Retro Cafe - Duets of 60s(Timing Changed)

Barnali thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Due to some unavaoidable circumstances we are unable to air the Retro today. Very Sorry 😳 here's the updated timing for the Retro. So lets all meet then on Friday to enjoy it πŸ˜ƒ

Friday- 20th April  at 11:30 PM IST

Hello friends….

"Abhi naa jaao chhodakar, ke dil abhi bhara nahi
Abhi abhi to aayi ho, bahaar ban ke chhaayi ho
Hawaa zaraa mahak to le, nazar zaraa behak to le
Yeh shaam dhal to le zaraa, ye dil sambhal to le zaraa
Mei thodee der jee to lu, nashe ke ghoont pee to lu
Abhi to kuchh kahaa nahi, abhi to kuch sunaa naheen
.."

Are you wondering why I am quoting lyrics? When you hear this song from the film "Hum Dono"(1961) , does it stir your feelings and bring out the romantic in you? Does this song feature in your list of memorable evergreen romantic duets?

This song was penned  by Shahir Ludhianviji, composed  by Jaidevji and  a soul stirring rendition of this lilting, haunting duet of a melody of all times was given by  Mohd.Rafi saab and Ashaji, picturized on the evergreen hero Dev Anand & the beautiful Sadhanaji. It has got  to be one of the best duets of all times from the golden era of music - the  50's & 60's.

Duets are an integral part of Hindi film music. In our films, songs bring out the essence of every mood portrayed and for romance, nothing like a soulful duet! The best duets perhaps were all composed and picturized in the Golden era, where the emphasis was more on meaningful lyrics, soul capturing compositions, portrayal of the feeling, keeping it simple to make it look realistic and yet weave a magic around all.

The Golden era has produced some beautiful duets sung by king of playback – singer Rafi Sahab, nightingale - Lata ji, soulful and sensuous  Asha Ji, romantic and naughty Kishore Da, melodious and soothing Hemant Kumar, the versatile genious Manna Dey and emotional Talat Saab and evergreen Mukesh Sahab and so many more.

The golden era was indeed  ruled by some of our best lyricists, composers , singers, directors, actors , actresses of all times and their  combinations churned out total magic - very memorable movies  and songs , so much so that  even after 40 years we yearn for those melodies and movies. Such was the magic of the Golden Era !

So this week our Retro Caf is dedicated to duets from the 60's era.πŸ˜ƒ

(Credit for banner goes to *Dolly*)

Let's take that walk down the memory lane with Retro Cafe Show and reconnect with those fabulous duets of all times which can even today leave us enthralled and asking for more. The songs requested by members of that era to be played are simply divine and will surely be a treat and leave us mesmerized.

Let's get together here on this thread on Friday - 20th April  at 11:30 PM IST to hear the requests and the lovely songs in our favorite program…..

Retro Caf- A Blast from the Past  !!!

Here is your direction to connect to the IF Radio:

http://www.india-forums.com/radio

Or use this link in winamp:

http://www.raagaradio.com:8000/live

We will be streaming the Retro  at  11:30 PM IST, 2AM IST, 5 AM IST and 8 AM IST.

The corresponding times for these  in the different time zones shall be as follows :

11:30PM IST 12 Midnight (Bangladesh)  7 PM UK(London) - 2 PM (EST), 1 AM CT, 12 Noon MT, 11 AM PT (NorthAmerica)

2 AM IST  - 2.30 AM (Bangladesh)-9.30 PM UK (London) - 4.30 PM (EST), 3.30PM (CT),2.20 PM MT,1.30PM PT (North America)

5 AM IST - 5.30 AM (Bangladesh) -12.30 AM UK (London) - 7.30 PM (EST),6.30PM (CT),5.30PM MT, 4.30PM PT (North America)

8 AM IST - 8.30 AM (Bangladesh) - 3.30 AM UK (London) - 10.30 PM(EST), 9.30PM (CT), 8.30PM MT,7.30PM PT (North America)

Regards.

IF DEV TEAM

Edited by Barnali - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Spandana* thumbnail
thanchu barnali dii...was looking for this post. 😳 will sure tune in at the possible timings

spandu~
ammmu thumbnail
Oh noooooooo ,i thought the deadline to submit the songs we wanted was on 18th April..!! Argh Ammu you duffer, i can't even read...

But yayyy cant wait for the show..!! am sure some of my favourite songs will be there as well as everyone else's 😳 😳 😳
Pachu.P thumbnail
Aaahhh...love the 60s era...can't beat it!

will definately check it out πŸ˜ƒ
advil thumbnail

Thanks Di,

Hmm cant wait to hear it... 19th April, 8 AM IST streaming time is booked for me... I will surely be here....

Who else will be here with me at that time to listen to the show together?😳

Edited by advil - 17 years ago
ammmu thumbnail

Originally posted by: advil

Thanks Di,

Hmm cant wait to hear it... 19th April, 8 AM IST streaming time is booked for me... I will surely be here....

Who else will be here with me at that time to listen to the show together?😳

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I thought it was 18th AprilπŸ˜• hmmm... depends on how much homework I have... but will give time to listen for sure😳

haiiii am sure this one is going to be a really good show..!!😳

advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: ammmu

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I thought it was 18th AprilπŸ˜• hmmm... depends on how much homework I have... but will give time to listen for sure😳

haiiii am sure this one is going to be a really good show..!!😳

Oye confusion express , the first streaming is at 11 PM IST on 18th April, the fourth one is  at 8 AM whcih means on the following day which will be 19th April, right?πŸ˜†

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I got a piroblem. None of the timings are suitable. Would have liked to listen at 9 pm my time on 18th or 19th April. πŸ˜•
Barnali thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

I got a piroblem. None of the timings are suitable. Would have liked to listen at 9 pm my time on 18th or 19th April. πŸ˜•

And sahana what is the IST of your 9pm.πŸ˜› 

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Barnali

And sahana what is the IST of your 9pm.πŸ˜› 

It is 6:30 pm IST. Singapore is 2.5 hours ahead of India.
  Edited by punjini - 17 years ago