Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Folk Aficionados

Posted: 25 days ago

Originally posted by: Bee222

What if there are 2 instruments prominent in that part and I'm choosing one of them? Like a guitar and piano playing together. Is that allowed? Or does it have to be only one instrument that's prominent?

I think you must be able to single out the instrument. You can have more instruments playing in the bg of course ...like a drum beat is always there to maintain tempo, but the one instrument should be distinguishable.

But I'll leave this one for Koeli to answer

Posted: 24 days ago

For round 2, turns out there is gonna be a hiccup for *I*?  I can’t PM viewbies. I can only send PMs to moderators. Y’all can thank Vijay for enforcing these arbitrary rules on those of us doing the time for our e-crimes. So my question is can I PM my round 2 entry to Koeli instead of you, Lizzie? 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Folk Aficionados

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

For round 2, turns out there is gonna be a hiccup for *I*?  I can’t PM viewbies. I can only send PMs to moderators. Y’all can thank Vijay for enforcing these arbitrary rules on those of us doing the time for our e-crimes. So my question is can I PM my round 2 entry to Koeli instead of you, Lizzie? 

Yes you can send it to Koeli.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Folk Aficionados

Originally posted by: Bee222

What if there are 2 instruments prominent in that part and I'm choosing one of them? Like a guitar and piano playing together. Is that allowed? Or does it have to be only one instrument that's prominent?

Bee, clarification on your query. It's fine if there are 2 instruments playing, if both are prominent and distinguishable. In that case, tell us what both of the instruments are, you don't have to pick a single one since they will both be prominent.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago

I am wondering if organizers/mods of VOIF 2024 are able to provide everyone with possible deadlines for the next couple of rounds? 

As an example

Round 2

Voting: DATE and TIME

Round 3

Submission due by DATE and TIME

Round 4

Submission due by DATE and TIME

Most members are not able to check IF regularly due to work and life. Since the voting is only open for 24 hours it would be helpful to everyone, so they know when to expect the next couple of rounds. It doesn't have to be exact dates, but approximate dates would help.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 23 days ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Folk Aficionados

Posted: 22 days ago

Hi Petrichor80,

There would be many factors that come in the way of our being able to tell you exact dates, especially because we are being relaxed about submissions. We want everyone to stay till the end and would like to be flexible and accommodate reasonable requests for extensions (if they do come). So given that, I do not know how to predict accurate dates.

All I can tell you is:

Voting threads are usually posted within 24 hours of the deadline provided there are no extensions granted. In that case it would be 24 hours of the extended deadline.

Voting will last for 24 hours, and the next round will usually be launched simultaneously, give or take a few hours

We try to give about 7-10 days for each round. Again, this would depend on if there are extensions or not.

The plan is to have 5 rounds.

Based on this, you may be able to calculate rough dates for voting for each round.

I'm sorry I cannot give you a more accurate estimate than this.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Hi Petrichor80,

There would be many factors that come in the way of our being able to tell you exact dates, especially because we are being relaxed about submissions. We want everyone to stay till the end and would like to be flexible and accommodate reasonable requests for extensions (if they do come). So given that, I do not know how to predict accurate dates.

All I can tell you is:

Voting threads are usually posted within 24 hours of the deadline provided there are no extensions granted. In that case it would be 24 hours of the extended deadline.

Voting will last for 24 hours, and the next round will usually be launched simultaneously, give or take a few hours

We try to give about 7-10 days for each round. Again, this would depend on if there are extensions or not.

The plan is to have 5 rounds.

Based on this, you may be able to calculate rough dates for voting for each round.

I'm sorry I cannot give you a more accurate estimate than this.

I understand. Your post is helpful and gives me a rough idea, so I appreciate it.

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I understand. Your post is helpful and gives me a rough idea, so I appreciate it.

Yes, Lizzie is very helpful.smiley27

BTW, Jab tak next round ki entries aati hain, You can share your song recording with me, 2 min restriction bhi nhi hai, na hi koi theme, jo marzi gaana hai gaaosmiley31

The badge, for VOIF participant , is not visible .

Please check Dear Koeli . 

D3viL thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Originally posted by: Shirsha

The judges said my selection of song for round 1 was not good. So, I'm scared to attempt any song for round 2 now. And after seeing my score (57), I think I'll be eliminated soon. 

Shirsha .. I've been meaning to come here and tell you that I really enjoyed your song, I was surprised by the score as well..well everybody's scores lolol I hope you are feeling better.

I love listening to your voice the most, for me it's original, peppy and I really enjoy your voice even your Bengali song which I have listened to btw! Please don't be disheartened.. we all know what a wonderful singer you are and we love listening to you