Should partial-birth abortion be banned?

~*MaNnU*~ thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Should abortion be permitted?

The issue of abortion is one of the most contentious, and emotive dilemmas faced by modern societies. The question is whether one should allow the termination of a child whilst it is in its mother's womb. For some, the question is even more fundamental: at what stage is the foetus in the womb to be regarded as a child? The battle-lines are drawn between strict, religious ('pro-life') arguments (that it is never permissible), and those ('pro-choice') that emphasise the mother's right to choose as the primary concern.

Should parental consent be required for underage pregnant women to have abortions?

Teenage pregnancy is a stressful experience, and many people would agree that it would be sensible for a pregnant unmarried teenage girl to seek advice from a responsible adult. Parental involvement laws would make notification of pregnancy and consent for abortion from one or both parents mandatory.

Should partial-birth abortion be banned?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_dilation_and_extraction

*Note: Edit made upon request.

Edited by ~*MaNnU*~ - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Topic discussed not once but many times before...

Check this out

If you feel this is different discussion or want to raise a new point, PM me. Thanks!

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Opened - Changed the topic name and opened to discuss, any questions or clarifications PM dev, thanks. Hail Public demand!! :)

Should partial-birth abortion be banned? Lets watch rsponses on this...

Edited by raj5000 - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
whats partial abortion!!???.. leaving just half the baby or something like that! 😕
~*MaNnU*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

whats partial abortion!!???.. leaving just half the baby or something like that! 😕

naw itzz wenn u get the baby aborted..later on during ur pregnancy..
eitehr in the second semester or thirdd

sowmyaa thumbnail

Thanks for the link tisha. I was not sure about partical abortion too. Well from what the link says it sounds really brutal. Haven't heard much about it in news or anything that it is such major of an issue so don't know much. However, it is brutal to get abortion after first tremester. But if it's something with mother's health it can be valid.

sareg thumbnail
Abortion should be a woman's right to choose, the state has no business getting involved in it. The state only gets a right to interfer when the wife of the mother is in danger. If the Govt is so interested at that point they should adopt the child, but that is the only place where State should be involved.

The mother has to provide nurturing, No-one is going to help her in that, if not, they have no business telling her what to do. If it is a couple, father's input should be valued, however the decision maker should be the mother

Now should parental consent be required if the child is underage, It should be an opinion but not an obligation to value that input. If the parents had so much say in the child's life, they would not have allowed their child to become pregnant in the first place

Partial birth abortion, I really think the doctors should check if the mother's life is at risk, if it is and the mother still wants to abort, they should take the child and give it to the Govt to care

The Govt have shown how capable they are at maintaining our security, economic and social state, giving them a child to care is the stupidiest thing to do.
mittijalebi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

Abortion should be a woman's right to choose, the state has no business getting involved in it. The state only gets a right to interfer when the wife of the mother is in danger. If the Govt is so interested at that point they should adopt the child, but that is the only place where State should be involved.

The mother has to provide nurturing, No-one is going to help her in that, if not, they have no business telling her what to do. If it is a couple, father's input should be valued, however the decision maker should be the mother

Now should parental consent be required if the child is underage, It should be an opinion but not an obligation to value that input. If the parents had so much say in the child's life, they would not have allowed their child to become pregnant in the first place

Partial birth abortion, I really think the doctors should check if the mother's life is at risk, if it is and the mother still wants to abort, they should take the child and give it to the Govt to care

The Govt have shown how capable they are at maintaining our security, economic and social state, giving them a child to care is the stupidiest thing to do.

i don't think you've ever heard of such a thing as ADOPTION!  there are hundreds of childless couples out there who are willing to adopt newborns.

i used to think i was pro-choice, however, reading the description of that partial birth abortion was disturbing.

why carry a baby to 6 months and then decide you want to abort it?  (this is of course if there are no medical issues).  utterly sick!

and regarding your comment about parents of underage pregnant girls........they cant be with them everywhere.  i'm sure they didnt give their daughter consent to go get pregnant.

Edited by mittijalebi - 17 years ago
raunaq thumbnail

Originally posted by: mittijalebi

i don't think you've ever heard of such a thing as ADOPTION! there are hundreds of childless couples out there who are willing to adopt newborns.

i used to think i was pro-choice, however, reading the description of that partial birth abortion was disturbing.

why carry a baby to 6 months and then decide you want to abort it? (this is of course if there are no medical issues). utterly sick!

and regarding your comment about parents of underage pregnant girls........they cant be with them everywhere. i'm sure they didnt give their daughter consent to go get pregnant.

so you are trying to imply that a woman cannot make the decision of abortion? what if the mothers decision is to not hand her kids in adoption? and carrying baby for 6 months and then abort, again the decision should be left on to her, it looks like an easy task for others and recommend to not to go for abortion but the onus of taking care of the baby falls mostly on the mother. of course people can give her advices about adoption etc, but she is the decision maker, what if her circumstances changes and she feels that she cannot take care of the baby? i might be asking some silly questions but would love to hear views from others. Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
mittijalebi thumbnail
yeah killing your almost full-term baby is a much better decision than handing your kids over to being adopted. wah kya mentality hai.