Vivacious Vivan’s Video/Pics/Art Hub&6-17

AcquaDiGio thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AcquaDiGio thumbnail

SERIALS

VIVAN SAYS NO TO SERIALS
After his first serial

Yehi to Pyar Hai
Oh God!

TV SERIALS can bring out different reactions from people. Vivan Bhathena, new MTV VJ, rules out the possibility of serial acting "That is out for me, as I had a bad experience during Yehi to Pyar Hain. Everything was disorganised and I was not even paid properly for it. I am completely averse to serials."

A scene from Yehi To Pyar Hai... love conquers allAnd now it's the small screen's turn as well. Yehi To Pyar Hai, Zee TV, Mondays, 8.15 p.m. is the love story of Vash, a musician from the royal family of Jaipur and Kasturi, a beautiful gypsy folk dancer.

Their love which blossoms in the desert, engulfs the entire royal family. The story has all the elements of a tearful romance — love, hatred, sacrifice, family ties, cultural values and the resolve to stay united despite odds.

The only redeeming feature of the serial are performances by Sanjay Suri and Nethra Reghuraman who are now successful Bollywood stars but did this serial because of an old commitment.

The photography too is commendable thanks to the myriad colours of the desert. The palaces, forts and lakes make for a breath-taking picture. Wish one could say the same about the serial.

Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko

Article http://www.hindu.com/mp/2004/03/15/stories/2004031500510100. htm

Article on the Soap http://www.screenindia.com/20000728/tsplt.htm

LOVE GURU

And a whole bunch more from our IF friends in the Kahani love guru section..
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=414984&T PN=1
TELEVISION
This one is for love

Smile a while with Kahani Shuru with Love Guru
Smile a while with Kahani Shuru with Love Guru

Zee Smile gives viewers one more reason to smile with Kahani Shuru with Love Guru at 8 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday.

Produced by model and actor Milind Soman, the bi-weekly series is a set of love stories that are played out for 10 or more episodes. The main element in all these is the character of Love Guru played by Manish Paul.

The unusual Guru appears in the story in any avatar that the situation demands: sometimes as a cab driver, a waiter, a passer by and provides tips for love. The stories encompass different aspects of love. They are urban youth-based and are both contemporary and absorbing.

KUMKUM

vivan in kum kum videos

http://www.zippyvideos.com/video_search.z?q=kumkum&o=48& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;c=48&s=relevance&f=movie&d=any&cat=0

like June 6th, many of the videos thanks to the girls/guys who posted in the above link have him in, just go by the time period he played druv.

or title like this http://www.zippyvideos.com/4515586475606496/title/

or his bday engagement on the show, another ex. http://www.zippyvideos.com/4251228504900056/sumit_announces_ dhruv_engagement/

& you can search time bomb and his other serials as well....

Vivaan Bhatena as Dhruv
http://origin.people.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid- 1483936.cms

Dhruv is the good son of the house and everyone loves him. He has been living in America for the last four years completing his education. He is Jatin and Kumkum's son but has grown up with Sumeet since he was a child. Everyone in the house thinks that once he comes back they will get him married to Siya. Siya has been his best friend but he hasn't revealed to anyone that he is in love with Antaraa. Dhruv is like Jatin, very cool and composed and can handle any situation. Sumeet is very proud of him and expects a lot from him. But Dhruv has other plans for himself. He does not want to join Sumeet's business but wants to do something on his own. By doing this he wants to make Sumeet proud. When he learns of Sumeet's plans of getting him married to Siya, he does not oppose and sacrifices his love to obey his father. Later when Kumkum comes to know about everything she stops the engagement and gets him married to Antaraa... Dhruv later leaves the house to prove to his dad that he can still make it big without using his Wadhwa surname. He goes and settles in a village with his wife where he earns a good name by helping the village be self-sufficient.

Vivan Bhatena (Dhruv in Kum Kum) "Being an only child, I don't have a sister. But I have two cousins who stay in New York and Baroda. Both of them send a rakhi to me every year and I religiously tie them on my wrist.

I will never forget is what I used to do in school. To avoid having pretty girls tie a rakhi on my wrist, I would go to all the not-so-pretty girls and force them to tie a rakhi! "

DIABOLICAL

Indiantelevision.com's Breaking News

Trendz launches 'Diabolical' - 'the edgier twist to fashion and lifestyle'

Indiantelevision.com Team
MUMBAI: Zee's fashion channel trendz has launched its fashion and lifestyle show Diabolical. The show anchored by ex-Grasim Mr India Vivan Bathena will air every Thursday at 10:30 pm starting 22 July.

Diabolical will be a guide to the best hangouts in cities all over the country and will showcase food, fashion, dcor, music, celeb clientele with a hope to capture the pulse of urban nightlife - and sometimes day life too.

Announcing the launch, trendz president Abhijit Saxena said, "With new program initiatives like Diabolical, trendz aims to build interactivity with its viewers creating a complete experience around concepts like 'urban nightlife'. Trendz reaches out to the premium and contemporary audience, as the focus is to provide a dedicated platform for advertisers and clients whishing to communicate to homogenous mindset."

Diabolical meaning evil signifies the dark side - to people, to life, to the day, the other side, to the rat race, competitive ambition, even middle class existence, for which the night, a time to lose inhibitions, to shed navy and don scarlet. The focus of each episode is on live experience, evaluation and optimum interactivity with the TA, said an official release.

In keeping with complete viewer relevance and combining wicked cool with interactivity, Diabolical will also be one link to trendz quotient (Tq), a contest giving viewers a chance toward win a cruise in Italy, added the release. Details of the contest would be disclosed in the upcoming episodes.

Produced by SOL for Zee, Diabolical is directed by Maheep Dhillon.

http://us.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k4/july/july147.h tm

The first to arrive was forhttp://www.verveonline.com/29/spotlight/trendz/excerpt.sh tmlmer MTV VJ Vivaan Bhatena who'd rolled out of his bed and driven up from his neighbouring abode. "I've been shooting late nights for my new show Diabolical on Trendz. I could do with plenty of coffee to wake me up," he winked

http://www.uppercrustindia.com/20crust/twenty/tasting.html

VAIDEHI

Vivan Bathena enters Vaidehi

Vaidehi is at it again after turning into a daily, we mean spilling variety.Now, the serial based on the trials and tribulations in the marital lifeof Vaidehi (Pallavi Kulkarni) has a new entrant after bumping off Manav Gohil - the protagonist's youngest brother-in-law. The role will be essayed by model-actor Vivan Bathena. He plays Aroona Irani (Sita) Kiran Kumar's (Harsh Jaisingh) youngest son Akash.

Vivan- Gearing up for Vaidehi

Confirming the news the actor says, "Yes, I play a positve character in the serial. With my entry as a police officer from crime branch a very intriguing track will begin. During the course of my duty , I will be investigating murder cases when I find to my astonishment that my brother and father are also involved in it."

Vivan got his first break with Kehna Hai Kuch Mujko. Lately, he was seen as Dhruv in Kumkum and Abhishek in Kyunki…before the leap and Time Bomb among others. Vivan is also into films and has a negative role in Yashraj Films Chakde India, with Shahrukh Khan and new girl Saagarika.

Vaidehi is the story of a middle-class girl who gets married into a wealthy family but finds to her horror that her husband is impotent. Later, more unsettling things are revealed to her and how she goes about facing them stoically forms the crux of the show.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/nov/9nov/news.php

TIME BOMB

Zee TV Time Bomb press conf.

Edited by AcquaDiGio - 16 years ago
AcquaDiGio thumbnail

THEATER

English comedy

Vandana Sajnani's comedy, Perfect Wedding, will be staged at the Chowdaiah on October 12. The cast features the playwright herself, Vivaan Bhatena, Karishma Tanna, Nasir Khan and Kavita Sharman.

The show begins at 7.30 p.m. and tickets are available at the

) Vivan in Oh God, see the gallery

Another play he was in
and another play

9) THE FUNNIEST VIVAN INTERVIEW!!!
I am almost married'

Vivan and Karishma get talking on television, theatre and relationships

about THE PERFECT WEDDING

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/mp/2006/09/19/stories/20060919 00650100.htm

SHARING SPOTLIGHT Vivan Bhatena and Karishma Tanna share a fine rapport.

Both are hot properties on television. Young, energetic and talented, Karishma Tanna and Vivan Bhatena first acted together in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. She played Indu, while he was Shobha's husband Abhishek. And then she moved on to play main roles in serials such as 'Palki' and, currently, 'Virasaat'. Vivan shot into limelight after winning the 'Grasim Mr. India' title and a Falguni Pathak music video. The hunk, who's playing Dhruv in 'Kumkum', has girls drooling over him, but Karishma has no less a fan following. The two have now got together to play the lead in Vandana Sajnani's play, 'The Perfect Wedding'. Mangala Ramamoorthy listens in as the two strikea rapport on their trip to the city.

Vivan: I'm also doing a film called Chak De India with Yash Raj films. You have to click on the link above. this has to be the funniest interview !!!!!!!   A scene from the play Perfect Wedding in progress at the Tagore Theatre in Chandigarh More on the play http://www.mumbaitheatreguide.com/dramas/english/tpw.asp 10) VIVAN IN CHAK DE INDIA!!!!!!!!! Vivan wants to be James Bond

"Vivan Bhatena who plays the lovable Dhruv in Kumkum dreams of playing James Bond, his role model being Sean Connery. Back home his ambition is to work with Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. An animal lover, he's a true PETA supporter and his best friend is his dog Champ. He gives great importance to his self-respect without which he feels he cannot live. His role in the serial too reflects that. In Kumkum, though his father Sumeet is proud of him and expects him to join his business, Dhruv has his own plans. But the obedient son that he is, when he learns of Sumeet's plans of getting him married to Siya, he does not oppose and sacrifices his love for Antara. When his mother Kumkum learns about it, she stops the engagement and gets him married to his love Antara. Dhruv later leaves the house to prove to his dad that he can still make it big without using his Wadhwa surname. He goes and settles in a village with his wife where he earns a good name by helping the village be self-sufficient. "

A perfect wedding
Radisson New Delhi hosted a comedy play 'Perfect Wedding', directed by Vandana Sajnani with cast (including her) Vivaan Bhatena, Karishma Tanna, Nasir Khan and Kavita Sharma

Not far off the mark (Perfect Wedding)
        Imagination takes wings when Raj wakes up on his wedding day to find a woman clad in her birthday best. Still not out of the hangover of the previous night's bash, he is totally in the dark. Pressing the panic button he introduces the girl as his chambermaid to his would be. It 's total chaos when the bride's mother and the girl friend of Raj's best man join in the fray.         The burden of doubling up as a director has told on Vandana Sajnani, in a pivotal role. With the spotlight totally on him, Vivan Bhatena lends charm and perfection as the groom in wait. Nasir Khan, as the best friend, makes the most of an extended footage, finding the avenues to do a bit of jig to the tunes of Himesh Reshammiya.

With focus on comedy, the characters go overboard to test their decibel levels. Save for a hiccups, this wedding is close to perfection.

2003-: 'The Verdict' directed by Divya Palat starring Hosi Vasunia, Tanaaz Currim, Aditya Hitkari, Vivan Bhatena, Anu Menon (Lola Kutty) among others. This was India's first Interactive Courtroom Drama where the audience decided whether the accused is 'Guilty or 'Innocent.' 11 Jury members were chosen at random from among the audience and they decided the fate of the accused. After they pronounced the Verdict, the actors then continued with the ending of the play which revealed the real truth!

The play premiered at The Taj as part of the Centenary Celebrations.

THEATEROGRAPHY of Vivan Bhatena:

The Verdit

The Perfect Wedding

Oh God

Champaign on the House

WHAT HAPPENED TO KIM? Preeti Jhangiani with Vivan Bhatena

Seconds ticking by: The Time Bomb 9/11 team at the launch of the show

ARTICLES with Mentions of Vivan

MID-DAY Articles

Did you know it was World Theatre Day yest..
Here comes the bride
Lokhandwala & Versova - Delhi boy is Grasim Mr India 2003
Mumbai Mirror Articles

Work hard, party harder

Durnk, who me?

The Hindu Articles

The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore : 'A live audience gives a high'

The Hindu : MTV fresh

The Hindu : Subtle and classy

The Hindu Business Line : Jus' hunting...

The Telegraph

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Metro He who walks tall on telly SRK

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Metro Fast forward: 20 years plus KK

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Weekend Variety is the spice TB

India Times Articls

Fast cars or sex?-Bombay Times-City Supplements-Cities-The Times ...

Men of substance-India Buzz-Entertainment-The Times of India

Time for a vacation-Bombay Times-City Supplements-Cities-The Times ...

Hunks unlimited-Bombay Times-City Supplements-Cities-The Times of ...

Straight Answers-Delhi Times-City Supplements-Cities-The Times of ...

'Just because your mother or girlfriend tells you that you're good ...

When the heart ruled...-Hyderabad Times-City Supplements-Cities ...

Filipino is Mr International-India Buzz-Entertainment-The Times of ...

Savio faire: Model with oodles of confidence-Cities-The Times of India

click on the links for full articles...

AcquaDiGio thumbnail

MOVIES

My sleuths inform that in fact, he ditched Ramu due to channel commitments. But has that made Ramu wary of VJs? Not at all. In fact, he has signed up another VJ, MTV's Vivan Bhatena for his next production Gayab starring Tusshar Kapoor and Antara Mali!

Ram Gopal Verma signs on a MTV VJ for next film

Ram Gopal Verma is known to be a Producer with a difference. No we are not talking about the "Hath ke" filmmakers in Bollywood who think whatever they do is "Different".

Ramu is known to dare with different scripts and has given a chance to many a scriptwriter, director and ofcourse actors. The latest in this list is none other that MTV VJ Vivan Bhathena. Vivan before MTV is known to be a stage actor, hence acting to him is not new.

Vivan will be paired opposite Antara Mali in a film called ' Gaayab'. Directed by Prawaal Raman of 'Darna Mana Hai' fame.

CHAK DE INDIA...
his lady love in the movie click for pic

TIDBITS, QUOTES, and Random Info on VIVAN

Vivan is dating Divya Palat's sister, Nikhila Palat (daughters of the famous author, businessman, ect) here are some photos of them chilling, it's on a personal homepage, so can't cut and paste. And we should be thankful to his friends for posting them. click on link, then scroll down to see the video, there is an indya audio link interview and loads of articles and pictures... but you have to click on the links as I posted links to the original pages rather than eat up space here with copies.

Models & Actors Divya Palat, Aditya Hitkari & Vivian Bhathena & a friend having a go at the basket ball square at the Sports Bar of the Bowling Company

Model & Actor Vivian Bhathena & model Bhairavi goswami shaking up cocktails for the evening at the 'Celebrity Bartending Evening' at the Sports Bar of the Bowling Company. October

Model & Actor Vivian Bhathena & model Bhairavi goswami playing 'Celebrity Bartenders' at the Sports Bar of the Bowling Company. October 21, 2004

Venue: The SportsBar (Colaba)

Date: Thursday, October 21   To: Thursday, October 21

To kick-start the most tempting offer for all women who can hold their liquor on Thursday evening, October 21, 2004, the sensuous Bhairavi Goswami with the cool Vivan Bhatena will mix some eclectic cocktails at The Sports Bar, at Regal, Colaba.

Bhairavi & Vivan are scheduled to hold fort behind the well-stocked bar between 7:30 p.m. & 11:30 p.m. The Sports Bar will extend beers, Indian domestic spirits and Indian wines at half price to all women. However, this offer is on all day every Tuesday and Thursday.

Bhairavi will add pizzazz to the evening by personalizing cocktails to suit the palate of women who dare to try her versions of popular concoctions. She's gonna serve up her take on a B-52, labeled B-35/22/35 (obviously her vital stats) & served as shots. There'll also be Puppy Pina Coladas and the James Bond Cosmo (in honour of her new puppy, a chiuaua named James Bond).

This night is tailor made for women who can drink their men under the table and Bhairavi & Vivan will make it all the more irresistible!

PHOTOS of Vivan Hanging out w friends blog links below

http://www.hemanth.net/site/photos/photoAlbumView.asp?id=51

see 2nd and third picture on page and the one where vivan is putting a hat on the dog, so cute!!!!!!!!!

has many many pictures of vivan's giflfriend and a few of vivan see link below

http://www.hemanth.net/site/photos/photoAlbumView.asp?id=29

see last picture

Vivan wants to be James Bond

"Vivan Bhatena who plays the lovable Dhruv in Kumkum dreams of playing James Bond, his role model being Sean Connery. Back home his ambition is to work with Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. An animal lover, he's a true PETA supporter and his best friend is his dog Champ. He gives great importance to his self-respect without which he feels he cannot live. His role in the serial too reflects that. In Kumkum, though his father Sumeet is proud of him and expects him to join his business, Dhruv has his own plans. But the obedient son that he is, when he learns of Sumeet's plans of getting him married to Siya, he does not oppose and sacrifices his love for Antara. When his mother Kumkum learns about it, she stops the engagement and gets him married to his love Antara. Dhruv later leaves the house to prove to his dad that he can still make it big without using his Wadhwa surname. He goes and settles in a village with his wife where he earns a good name by helping the village be self-sufficient. "

Celebrity
"Former Mr. India, Vivaan Bathena, echoed the sentiments of many other denizens of the night in fervently wishing for a lift in the curfew for discotheques and pubs." on the Mumbai Festival

VIVAN BHATENA
Model
Theatre
actor Vivan Bhatena has many surprises lined up for girlfriend Nikhila Palat. He reminisces, "Nikhila is always one up on me when it comes to these things. Just for this once, I don't want to goof up!" He adds, "I've got something custom-made for her, I only hope its ready for Valentine's! I've also got her jewellery and lots of junk including ten watches of different colours!" Nikhila is sure to have a good 'time'!

Fast cars or sex?
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Germans rate cars higher than sex, says a survey. Do Mumbai men too get turned on by fast cars?

From Mumbai to Munich, automobiles are marketed as a tool of sexual conquest. In Germany, though, cars are so prized that it's not clear, given a choice, whether men would choose the girl over the gearshift!

A German car magazine that quizzed 2,253 Germans, between the ages of 20 to 50, about their sexual habits, discovered that fast cars are embedded in the German brainstem.What a German man drives says a lot about who he is, what he does for a living and how he expects to be treated by his fellow man. It may even be a means to decode his sexual DNA!

What about the Mumbai man? Is he too fascinated by cars? "Yes of course," agrees model-turned-actor Aryan Vaid. "Women have a natural affinity for jewellery, gold and diamonds. So why shouldn't men be fascinated by cars?" he asks. Vaid adds that most men find themselves dreaming of a bigger and a better model as soon as they buy a new car! As for his dream car, Vaid wants a Bentley, "only it costs over a crore-and-a-half!" he laughs.

VJ Nikhil Chinappa, however, rates sex higher than cars. "A car is good, but sex is better," he says, adding that "only a sexually challenged male would go for a car!" However, Chinappa, too has a dream machine — the Jaguar. Actor Vivaan Bhatena says he has been fascinated by cars since childhood. "I spend a lot of time pampering my car, to me it has a separate identity," says Bhatena, whose dream car is a Bentley.

I have many great friends but Supratik Roy is surely my best friend. We have grown up together and have shared many experiences. My father passed away recently and Supratik was the first person to arrive and thereafter he took care of everything-right from making arrangements for the last rites to looking after the family in the difficult situation. It's a pity we cannot meet as often we used to, but we do occasionally play volleyball together. "

Vivan Bathena flushes with embarrassment while recounting his tale. "I was 17 years old. I had gone for a date with a girl to this disc next to Sterling cinema in Mumbai. She was this sweet little girl that I was waiting for with dreams in my eyes but it ended in a nightmare. She ended up drinking more than me, at least five to six pegs of alcohol. She was completely drunk, and to top it all, she made me spend 3,000 bucks on her drinks. It was raining heavily when I went to drop her home, and just while I was parking the car I bumped into a cab. And all the while I was arguing with the driver, my girlfriend was fast asleep in the car! Somehow I woke her up, managed to make her drink lots of water, get her in half senses and ran for my life," he chuckles with embarrassment

Still 4

</>

The Current CATS:

• Umaesh Pherwani
  • Usha Uttap
  • V.J. Mathew
  • Vikram Dhillon
  • Vivaan Bhatena
  • Wajid
  • Yudi
  • Yukta Mookhey
  • Zulfi Sayed
http://www.catcrusade.com/cats.php3

At ekta's party:

Still 6

'I couldn't see myself as a mannequin all my life' 
   "I'm a multi-tasker to boot!" declares Vivaan Bhatena, further adding that it is this quality that has led him to experimenting and excelling in so many avenues in such a small span of time. "I'd always been attracted to the media and the performing arts and hence, when I got the opportunity to model and do fashion shows while in college, I grabbed the opportunity. The modelling got me noticed and I started getting offers for music videos, a rage at that time. Always the kind to try doing many things at one time, I gave it a shot and I liked the work so much that I ended up doing almost seven music videos, all with good singers like Falguni Pathak, Sonu Niigaam, Hariharan etc. I simultaneously also started getting ads, which too I did quite a few of."
   In the meantime, Vivaan completed his graduation and started learning computer animation. But the pull of the glamour world was hard to resist. Although Vivaan did emerge as a finalist at the international chapter of a pageant, he felt a bit let down with regards to the aim with which he entered the contest. "The contest didn't give me as much publicity as I had envisioned. Of course, it did get me noticed in the modelling world to the extent that I got quite a few nice offers but I was more keen on doing something brainier; I couldn't see myself playing a mannequin all my life!" chirps Vivaan. He then auditioned for a popular music channel's VJ hunt, which he won. A friend then suggested he try his hand at television, which had just about entered the boom phase. "But I was quite sceptical about doing TV, as in tele-serials at that point as I thought it'd hamper my prospects at getting a chance in films." But destiny somehow led him to doing a role in Star Plus'
Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, a serial that got him hugely noticed and led him to doing stellar roles in a spate of programmes like Kumkum, Time Bomb, Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hain etc. "After I did Kyunkii..By that time, all my misconceptions about TV too had gotten cleared off. Television has given me a chance to display my acting skills and has also given me a security about money — something that's a very important factor for me," shares Vivaan, who is presently very upbeat about his film debut that he has made through none other than Yash Chopra's Chak De India! "It has been a dream-debut, worth my entire wait!" says an ecstatic Vivaan.

CAREER JUNCTION
http://www.sydenham.edu/saemo.html

It is a two day workshop on Advertising, Event management, RJ-ing and VJ-ing. It is an inter-collegiate event attended by students from colleges all over Mumbai. Bigwigs of the entertainment company are invited to guide the students in these subjects. We have had speakers like Jamal Iqbal- the man behind the HUTCH and the Simpoo ads, Dean of Event Management Development Institute [EMDI] Anant Rangaswamy, RJ Natasha and RJ Arnaaz from RED 93.5 FM and RJ Jaggu and Sangram from 92.7 FM, VJ Vivaan Bhatena from MTV who enlightened the students in respective fields. It also got coverage from NDTV News Channel.

And the VJ hunt ends ends in a high-five !
[7 Jul, 2002 l 2250 hrs ISTlTIMES NEWS NETWORK]

< =text/>setImgWidth();

WHEN MTV was born, it didn't just introduce a whole new genre of entertainment music videos, it also created a whole new generation of stars video jockeys, aka VJs as they are popularly known.
Cyrus Broacha, Nikhil Chinappa, Shenaz Treaurywala and gang have become celebs in their own right. Now, it's time to announce the winners of the latest MTV Colgate Gel- Indiatimes VJ Hunt: Vivan Batena, Sophiya, Aditya, Anusha and Ramona.
I guess I first wanted to be a VJ when I saw Danny McGill host a show,'' says Vivan, ''I felt this would be a really cool job.'' This Graviera Mr India has also dabbled in theatre and intends to continue a career in acting. Sophiya, in turn, isn't new to VJ-ing. ''I've been a VJ before, but there's something different now — we're talking about millions of viewers, great shows and a whole lot of fun. I can't wait.'' The British-born 'baby-face' is originally from the band Sansara and is also pursuing a singing career.
Aditya, in contrast, is a literary type who's ''close friends'' with Oscar Wilde and the like. ''I've written and acted in English theatre for eight years,'' he reveals, ''I didn't think that I would win the hunt. But, I guess, if you're going to be a VJ, you might as well work with the best in the business!''

A perfect wedding

Grand Final of the Kids for Tigers Crossroads Mela
7th Oct 2002 http://www.kidsfortigers.org/news/newsdetail.php?id=593

At the grand final on October 6, 2002, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., a fancy dress competition was conducted for children who came dressed as their favourite animals. A creative bamboo basket tortoise won the first prize, while an unusually frisky octopus bagged the second. Raell Padamsee's skit was also performed on the same day. The day was made extra special by the presence of Forest Department officers to whom the children tied friendship bands. Children also took the 'Save the Tiger' pledge and there was a lucky dip for all those who submitted their signed postcards to the Prime Minister. Special guests included Satish Mane, Hemendra Kothari of DSP Merrill Lynch and Urvi Piramal of the Piramal group, which hosted the event at Crossroads. The kids were absolutely thrilled with Cyrus Broacha and MTV VJ Vivan Bathena, who were emcees at the show.

passion

By Tenzin Dechen

Vivan Bathena zooms on to the sets of Zee TV's Maayka, making a cool entry in a shiny red convertible. He plays Shabd Sareen, a rich, young photographer with loads of attitude. Shabd is the new man in Maahi's life, and he's here to stay. "My character is an NRI who's lived and studied abroad, so he gets his values from there, and now he's in a rural environment like Punjab. Shabd is quite successful in the photography business and he's used to women falling all over him. But Maahi is not interested in him. This mysterious, dark quality about her intrigues him and what begins as a modelling assignment turns into love," Vivan reveals.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp

Vivan Bhatena, VJ: "I have to go to Africa of Egypt. They're both places that I've always wanted to go to. I love animals, so that's one reason. But I might wait a few months till it cools off for a while. It's just too hot at the moment."

Photos: K. Ramesh Babu

ETHNIC CHIC: Traditional line for the festive season.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2002/10/30/stories/200 2103000300300.htm

Vivan and cooking
and one more interview
Vivan flamboyant in Maayka (click blue 4 whole article)
This model-turned-actor accepts that he has been lucky in the television industry. Vivan Bhatena was the winner of 'Gladrags Mr. India in 2001' and has not looked back since then. After his appearance in Falguni Pathak's music video- 'Maine Payal Hai Chankai', Vivan became a heart throb.
Vivan uses his own sports car for 'Maayka'
This model-turned-actor accepts that he has been lucky in the television industry. Vivan Bhatena...
Vivan Bhatena
Actor, Model
Born: October 28 1978
</>

Next

Vivan Bhatena, Grasim Mr India 2001 from Mumbai is a known face in the television and advertising world. Besides many plays and serials, he has done music videos, radio shows etc. Vivan stepped into the media when he was only 18 years old and one of his extremely popular commercial was of Live In Jeans. This model-turned-actor has his feet firm in theatre and television. He has been cast by theatre director's like Sandiip Sikcand, Divya Palat and Maria Goretti in popular plays such as 'The Verdict', 'O God', 'Champagne on the house' and so on. He became every teenagers heart-throb with his appearance in Falguni Pathank's music videos - 'Maine Payal Hai Chankayi' and 'Tera Chehra hai Aaine jaisa' by Jagit Singh as well as for his portrayals in Tele serials like 'Kyunki Saas..' and 'Kumkum'. He hopes to get into films in future.

TOP 100 HANDSOME INDIA MEN http://www.webindia123.com/personality/men/vivan_bhatena/viv an.htm

Vivan Bhatena (Dhruv from Kumkum) says, "As a child I really did not give much importance to Fathers Day but I lost my father last year and now as this very special day approaches I think of him and all the things he has done for me. I value Father's Day a lot more now. My dad taught me how to drive. He was a very cautious driver himself. But I was always brash. I liked to zoom but he would never approve of it. He would always tell me that one doesn't become a good driver if he drives fast. I remember that from my first pay I had got my father a watch and he was very proud of me. I thin the best onscreen father on television is Hussain (Sumit from Kumkum) not because I act in that serial but because he is a wonderful actor and a great co-star."

Vivian Bhatena
Director Ramgopal Varma has searched for a new talent and he is the Ex Mr. India Vivian Bhatena. Ramu signed Vivian for the Prawal Kumar's Gaayab. Gaayab is a love triangle that also stars Tusshar Kapoor and Antara Mali. Vivian plays the love interest of Antara in the film. Tusshar Kapoor is in a negative role. Vivian plays a sweet soul in the film. He is all praises for the director and is very excited about the film. "You know when I met Ramu, I didn't know the kind of role he was going to give me. He asked me if I wanted to be a hero or an actor. I thought, if I said I wanted to be an actor, he would give me some sweeper's role. So I told him I wanted to be an actor but pleaded that he gave me a worthwhile role. And Ramu burst out laughing. I still can't forget that," says Vivian.
Actor Vivan Bhathena believes that even if a woman is wearing short skirts to seek attention, it cannot, justify a person thinking of her as being of loose character.
On Shilpa Shetty
Vivan Bhathena,
Actor/ Model
Well done; I think it's great that she's won. It's a good thing for India when one of us goes out there and emerges a winner. There is a lot of undercurrent of racism present in the UK and I'm glad it came out in the open. But I'm hoping that Shilpa won on her own merit and not because of the hoopla created because of the racial row. 

Vivan Bhathena on Shilpa Shetty

Actor/ Model
Well done; I think it's great that she's won. It's a good thing for India when one of us goes out there and emerges a winner. There is a lot of undercurrent of racism present in the UK and I'm glad it came out in the open. But I'm hoping that Shilpa won on her own merit and not because of the hoopla created because of the racial row.

About VIVAN's Girlfriend

pre Vivaan...

"I'd give sports priority as there's no one to push it."

Nikhila Palat, 15, Standard X; daughter of a senior executive of an international bank in Mumbai; an ardent sports lover, she wants to be a Wimbledon champion.

Though it's an ancient country, I feel it's youthful and growing with me. I kind of feel it's the same age as I am. And its future depends on us. It's better to live in a developing country than a developed one. Opportunities are open everywhere. The best thing that has happened is that Indians have developed a sense of determination. We no longer lack the killer instinct. If I were PM I would give priority to sports. India has very few facilities in this field. People like Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have done it all on their own. No one to push them. I'd like to provide facilities for sports.

India of My Dreams

While adult India seems apathetic, the young ones are appalled by the way things are going in the country. INDIA TODAY records the frank--and disquieting--views of children from widely disparate backgrounds.

By Raj Chengappa

Nikhila Palat and Mohammed Shukkar Ali are both 15 years of age. That's where the similarity ends. She, ensconced in the comfort of a flat on Mumbai's Napean Sea Road, driven in an Esteem to school, home in the afternoon to croissants and hot milk, tennis practice for two hours in the evening and then tucked into a warm, cushiony bed. He, lying curled up on the floor of a smelly, rat-infested hut in a Delhi slum, up at the crack of dawn to rummage through garbage heaps, at the raddi shop by noon to weigh his collection, dal-roti at the dhaba, and as night falls, gazing hopelessly at the stars. Nikhila's view of India: "Opportunities are open everywhere." Mohammed's: "If you spend your whole day picking up garbage, your life will end up like that."Why should we care what either of them thinks of India? Or for that matter what they would do if they ever became prime minister? What their aspirations are or who they model themselves on?

Here's why. Adolescents like Nikhila and Mohammed are going through that stressful transition from puberty to adulthood. They are searching for answers to life's most fundamental questions: "Who am I?" and "Where am I going?" .

.... As Nikhila says with a quiet assertion, "The nation's future depends on us." If we mend our ways and demonstrate that we can improve India, then we can still inspire them.

http://www.india-today.com/itoday/01091997/cov.html

for the whole article. this is a little off topic, but until I update the rest, this is ok vivaan's gf when she was 15....

POST VIVAAN

Still 7

Vivan Bhatena and girlfriend Nikhila Palat

Celebrity

VIVAN BHATENA
Model
Theatre actor Vivan Bhatena has many surprises lined up for girlfriend Nikhila Palat. He reminisces, "Nikhila is always one up on me when it comes to these things. Just for this once, I don't want to goof up!" He adds, "I've got something custom-made for her, I only hope its ready for Valentine's! I've also got her jewellery and lots of junk including ten watches of different colours!" Nikhila is sure to have a good 'time'!

Celebrity

Still 2

"Vivan Bhatena, actor

Lip service

Vivan Bhatena and girlfriend Nikhila

South Mumbai's newest eatery Salt Water Grill went down quite well with us, despite the muggy weather on Friday night.

Ask us what we liked specifically and we will have to say that while the dcor scores for being stylishly beach-y, the plus about this on-the-sand restaurant is definitely that there is nothing at all like it elsewhere in the city.

Vivan Bhatena and girlfriend Nikhila must have thought the place rather nice too, because they sat by the sea, interested in only each other, despite quite a turnout.

We'd have liked to ask the actor what he thought of the food, but it was quite clear there was only one dish he was paying any lip service to that night!

Still 1

last pic in this video

Kumkum rocks on!
Click for video
( 29 July 2006 )

Blood Diamond - Premiere
</>
Blood Diamond - Premiere

Nikhila Palat and Vivan Bathena

MTV fresh
The weekend had new faces from MTV, veejays Ramona and Vivan, to shoot for the 'Kya Bolti Tu' and 'Mega Mix' episodes in the twin cities.

ON AIR: Ramona and Vivan at the shoot.
MUSIC TELEVISION is one of the best things to have happened to the tube, the youth would vouch, when the other options doled out are the saas-bahu soaps and game shows. With all the trappings of the young culture - the attitude, the spoofs on the Bollywood themes and chartbusters for music, the channel has walked into the mind space of the generationext, creating a common milieu of youth across the country. For the weekend, the MTV crew landed on the twin cities and the locales - Bison Grounds to catch the polo season, and Where Else for the music enthusiasts. "We have tied up with MTV and this weekend Where Else has lined up the exhibition match for the polo tournament in association with AP Riding Club plus the promotion of the MTV Citibank Card -- the patrons of the card will be given a special discount at Where Else. And to give a fillip to the Friday karaoke nights here, we have brought in the celebrities - two of the new MTV veejays for the footage of the episodes of popular shows Kya bolti tu and Mega mix here," says Veer, Executive Director, Where Else, a unit of the CHA Resorts Pvt. Ltd. Earlier this July provided MTV with five fresh faces - Aditya Hitkari, Sophia, Anusha, Ramona Sunavala and Vivan Bhatena, zeroed down from 11, 000 entries for the VJ hunt called in by the channel and chosen by the audience voting process combined with the auditions. "Everyone is equally talented and very much alike," says Ramona, hosting the Soul2Soul, Big Picture and MTV Fresh. Having done a Vipassana course at the age of 13, followed by Art of Living training, Ramona is the soul seeker; recently back from Rishikesh shooting for the Soul2Soul episode. "Soul2Soul is about finding different ways of salvation, be it living by the Ganges or the options of a spa," she says. Are the philosophical predilections happening with the young? "Absolutely. With the tension and stress around with the youth," says Vivan. After successful modelling and theatre work, MTV happened to him. Vivan is the new face on the MTV party scene - the night clubs and night life and the chill out gigs, thus the Mega mix at Where Else which was an all out future sounds back-to-back with trance and club music session.

SHOW TIME: Youngsters have a field day. - Photos: Satish. H
"Mega mix is about popular music; music you can dance to apart from the club reviews we do at the show," says Vivan, in sync with the mood of the show-a total people person in control and who dotes on music. And how do parents react to the veejaying as a serious vocation idea when Medicine or Engineering is the yardstick? "We have supportive parents who know we have a balanced head on the shoulder and are doing well in our endeavours," he says. "Earlier they were worried when I shifted from radio to theatre and now television, but now they are glad and in fact assemble in front of the screen to watch my shows," adds Ramona. What next from the veejay stage? "Take it by the day. Basically entertainment, with so much work in radio and acting, we would like to do something in the realm, may be produce a film," says Ramona. Looking at the awesome duo as they shoot for the shows that reach 23 million homes, one observes that it is not about the hype image but a lot of hard work, talent, a positive attitude and oodles of self-confidence that goes along to face the arc lights and pounding watts around. Kudos to the spirit. ''I guess I first wanted to be a VJ when I saw Danny McGill host a show,'' says Vivan

SYEDA FARIDA

WHAT HAPPENED TO KIM? Preeti Jhangiani with Vivan Bhatena

Seconds ticking by: The Time Bomb 9/11 team at the launch of the show

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Post this in the announcements/links section and thanx 4 it he looks hot!! 😃
AcquaDiGio thumbnail

Vivan Bhatena, 23, the Graviera Mr India who is "tons of fun and full of bad jokes" quote about vivan by MTV people......

ok the main reason for the reply was these posts from the Vaidehi section

Mon

Mon

pic gallery have a bit of Vivan

pg 120 https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=305689&T PN=120

pg118 and maybe one or two more pages since he enters at the end.

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=305689&T PN=118

plus these two videos at least maybe more days in the show...not sure....but above are IF gallery snaps and below are adjoining vids. Actually he starts sometime maybe in Nov, so that section is archived

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/481057

a few episodes....as Aakash.....He has on a turban for a wedding on dec 6th and is wearing indian clothes, his entry is even before then......but I know you guys have been discussing him in indian clothes.....so..😊

thanks to the Vaidevi team you can catch him in it.....

still to come Kkusum fashion show, Live in Jeans Ad, ect. ect. (if anyone has these please don't hesitate to help out 😊) And thanks for the thanks and for being patient....

AcquaDiGio thumbnail

sambharchutney thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
haiiiiiiiiiiiiii
So many Vivan pics are making me go crazy 😳
Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow
great post
lots things abt my hubby Vivan 😳
thanks a ton 😳
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

wow! so much of info on our darling shabd! thanks for sharing. his girlfriend is very cute!😛