Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

First of all let me thankyou once again for this post!!!

My Mom and I fight everydayπŸ˜†.She critises me everyday for some or the other thing.I don't take it as critisism and think my mom is bashing me unnecessarily.Then She asks me to accept the critisism.

Originally posted by: ani11

How do u differentiate between the two?

A best critic is one's own conscience,so healthy and pure critisim is acceptable to any person because we too might agree it secretely or in solitude.Critisim helps the person to grow better(I mean who takes the criticism positively)

Bashing is degradition of other person or entity.It does'nt help!!

How important is criticism in ur life? Very much

Do u think that a healty view on things even if they are negative is necessary ?Yup!! My family members warn me not to spend much time on DM,they warn me about the illeffects of spending much time near PC and virtual world.I sweetly ignored the real membersπŸ˜†,subsequently when my virtual friends left me I fell seriously sick .So now I realised the content in the criticism made by my family,now I'm concentrating on my old hobbies like reading books and painting!!😊

Won't we be living in a fool's paradise or la la land if we think that there is nothing negative in this world/our country/our culture? Yes!!

Tell me when does criticism become bashing according to u? ati sarvatra varjeyet

How much criticism is fair and healthy?Cannot mentionπŸ˜›.

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: ani11

OMG Dr Abhijit Shukla πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
U r very welcome Sir.
I would have loved if u had written a few words in this topic but i am honored that u visited it and thanked me. πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜†

Anitha Ji!

I thanked you and then again I posted a post ,where are πŸ‘ for me.

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Strictly IMO -
Bashing and Criticism are altogether two different things. Bashing is just means to spit frustration and make a personal hurting remarks to individuals, there are reasons for it justifiable or otherwise.
Criticism is something which does not necessary indulges in person attack but targeted to the topic as a whole.
Reasons for bashing can be several to note a few:
1.     Someone making rude remarks to favorites is subjected to bashing.
2.     Someone who is irritating is subjected to bashing.
3.     Some celebrity who you loathe is subjected to bashing.
4.     Someone personally attaching to you or likes picking on ppl I ssubjected to bashing.
5.     etc..

Reason for criticism can be
1.     You want to settle scores with a person after making him/her realize with diplomatic remarks without being personal.
2.     You don't hate a person but thing he/she do.
3.     You like an individual but actions are acceptable and cri. the doings.
4.     Depends on individuals criticism can be positive or negative. Biggest example of positive criticism is Khalid Mahmood of times of India.
5.     Criticism if taken in right sense is like feedback in more negative sense. But criticism is non comparable to bashing, bashing is a assault not an feedback or granting a person scope of improvement but just hurting the other person for one's own satisfaction.. whatever u call it

PS - if am not in right track to maintain the decorum over here in this section then please PM me, thanks...
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Strictly IMO -
Bashing and Criticism are altogether two different things. Bashing is just means to spit frustration and make a personal hurting remarks to individuals, there are reasons for it justifiable or otherwise.
Criticism is something which does not necessary indulges in person attack but targeted to the topic as a whole.
Reasons for bashing can be several to note a few:
1.     Someone making rude remarks to favorites is subjected to bashing.
2.     Someone who is irritating is subjected to bashing.
3.     Some celebrity who you loathe is subjected to bashing.
4.     Someone personally attaching to you or likes picking on ppl I ssubjected to bashing.
5.     etc..

Reason for criticism can be
1.     You want to settle scores with a person after making him/her realize with diplomatic remarks without being personal.
2.     You don't hate a person but thing he/she do.
3.     You like an individual but actions are acceptable and cri. the doings.
4.     Depends on individuals criticism can be positive or negative. Biggest example of positive criticism is Khalid Mahmood of times of India.
5.     Criticism if taken in right sense is like feedback in more negative sense. But criticism is non comparable to bashing, bashing is a assault not an feedback or granting a person scope of improvement but just hurting the other person for one's own satisfaction.. whatever u call it

PS - if am not in right track to maintain the decorum over here in this section then please PM me, thanks...

so well- decribed .. what a post Raj.. Welcome to DM πŸ˜ƒ

raj5000 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

so well- decribed .. what a post Raj.. Welcome to DM πŸ˜ƒ

What a Warm Welcome QT(cutey) hope jiju is sleeping lol.. yeah getting started here Thanks...😳😊

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

there is a very fine line.. I think bashing is just extreme incessant criticism which may not be wrong... 😊 Its like this criticism with 2-3 sentences is criticism but with 20-30 sentences is bashing... πŸ˜†

Yes,there's a fine line demarcating "criticism" from "bashing"

When scathing opinions are "overstated" to prove a point,it amounts to bashing

Opinions,when corroborated with coherent reasoning,sound logic and convinicing examples tantamounts to "critique"

Astringent remarks sans any rhyme or reason connotes "bashing"

And as Maya said,many a times,vociferous criticism is misconstrued as "bashing",especially when it pertains to actors and actresses.. Tolerance level of fans is usually less,thus any disapproving opinion is rendered as "bashing"

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
persistence thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

My thoughts exactly. πŸ‘ Sometimes when we analyse a person's POV or performance or whatever it is not meant to be taken personally. Criticsm is when we point out what we think is wrong, why it's wrong and how that can be rectified or in other words when we have a definite positive goal in our mind. Bashing is when we simply degrade something/ someone just because we don't like it, without giving any definite reason and definitely without any positive goal.

Okay, I have to say something...... Though I didn't like/agree with you views on 'working women' and some other topic on women, .... I got to say that your chain of thought is really good (esp. when it comes to talking of India, and how it can progress)..... intelligent mind.... just wanted to know if you are all talk or do you participate in govt. and are making/bringing about some change in the country.... am sure India will benefit if you actively take part in bringing the change, that is if you are not already doing so.😊

Ok, I am done praising you.πŸ˜†

Persy

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Consider the Parliament  and Assembly Sessions in India .The Opposition and ruling party members no more deal the discussions in a decent manner.Constructive Criticism is the primary duty of a Opposition party but this is no longer prevalant, they  are bashing each other .They even raise personal issues in the parliament.Any system loses its charm when bashing takes place in the place of criticism.

Cheers,

Mythili

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Bashing is sometimes baseless and hence destructive criticism. Sometimes, it is necessary. If your kid begins to smoke at 11, you not only constructively criticize him / her, but also bash his behaviour and make it known that it is unhealthy, irresponsible and unacceptable. The same holds good with an abusive husband / father.

In debates, it should be avoided. However, baseless & REPEATED criticism (not constructive with examples/ logic, but just general) of a THIRD person or group of people essenially absent is absolutely lowly and hence may cause bashing from participating debaters. Such debate IN MY OPINION is passionate, and one can CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize whatever they criticized and having succeeded, rightfully demand an apology from the ones they got offended by. If logical resoning is lacking, one should prevent oneself from making generalized criticizm.

Else, IMO, it is just like a juvenile wanting to smoke cigarette, yet not willing to take bashing from parents!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago