How should India handle Pakistan?

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I'll post my views later, in the meantime please watch this interesting debate (NDTV) on the same topic.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videos.aspx?id=14980

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swar_Raj thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

I'll post my views later, in the meantime please watch this interesting debate (NDTV) on the same topic.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videos.aspx?id=14980

Poor Hameed 😆😆 becharra kitna hakla gayya hai answer karte hue 😆

Great link Dips and wonderful debate 👏👏

Pakistan for sure is paying for its deeds. I am so happy that it happend there and not in masjid here or else activist would have supported terrorism again.

I also strongly believe that general public of Pakistan realizes the drawbacks of creating such monsters in the name of jihads and may be change will come

sareg thumbnail
how should India handle Pakistan

Aid Bulochi's 😉
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

whatever.... India and Pakistan should understand  their economic and social situations and understand the similarities in culture ,poverty and terrorism.....

They need to go ahead with their peace process!! At the end peace is the only solution!!!!

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

whatever.... India and Pakistan should understand  their economic and social situations and understand the similarities in culture ,poverty and terrorism.....

Except Terrorism, they are now getting a taste of their own medicine. But that does not mean that they have or will abondon their "bleed India throught thousand cuts" strategy. The rulers of Pakistan have this long cherished dream of weakening and dividing India. J & K has become a "gale ki haddi" for them, they know that they can not get even an inch from us but they can't stop claiming J & K as their as they have invested too much in it. But that is their problem, and the only solution we could possibly think about is to convert LoC into IB.

They need to go ahead with their peace process!! At the end peace is the only solution!!!!

We should not give an impression that the peace process in everything for us, that it is indispensible for us or that we are too eager for peace. Yes, we want peace but at our own terms. They can't expect a "fair" deal from us, afterall they have to be "rewarded" from whatever "good" work they have done in India. They must be made to understand that being the biggest power here in subcontinent, we will use it to our advantage (IIRC Chankya called it Koot-Neeti).

mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

peace is the only solution your right BUT is it attainable?  i don't thinkso. 

chatbuster thumbnail

how do you make "real" peace with someone who wants a piece of your land, who keeps coming up with new problems all the time, who reneges on old promises such as those in the Simla agreement, who loses but does not give up, who harbors a kargil in their hearts while they are toasting you, who couldn't have thought too highly of you else they would not have bothered with a separate state? by giving them all they want?😛

meanwhile, how about allowing friendly getsures to take place but being on constant guard all the time? and how about being a little less predictable? when you are too predictable, the other side can figure out and plan for your responses.😉

Peace is unfeasible unless one thinks of letting go. But even in that situation the problem is not simple. Religious fanaticism has spread like Cancer and there is no cure.

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

how do you make "real" peace with someone who wants a piece of your land, who keeps coming up with new problems all the time, who reneges on old promises such as those in the Simla agreement, who loses but does not give up, who harbors a kargil in their hearts while they are toasting you, who couldn't have thought too highly of you else they would not have bothered with a separate state? by giving them all they want?😛

meanwhile, how about allowing friendly getsures to take place but being on constant guard all the time? and how about being a little less predictable? when you are too predictable, the other side can figure out and plan for your responses.😉

Right said CB.. I think every changing admn will possibly bring a better chance for peace.... for a change if a totaly non-military guy comes to power terrorism might reduce as well...

Modesty thumbnail
I saw this debate few days back on TV. I was surprised to see a mellowed Hamid Mir. I wondered if he was the same man who used to spit venom at my country and used to praise the terrorists trained in Madarassas and call them boys/freedom fighters.

They say "what goes around, comes around". This is precisely what's happening with our neighbor.   

They say we are buying time to resolve the issues however tis the other way round. They are already embroiled in their own problems.

We should be vary of Gen. Musharraf. For me he's synonymous with Kargil misadventure. We should not trust him blindly. He's the one to be blamed for the matyrdom of our brave soldiers. How can we forget Saurabh Kaalia, Hanifuddin, Vijayant Thapar et al, all bright young army officers?

We should wait for Pakistan to evolve into some kinda of democratic political system and then talk with them. Gen. Musharraf is just another dictator.