Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorpiongal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
lo scorpion aa gayaa sannatta dur karne.... πŸ˜†

DHANYAVAAD...VINNU BHAI.. 😊
after ur big bundle of excuses on last page....i m quite happy to see ur pink-pink description of the show. πŸ‘ πŸ‘
so..sh'd i paste it one first page. 😊

btw..tell me ...how did u see my shakal on net????????? πŸ˜†
vinnu-gaurav thumbnail
ARREY ....
YEHI TO BAAT HAI!!
HASNE LAYAK EXPRESSION THA KI NAHIN AAPKA??
vinnu-gaurav thumbnail
You'll develop a crush of your own---

Bombay Crush

December 6, 2005

By Debashine Thangevelo

Who: Gaurav Chopra, Kajal Bhagwandeen, Vaibhav Joshi, Waseem Shaik, Rajiv Mothi, Ebrahim Medell
Where: iZulu Theatre, Sibaya
When: Currently showing until mid-January on Tuesdays to Saturdays at 7.30pm; Sundays at 3pm. Tickets cost R95. Book through Computicket

That well-worn clich – "time flies when you are having fun" – couldn't be more appropriate for the lavishly-budgeted Bollywood-style musical Bombay Crush.

For two hours, the audience is left spellbound by the visually-stimulating, high-energy musical intertwined with melodrama. When theatregoers aren't in fits of laughter, their heads are bobbing to the infectious beats of contemporary Bollywood tunes – Main Hoon Na, Yeh Dil, Bunty Aur Babli, Nache Baliye and Salaam Namaste.

The love story at the heart of the musical is that of Salman Ahmed (Gaurav Chopra) and Minal Singh (Kajal Bhagwandeen). The village of Rander, India is where the tale begins. Birbal Singh (Rajesh's father) decides to send his son to Durban in an effort to tear him away from his love interest Yasmin, a Muslim.

However, Rajesh (Rajiv Mothie) refuses to abide by his father's wish and gets his friend Salman to go in his place instead.

When "Rajesh" arrives at Durban International, he is warmly greeted by his hosts Vinod (Vhaibav Joshi) and Geeta Singh (Jacqu du Toit). However, while Rajesh is smitten by the sight of their striking daughter Minal, she is not impressed by the village bumpkin and gives him the cold shoulder   

In true Bollywood-fashion, they later fall in love but Minal's college buddy Pravesh (Waseem Shaikh) is not impressed with the budding romance and, sensing all is not what it seems with Rajesh, sets out to do a bit of snooping.

How Rajesh/Salman deals with the consequences of this deception forms the backdrop of the riveting climax. Bombay Crush is a polished offering and writer-director Junaid Ahmed manages to keep a strong Bollywood masala flavour while Africanising the production.

Ahmed's funny side filters through strongly in the dialogue maintaining a light-weight balance between music and melodrama. The colourful costumes are exquisite.

Jay Pather's choreography ensures fluid and flawless dance scenes. The dancers, too many to name, deserve to be applauded for their laborious efforts that make the dance scenes seem so effortless.

The lead actors, Chopra and Bhagwandeen, are endearing in their respective roles; ditto for the "bad guy" Shaikh, Joshi as the father and Mothie as the lovesick son.

With all these elements integrated with the splendid set, featuring exciting live video footage of Africa in the backdrop, as well as designed theme shots, Bombay Crush is pure, indulgent escapism.

This is an article form tonight.co.za about the Blockbuster musical BOMBAY CRUSH he did in South Africa! I read that he was such a super duper hit with Southafrican audience that he was invited for several fashion Weeks, Bridal Shows etc as a special CELEBRITY for walking RAMP. Edited by vinnu-gaurav - 16 years ago
spian thumbnail

Originally posted by: gulrani

Hello Gaurav... nice to see your post of welcome again in our new Fanclub3 😊 ....along with Vinnu, please remember also one of our new member LIRH (SPIAN)added to our list and she is one of your true fan too and btw she is fantastic with her write ups πŸ‘ πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you so much at least youπŸ€— remembered me😭 unlike Gaurav😈Chopraa😑😑. I am really upsetπŸ˜’.Thanks for the compliment too😳.

pssst the siggy wld be removed unless my name is added.

Edited by spian - 16 years ago
spian thumbnail

BTW....Did anybody watch today s LRL show  ?😊  Looks like it s an interesting episode , due to the match and Gaurav s screen presence...I am still waiting for the video but read the write ups ...πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰...Hey Lirh , Shweta and Vinnu (Vipin) one of you can you come up with your detailed analysis ....please ?😊   Until Shvetal comes back , can someone do the needful ...πŸ˜ƒ...Please , all of you wake up , darlings...😳😳

Sorry Shabnam, havent been able to watch the episodes due to work and came to abt the infuriating track 🀒going on its tough u know. Lets see Mon I will try just for u.

vinnu-gaurav thumbnail

Originally posted by: spian

Thank you so much at least youπŸ€— remembered me😭 unlike Gaurav😈Chopraa😑😑. I am really upsetπŸ˜’.Thanks for the compliment too😳.

Na na na ......

Please dont be jealous of me ( he ..he.. Im so happy)

Anyway, just joking!!

Probably Gavrau Bhai remembered me only becoz I am the newest member and he must ve already been used to ur posts and didnt realise u were new too!! But i hope he still reads this & realises his mistake!! 

gulrani thumbnail

Originally posted by: spian

You most welcome Lirh😊...Dun loose hope dear...next time it may be your turn πŸ˜‰...Apne Gaurav Jee bade dilwale hein , woh kisiko nahin bhoolte ...😳 ...See he is been with us since Adhm time and never forgotten us , that s a big honour for his fans ,his close friends πŸ‘πŸ˜³....so be happy darling and don t remove any siggy yaarπŸ˜†πŸ˜†, hey darling, I hope you are not a kid?πŸ˜‰....Also , we wouldn t like  to see Mahira the Siggywali to be sad ...πŸ˜›πŸ˜•...keep smiling dear....πŸ˜ƒ

gulrani thumbnail

Originally posted by: jojo_100

oho shabnam mein ghalib ki sari shairi kaise use kar sakti hoon ...kyunke mujhe siwai kuch shero ki , chacha ji ki  baqi shayari  samajh hi nahi aati 😳....unke aksar sher mere sar ke uuper se guzar jaate hain πŸ€”

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....  Achha Jojoji,  abhi kuch kuch baat samajh mein arahi  hai  ...issliye tumne doosra ghar shero shairi ki dhoondli  hai ....badi siani ho tumπŸ˜›...  Achha  to tum aaj , kahan gayab ho? πŸ˜• Aur, ye Maria bhi kahan gayab hogayi hai aaj kaal ?   5 din hogaya,  Maria nazar nahin ayee, kyon ?...., kya tum apne  birthday mein  chehra dikhao gi kya  ?😭 yaar , aap log bhi bahut nakhre baaz hogaye ho πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜”...

jojo_100 thumbnail

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....  Achha Jojoji,  abhi kuch kuch baat samajh mein arahi  hai  ...issliye tumne doosra ghar shero shairi ki dhoondli  hai ....badi siani ho tumπŸ˜›...  Achha  to tum aaj , kahan gayab ho? πŸ˜•

ghayab kahan ? ...think of the devil aur devil haazir hai πŸ˜‰...actually i was on my weekly picture hunt😳 ...kuch taza maal haath laga hai ...will post them tomorrow...

ok..shabnam...bye..ab devil sone ja raha hai..DO NOT DISTURBπŸ˜†

jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinnu-gaurav

This is from an Article in MID-DAY!! Though I dont remember much.....All i can recall was that he did look very suave.... all other characters looked very servantish and this character RULED over them... though he joined mid way in the serial!!! πŸ˜† Also Kabeer who had married only for wealth, was not in love with his wife.......TOO SAD COS SHE WAS REALLY PRETTY.... 😭 ....he loved another middle class...VERY AVERAGE LOOKING GIRL.. 😑 ..... He tries to manipulate, cheat exploit everyone in a way so that he can get rid of his wife....YET KEEP THE MONEY... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ .. (How very Convenient) and marry the Girlfreind!! But justice prevailed and Kabeer realises, repents ( U Know how Gaurav does this part....the typical..BIG B- Kaala Pathar!) and IN....THE....LAST...EPISODE.... ALL THREE CHARACTERS INCLUDING APNA Bhai ...Are dressed up as BRIDE GROOMS>.....ha. πŸ˜ƒ .ha.. To have a combined wedding......Under ONE PANDAAL!!! Best part is Gaurav marries his already married wife becoz he feels his marriage earler was not from his heart.. 😳 ...SO.....he marries her again!!! ( phew!!!)
πŸ‘
THANKS FOR THE APPLAUSE GUYS!!!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ....isse kehte hain apne muun miyan mithoo hona πŸ˜†....khud hi likha khud hi taliyaan πŸ˜•....... waise miyan mithoo-ji ooops vinnu-ji thanks for the article and the KHKN summary πŸ‘πŸ‘ ....sounds interesting.....ab to ye bhi dekhna hoga, along with Shhh Koi hai aka werewolf ...waise aage se πŸ‘ khud na bajayein , apki behnein hain na πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†