Posted: 16 years ago

Not Ms Congeniality?

Woh Rehne Wali... actors are unhappy with co-star Shagufta Ali

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, June 14, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Sandipan Dalal

(l-r) Reena Kapoor with Shagufta Ali in Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki

Recently, when cast and crew members of Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki celebrated the completion of 500 episodes, Shagufta Ali (who plays Daani ma) was missing in action. We are told that the actress is not very popular on the sets of the show. Moreover, the lead pair, Aamir Ali (Saumya) and Reena Kapoor (Pari), hardly exchanges any greetings with her. Says our source, "Shagufta doesn't get along with others on the sets. They simply enact their scenes and then hit their vanity vans."

According to the buzz on the sets, Reena and Shagufta had differences in the past while doing a certain scene. Eventually, they started avoiding each other. Ask Reena about it and she says, "It's just that you are 'friendly' with a few colleagues and you are 'not so friendly' with a few at the same time. Shagufta belongs to the latter category. I prefer to maintain a strictly professional relationship with her."

Aamir Ali
Aamir Ali who joined the show much later couldn't befriend Shagufta. Says our source, "Shagufta is a senior actress but she has the habit of nagging people around. Obviously, it has not gone down well with other actors." Aamir, however, continues to be diplomatic as he says, "I have no problems with anyone on the sets." 

When quizzed about it Shagufta says, "I come with an experience of 23 years. All other actors on the set are my juniors. Why should I have problems with them? As for my absence, I was shooting at Madh Island all day and had to give the celebration a miss."

Edited by neharahul - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sara_sara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
that prove that reena and Shagufta Ali and ali are great actors as they 3 have the best relation ship on the screeneven if the younger 2 dont get along on the set, Shagufta Ali she is almost every show you see thease days shagun zaara and some comedy shows we have been seeing on zee smile and utsav,
farisss4 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sara_sara

that prove that reena and Shagufta Ali and ali are great actors as they 3 have the best relation ship on the screeneven if the younger 2 dont get along on the set, Shagufta Ali she is almost every show you see thease days shagun zaara and some comedy shows we have been seeing on zee smile and utsav,

i completely agree..i dont know y is it made such a big fuss as well cze it is clearly said that she was shooting at thje madh island and derfore had to miss the 500 episodes celebs... 😛