Apoorva Lakhia's Next Mission Istanbul Is

S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Apoorva Lakhia's Next Mission Istanbul Is About Bin Laden

Tanya Palta May 18, 2007

Director Apoorva Lakhia after Shootout at Lokhandwala will not take a break as the norm and will dive straight into his next project, titled Mission Istanbul. Mission Istanbul revolves around Osama bin Laden's terrorist network, the Al-Qaeda! Lakhia with Sunil Shetty is busy these days short listing the cast and Bobby Deol is the only one who has been finalized.

Says Lakhia, "After Shootout at Lokhandwala, Mission Istanbul is going to be my big film. I definitely have Bobby Deol aboard. The film needs four big heroes. And it has to be shot in Turkey, Afghanistan, Srinagar and Mumbai."

Of his relationship with Suniel, Lakhia says, "Our equation solidified on the sets of Shootout... Suniel is such a calming influence. Every time I'd get tense, he would come and place a hand on my shoulder. And he's got a fabulous infrastructure and a great influence." He has sourced out actors from Turkey and other Islamic nations who resemble some of the Al-Qaeda terrorists closely, and after auditioning them, has signed them on for Mission Istanbul.

Currently, Lakhia is working on getting permission to shoot the film in Afghanistan. "And if not Afghanistan, then I'll replicate the hinterland in Jaisalmer. The landscapes are pretty much the same. And even the local Muslims resemble each other in both the places. I've shot Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost in Jaisalmer. So I know the terrain," says the director.