scorpiongal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: vinnu-gaurav

You'll develop a crush of your own---

Bombay Crush

December 6, 2005

By Debashine Thangevelo

Who: Gaurav Chopra, Kajal Bhagwandeen, Vaibhav Joshi, Waseem Shaik, Rajiv Mothi, Ebrahim Medell
Where: iZulu Theatre, Sibaya
When: Currently showing until mid-January on Tuesdays to Saturdays at 7.30pm; Sundays at 3pm. Tickets cost R95. Book through Computicket

That well-worn clich – "time flies when you are having fun" – couldn't be more appropriate for the lavishly-budgeted Bollywood-style musical Bombay Crush.

For two hours, the audience is left spellbound by the visually-stimulating, high-energy musical intertwined with melodrama. When theatregoers aren't in fits of laughter, their heads are bobbing to the infectious beats of contemporary Bollywood tunes – Main Hoon Na, Yeh Dil, Bunty Aur Babli, Nache Baliye and Salaam Namaste.

The love story at the heart of the musical is that of Salman Ahmed (Gaurav Chopra) and Minal Singh (Kajal Bhagwandeen). The village of Rander, India is where the tale begins. Birbal Singh (Rajesh's father) decides to send his son to Durban in an effort to tear him away from his love interest Yasmin, a Muslim.

However, Rajesh (Rajiv Mothie) refuses to abide by his father's wish and gets his friend Salman to go in his place instead.

When "Rajesh" arrives at Durban International, he is warmly greeted by his hosts Vinod (Vhaibav Joshi) and Geeta Singh (Jacqu du Toit). However, while Rajesh is smitten by the sight of their striking daughter Minal, she is not impressed by the village bumpkin and gives him the cold shoulder   

In true Bollywood-fashion, they later fall in love but Minal's college buddy Pravesh (Waseem Shaikh) is not impressed with the budding romance and, sensing all is not what it seems with Rajesh, sets out to do a bit of snooping.

How Rajesh/Salman deals with the consequences of this deception forms the backdrop of the riveting climax. Bombay Crush is a polished offering and writer-director Junaid Ahmed manages to keep a strong Bollywood masala flavour while Africanising the production.

Ahmed's funny side filters through strongly in the dialogue maintaining a light-weight balance between music and melodrama. The colourful costumes are exquisite.

Jay Pather's choreography ensures fluid and flawless dance scenes. The dancers, too many to name, deserve to be applauded for their laborious efforts that make the dance scenes seem so effortless.

The lead actors, Chopra and Bhagwandeen, are endearing in their respective roles; ditto for the "bad guy" Shaikh, Joshi as the father and Mothie as the lovesick son.

With all these elements integrated with the splendid set, featuring exciting live video footage of Africa in the backdrop, as well as designed theme shots, Bombay Crush is pure, indulgent escapism.

This is an article form tonight.co.za about the Blockbuster musical BOMBAY CRUSH he did in South Africa! I read that he was such a super duper hit with Southafrican audience that he was invited for several fashion Weeks, Bridal Shows etc as a special CELEBRITY for walking RAMP.

thank you.soooooooooooooooooooooo much vinnu for this article. i had always heard abt this show but i never knew what actually it was ? thanks a lot.... but are there any videos available.??? if yes..plz someone can provide the link. 😊
scorpiongal thumbnail
guys...maria has just sent me her write up for gaurav. she was not able to send earlier cuz she was not able to come here due to some problems..but will soon be here... 😊

i m pasting that below the write up's of jojo & immi..plz go & read.... 😊
soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gulrani

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....  Achha Jojoji,  abhi kuch kuch baat samajh mein arahi  hai  ...issliye tumne doosra ghar shero shairi ki dhoondli  hai ....badi siani ho tumπŸ˜›...  Achha  to tum aaj , kahan gayab ho? πŸ˜• Aur, ye Maria bhi kahan gayab hogayi hai aaj kaal ?   5 din hogaya,  Maria nazar nahin ayee, kyon ?...., kya tum apne  birthday mein  chehra dikhao gi kya  ?😭 yaar , aap log bhi bahut nakhre baaz hogaye ho πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜”...

Hello Shabnam darling kabhi kabhi ghalati sey mujhey bhi yaad ker liya kero...Mana key mujh sey buhut duur Canada main bethi ho magar iska yeh matlab nahin keh apni behen ko bhuul hi jao 😊 tumko hum nakhrey baaz lagtey hain.............aw!!!! so sweet ..I agree Maria ghayab ho gayi, Shvetal tour per nikal gayi, Teena shayad London ki sair ko nikal gayi hai or Jojo dear tumko kabsey Ghalib key shair samajh nahin aatey? Adhm key dinon main to tum khub quote kertein theen Ghalib ko....😊 I miss those days.... Anyways Jojo will look forward to your taaza hunt results...😊

jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpiongal

thank you.soooooooooooooooooooooo much vinnu for this article. i had always heard abt this show but i never knew what actually it was ? thanks a lot.... but are there any videos available.??? if yes..plz someone can provide the link. 😊

sorry can't provide the link...but can give you a glimpse of that showπŸ˜‰

.....some scenes from 'Bombay Crush''

..enjoy 😊

jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinnu-gaurav

This is an article form tonight.co.za about the Blockbuster musical BOMBAY CRUSH he did in South Africa! I read that he was such a super duper hit with Southafrican audience that he was invited for several fashion Weeks, Bridal Shows etc as a special CELEBRITY for walking RAMP.

haan vinnu bhai he was invited...here are some pic of model Gavrau Chopraaaa...sporting some stylish banyaaaansπŸ˜†

ENJOY...πŸ˜ƒ

jojo_100 thumbnail

.....Narayani ⭐️😊 ...and...  gavrau 😑😑....at manev goyal wedding

26 december 2006 B.C ...jab taza taza 'Dosti'  hoi  c...o v  kee din c 

aur ab dosti  bhi nahi 😭...( o v kee din c=wo bhi kya din thay)

...it  was the first function , they attended together as a couple ...

Edited by jojo_100 - 16 years ago
jojo_100 thumbnail

...........22 june 2007  A.D....  some taza pic of  Narayani dd 😳

...looking gorgeousπŸ‘πŸΌ.....9/10 πŸ‘...should have given her 10,lekin jooteπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

..ye hansta muskurata chehra does'nt seem to be of someone who has been dumped by her longtime boyfriend...maybe they have'nt broken up 😍...

...12 june 2007...Dumping expert gavrau chopra πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†,at the premiere of 'fantastic four'' ...in his 'famous' pink shirt , white trouser ,brown joote πŸ˜† ...

Kaash mein gavrau bhai chuhan ke liye ye shair padh sakti πŸ˜‰

ab kyun udaas phirtay ho ,sardiyon ki shaamo mein

iss  tarah to  hota  hai , iss tarah  ke  kaamo mein ...

par problem ye hai ,ke na to mr dumping chopra udaas hai πŸ˜•, aur na hi ajkal sardiyaan hainπŸ˜†... chalo khair aap log shair ka maza le lo πŸ˜›

Edited by jojo_100 - 16 years ago
scorpiongal thumbnail
jojo...Gaurav ke fanclub mein Gaurav ki bashing???????????////😑

YEH SAARE KE SAARE MODERATORS KAHAN CHALE GAYEY.....πŸ˜•πŸ˜•.

& WHY U R AFTER MY PRINCE CHARMING???????? 😭😭HOW DO U KNOW THAT HE DUMPED HER?πŸ˜• IT MAY BE A SPLIT WITH MUTUAL CONSENT????  πŸ˜‰
gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hi guys im back πŸ˜ƒ ab ap sab pocho gae k main thi kaha to wo kya hai na karachi me heavy rain hone ki waja se mera net band ho gaya tha ur aj fix hoa to aa gai par aik baat hai main ne aap sab ko bohat miss kiya love u all πŸ€—
jojo_100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gr8_mms

hi guys im back πŸ˜ƒ ab ap sab pocho gae k main thi kaha to wo kya hai na karachi me heavy rain hone ki waja se mera net band ho gaya tha ur aj fix hoa to aa gai par aik baat hai main ne aap sab ko bohat miss kiya love u all πŸ€—

shukar hai tum aa gayiπŸ˜ƒ...love you too πŸ€—πŸ€—...achcha to ab ki bar comp ki tabiyat nahi bigri...balke net hi mar gaya tha πŸ˜†