Taj Mahal - Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Taj among new 7 wonders of the world
8 Jul 2007, 0038 hrs IST,PTI

NEW DELHI: The Taj Mahal, regarded as one of the most beautiful monuments, was on Saturday night voted in a global poll as one of the new seven wonders of the world.

Officials of the I Media Corp, the Indian representative of 'New7wonders of the World', claimed that they got the information about the Mughal marvel getting into the list from the Swiss organisation which organised the worldwide campaign.

The official declaration of the new seven wonders of the world will be done in Lisbon at 1:45 a.m. (IST on Sunday).

Asked about the number of votes cast in favour of Taj, 'the monument of love', the I Media Corp officials said that they have no information regarding this.

"Information like the number of votes polled in favour of Taj and the other selected monuments will be available only after the official declaration," they said.

The worldwide poll, in which people could vote for their favourite monument either on-line or through SMS, was conducted by the New 7 Wonders Foundation, a Swiss non-profit group.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Taj_among_new_7_wonders_o %20f_the_world/articleshow/2185241.cms

Mods plz don't close this topic...

Posted: 16 years ago
Thanks for posting it but our Admin Vijay has already posted it so i am closing the topic

-Pari 😳
--Topic Closed--