ginny --- ll survive
Luna - my favourite character..ll survive
Neville - hez damn cute ya..comeon he has to live
Snape - a big Question Mark ?but i think he ll die 99% n Voldemort ll do the honours i think
Lupin - he might die too. so tht wud be the end of all the MARAUDERS..

FINALLY
I am adding a couple of questions:
1) JKR has said an unexpected person will be able perform magic in this final instalment. Who do you think this is and what circumstances lead to this? tht wud be DUDLEY

2) Do you think Bill and Fleur's wedding will go off without a hitch and what happens to them at the end of DH? cant say nething

That's it folks. Hope to get your answers in before the topic closes and then I'll join you on July 22nd in the discussion of the book!
Rgds, S.C.

nice discussion..but ve skipped quite a few.....ALL the Best guys......NJOY reading .....only 11 n half hours to go

Edited by prajakta567 - 16 years ago
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the participation guys! Topic closed now as all such discussion will be stopped as everyone will be too absorbed into reading the last book to come on and post!