Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pachu.P thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hailaa...congrats guys...#8..FINALLY!..hehe...took us a lil' more then b4...but we made it 😳

Congrats once again everyone! πŸ‘
Pachu.P thumbnail
Just incase if ya'll didn't c this post of me in Club 7..here it is again:

OMG!..hailaaaa...wat a night it was last night!..hayeeeeee...the whole Award was splendid...right from Amrita's performance to Hrithik performance....every1 did terrific job!...loved Sridevi's performance....haila...she even beats Madhuri on performing...she was looking splendid!

Loved A.R. Rehman's performance....hayeeee....especially...the "tere bina" song...i was just like went back to dream world😍....its one of my fav. songs...i listen to it 24/7😳

Loved Amrita, Bipasha, Sredevi, Rani's performance on the 60's, 70s, 80s, and 90s era...too good choreographed!

OMG...during one of the commercials'....i told mom n sis...i miss juhi..haven't seen her in looonggg time..n...haila...as soon as i say that...the awards are back on...n...srk introduces juhi...i was like...nuhuh...im dreaming aren't i...omg...she looked sooo preety...hope she does movies😳

And hailaa...my sweetooo was lookin sooo sweet...n...hayeee...that too in suit and hailaa...w/beard....u know my haal....goner!!...i fainted everytime he came on screen!!😳...n...hayeee...he cried when Jayaji got her award 😭 ...but loved what She n Javed saab said..."Forget it"...i was like πŸ˜†

And OMG!...when Ash came to give award to Abhi...hailaaa...i was waiting for Karisma..to c her reaction...hehe...she must've been jealous...heh!...she deserves it πŸ˜›

One thing i thought wasn't right was...Hrithik for best actor...where i believed Sanjay deserved it for Lage Raho...

Luved it when Srk said "no more remaking big b films" and when Vidhu Vinod Chopra said to Srk.."It does not mean you talk like this when i don't cast you in my film"...way to gooooo Vinod...that's the spirit! πŸ₯³

Hated the way Srk was mocking Aamir...common SRK...sab aapki tarah free to nahin hain! πŸ˜›

And when the thing for D2 came for Best Picture...i was thinking Hrithik aayega...lekin i was shocked when Abhi came...*hayee i drooled again*....and i was shocked!..cuz i thought Hrithik was the actor in D2..not Abhi! πŸ˜•

And hailaa...everytime Abhi came on screen...i would jump...hehe..n..its soo obvious that Abhi-Ash love each other immensly...u could tell...in their eyesπŸ€“

but overall....drooling, crying, and jumping was the thing last night!...had a blast! πŸ˜ƒ

*not meant to offened ANY Srk Fans*

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

πŸ‘WOW!!! CLUB 8!!! WE ROCK ROCK ROCK!!!πŸ‘

Haila Pachu...alas u chose to show up!!! 😳

That SRK...I am sick of him..the way he jibed abt Big B and the way he mocked Abhi abt Dhoom 2...it was really bad...he is sooo   πŸ˜³

Hrithik didnt deserve it for D2...Sanjay did for sure...Hrithik had absolutely nothing to act in the film 😑 🀒

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Hey Guys,

Again..yea I know..but i just got this new siggy made by laxs di and i just wanted to show it off!!!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

How do ya'll like it??? I'm totally in love with it!!!!!

Thanks Laxs DI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ€—

lolz..Uma...U are hilarious yaarπŸ˜† No thanks yaar...we are friends!!!😊😳

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow our club's # 8 is rolling in and rocking-cool!!!!!!!
Bachchan;s rocks for sure-no doubt abt it- πŸ‘ 😊 πŸ˜‰

cheers
monika

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Holi Party 2007

Hey everyone,

Holi is this weekend for all Hindus and every Bachchan fan knows that Big B is famous for his Holi spirit and his Holi songs!

As we start our new fan club, let's put some colors in for Holi.

Let's celebrate a mini-Holi in our Bachchans World!!

Everyone will post a Holi song that has Big B in it (posted in bright, pretty colors!!)

001-Holi

Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago
umi82990 thumbnail

Big B's Cheeni Kum similar to Nishabd ?

Vajir Singh

Mumbai, February 27, 2007

It's happened with two other films before this – Toofan and Jaadugar, both with Amitabh Bachchan, both released one after the other. Both failed to bring in audiences. The reason: since Bachchan played a magician in both, audiences felt the two films resembled each other too closely.

History is apparently repeating itself, again with Amitabh Bachchan. Two of his films, Nishabd and Cheeni Kum are both said to be based on the same theme: an older man falling in love with a much younger girl/woman.

Nishabd  is scheduled to release this Friday but it'll be a while before Cheeni Kum hits the screens. A source says Cheeni Kum's director, Balkrishnan, was shocked when he saw parts of Nishabd  a couple of days ago.

"Cheeni Kum is being edited by Chandan Arora, who is Ram Gopal Varma's protge. Arora apparently helped Balkrishnan see the film." Balkrishnan, however, denies the rumour and says, "The two movies are complete opposites of each other. There's no similarity."

Asked if he had seen Nishabd, he says, "I've not seen the whole film, only parts of it. I assure you it is completely different from my film." Reminded that both movies share the same premise he replies, "My film is a classic love story and there is no term called 'elderly' in it. I agree there is a big age difference between my two protagonists, Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu, but that's it."

Balkrishan also insists Nishabd's release will not hurt the prospects of his debut film. "My film is complete but we don't want to release it during the Cricket World Cup. It will release on May 18," he says. On a parting note Balkrishan says, "Apart from being a love story, Cheeni Kum is a comedy and Nishabd is not."

umi82990 thumbnail

Casting coup? 
By Taran Adarsh, February 27, 2007 - 03:25 IST
They ruled the roost in the 1970s and 1980s. Amitabh Bachchan and Vinod Khanna, the dynamic team that featured in several blockbuster hits then, are likely to be teamed in S. Raamanathan's new film, if all goes well. In fact, Raamanathan, who has produced a string of films with Bachchan [including ZAMAANAT], is also keen on casting Akshaye Khanna and Kajol in pivotal roles.

"I'm working on the script and have had informal talks with Amit-ji and Vinod-ji," the veteran film-maker reveals, "They were a popular team in the 1970s and it's a desire to cast them in my new film. But the fact is that I haven't narrated the script yet." Will Raamanathan direct the film himself? "I need to take a call on that. I may entrust the directorial responsibilities to someone else," he divulges.

What about Akshaye and Kajol? Has he spoken to the two actors? "I did speak to Akshaye, but, like I said earlier, it all depends on how impressed they are with the script. As for Kajol, I haven't approached her yet, nor spoken to her about the film. I am keen to cast her," Raamanathan states.

Meanwhile, Raamanathan has pushed the release of ZAMAANAT ahead by two weeks. Initially slated for release on 2nd March, the film will hit the screens on 16th March now. "It's not right to release two Amitabh Bachchan films in one week [NISHABD releases on 2nd March]. In fact, Amit-ji was also of the opinion that the two films shouldn't clash on the same date. Hence, the postponement by two weeks," the veteran adds.
umi82990 thumbnail

Ash still getting Hollywood offers

Los Angeles, Feb 27 (IANS) Bollywood queen Aishwarya Rai continues to get offers from Hollywood despite getting engaged to Abhishek Bachchan, says her international manager Simone Sheffield. 

Rubbishing reports that the engagement had spiked Aishwarya's Hollywood prospects, Sheffield told www.hollywood.tv: 'Everyone is thrilled with her engagement and we have received thousands of email and cards from her well-wishers.'

Aishwarya is one of the few Indian actresses known in Hollywood, particularly after her 'Bride and Prejudice'. Her 'Last Legion' is releasing in Britain, Germany, Italy and Spain in April.

She also got an offer to act in 'Provoked', which got rave reviews at film festivals worldwide. 'Provoked' is also slated for an April release in the US, Britain and India during the Easter weekend, Sheffield said.

Asked if Aishwarya has any future in Hollywood, Sheffield said: 'Yes, by all means. But it is totally up to her what films she chooses to accept.

'She got many offers but she did not accept the roles due to the subject matter, script or schedule. It will take an extra special film to get her back here working in Hollywood in the future.'

She also said that Aishwarya was being considered for the roles for not only her looks but acting skills as well.

'Her acting abilities are subtle, quiet yet strong and her beauty just screams in your face. But take note, she has done quite a few films that downplay her beauty. To Aishwarya, beauty is temporary but real beauty is within and eternal.'

She admits that her films have not done extraordinarily well but that critics have been supportive of her.

'Her films did just okay but she received the most encouraging reviews. The critics have been good to her (in Hollywood) and looking forward to her future Hollywood releases. When she makes a live appearance, top photographers make it a point to be present there.'

umi82990 thumbnail
Yash Raj to release five movies in 2007
By Businessofcinema.com Team

27 February 2007, 04:00 PM

MUMBAI: Yash Raj Films on Tuesday announced that it would release five films in 2007, and another shortly after, in January 2008.

The first YRF release of the year is Ta Ra Rum Pum, the sophomore effort of Siddharth Anand (who has earlier directed Salaam Namaste) on 27 April, 2007. The film stars Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherji. The theatrical promos of the film are already out, depicting the unusual story of a race car driver.

Shaad Ali's third directorial venture Jhoom Barabar Jhoom will release next, on 15 July, 2007. The film boasts a stellar cast, comprising Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, and Amitabh Bachchan in a special appearance. Ali has earlier directed Bunty Aur Babli for Yash Raj and also Saathiya

Chak De India, slated to hit screens on 10 August, 2007, is the production house's third release of the year. Directed by Shimit Amin, it stars Shah Rukh Khan and promises to change the perspective towards sports themed films in India.

Pradeep Sarkar's Laga Chunri Mein Daag, will be unveiled on 12 October, 2007, to coincide with the festive season, and will hope to hope to satisfy connoisseurs and masses alike with its sensitive portrayal of strong women. The film stars Jaya Bachchan, Rani Mukherji, Konkona Sen Sharma, Kunal Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan.

<> YRF's last offering for 2007, slated for a 30 November 2007, is Aaja Nachle, with which cinematographer Anil Mehta makes his directorial debut and Madhuri Dixit Nene stages her comeback.

Yash Raj plans to kick off 2008 with Tashan. Directed by Vijay Crishna Acharya (the screenplay and dialogue writer of Dhoom and Dhoom:2), this film will bring Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan together again. It also stars Anil Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor.

2007 will also mark a difference in functioning for YRF, with the production house moving to a studio style of functioning. With the YRF studios fully operational, Yash Raj Films will be capable of independently handling pre-production, production and post-production work, besides marketing, licensing and merchandising and global distribution.

<> function fncontent_rate(x) { var cid=2490;var type='';var loc='http://66.29.31.3/~busines';var uid=''; loc=loc+'/generic/components/storyrating.php?file='+ type+'&&rate='+x+'&uid='+uid; window.open(loc,'r atings','width=500,height=550'); window.history.go(); }