whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 22 days ago

Dedicated to Pinecone - thank you for the request smiley27

In the quiet hours of the night, when the world seemed to hold its breath and the darkness wrapped around her like a lover's embrace, Abhira found herself sitting by the window, watching Armaan sleep. The moonlight spilled through the curtains, casting a soft glow upon his features, highlighting his well-built physique and the gentle rise and fall of his chest as he breathed in slumber.

Abhira stifled a slight chuckle - Armaan was meticulous about his appearance, even in sleep. His hair, always perfectly styled, lay in neat ripples against the pillow, a testament to his fussy insistence on it being set just right. 

As he slept, his features relaxed, softening the lines of worry that seemed to etch themselves into his face during waking hours. Behind closed lids, his piercing green eyes lay hidden, windows to a soul that Abhira longed to explore. And even in sleep, a faint hint of that hearty smile of his graced his lips, a reminder of the warmth that lay buried beneath his stoic facade.

Abhira looked away as she felt that familiar longing stir within her again. But as she did so, the awareness that she was in her childhood home, struck her again, and memories of her mother flooded her mind like a torrential downpour. She could still see Akshara's smile, hear her laughter echoing through the halls of their home. She could still feel the warmth of her mother's embrace, the gentle caress of her hand against her cheek. And yet, no matter how hard she tried, she could never bring her mother back.

The tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision, as her heart whispered into the silent darkness, "Mumma, I miss you, Mumma. I miss you so much."

And in that moment, as the weight of her grief threatened to crush her beneath its heavy burden, Abhira felt more alone than ever. It was a loneliness that consumed her, a hollow ache that seemed to stretch on for eternity. For in losing her mother, she had lost a piece of herself, a part of her soul that could never be replaced.

She longed for the comfort of her mother's arms, the soothing sound of her voice, but all she found was the empty silence of the night. And as she watched Armaan sleep, a bitter knot formed in the pit of her stomach. She longed to reach out to him, to seek solace in his arms, but she held back, reminding herself that he saw her as nothing more than a responsibility, a burden he was forced to bear in the aftermath of her mother's sacrifice. And no matter how much she wished it were otherwise, she knew that she could never truly be his.

But still, the desire burned within her, a flame that refused to be extinguished. She longed to feel his touch, to lose herself in the depths of his embrace. And yet, even as the longing consumed her, she knew that it was nothing more than a cruel fantasy, a dream that could never be realized.

As the night stretched on, Abhira's thoughts turned to the past, to the days before her world had been shattered by tragedy. She remembered the warmth of her mother's love, the laughter that had filled their home… And then, in a moment of painful clarity, Abhira realized just how alone she truly was. Her mother was gone, her father a distant memory, and Armaan, the man she had been forced to marry, saw her only as a burden to be borne, an imposed responsibility, a constant reminder of a tragedy that had torn their lives apart.

Ruhi’s oft-repeated words echoed in her mind like a cruel taunt, reminding her of her place in his life, in this world. She was ungrateful for the favours that were being bestowed upon her, a freeloader, a liability that they had no choice but to bear. It weighed heavily on her mind, a constant source of guilt and shame.

She hated that her mother's actions had made her into some object of pity, a symbol of sacrifice and loss. She hated that she was being seen as a burden, a bojh that they had to carry for the rest of their lives.

It was a harsh reality, one that threatened to crush her beneath its weight, but she refused to give in to despair. She would find a way to endure, to survive, no matter the cost. But even as she made this silent vow to herself, Abhira couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that gnawed at her soul. She longed for something more, something beyond the confines of duty and obligation. She longed for a love that was unshackled, a love that would set her free.

And as the tears continued to fall, Abhira knew that she would never find that love in Armaan. He was a prisoner of his own guilt, trapped in a world of his own making, and she was nothing more than a reminder of the pain he had caused. It was a bitter truth, one that tore at her heart with every passing moment, but she refused to let it break her. She would endure, she would survive, and she would find a way to carve out a life of her own, no matter the obstacles that stood in her way.

In the darkest corners of her heart, Abhira knew that she would always be haunted by the ghost of what could have been. She would always wonder what might have happened if fate had been kinder, if she had been given the chance to choose her own path. As the darkness closed in around her, she knew that she was destined to spend the rest of her days yearning for a love that could never be hers, even after she would have parted ways with Armaan.

She shook herself - Enough, Abhira, enough. 

A deep breath. 

She could not be weak. Her mother had taught her better. 

Abhira's eyes fell on the piece of paper that bore the agreement she had prepared acknowledging her debt to Armaan, the one Armaan had refused to sign. If only he knew how important it was for her that he sign that agreement... 

For she knew no way out of this crushing pain, but to try to grasp on to the faint remnants of self-respect that she still had. There was no other way. She would have to find a way to pay Armaan back for the money he was spending on her. Perhaps that might reduce the guilt she felt for burdening him and his family with her presence. She could never truly repay all that Armaan had done for her, that there was so much more to it than just money. But still, she had to try. Yes, she would pay him in due course... and before that, she needed this financial arrangement to be formalized in a written agreement… an agreement she could look back on everyday as a reminder of the reality of their relationship. 

She couldn't afford to get swayed away into believing that he was hers, that his family was truly her family. Heck, she was not even his best friend. That place was Ruhi's.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shamitashah1001 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Beautiful writing....the way you managed to write Abhiram thoughts is so good.....Since, you are such a sweet person that you wrote when someone else asked you ....will you please write one for me....a take on armaan's jealousy after Abhira had a heartbreak and she is trying to involve herself in college activities eventually leading to male friends while she has started maintaining distance from him. She is now no more emotionally available for him.....and he is going crazy.....insecure and possessive 

.......please will you write on....jab bhi time mile tab likhna aap koi jaldi nhi Hai....par please give it a try if any other writer is reading these you also try to write please🙏 🫣

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

OMG, I am in tears. This is SO SO well written!

I loved it. Thank you for this

We need more pieces by you. please keep writing. 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Hopefully you can write a piece around current track too. Its depressing to see Armaan being so easily manipulated. A man like him who cant even think about everything and simply agrees to divorce Abhira just coz Ruhi said so- he doesn't deserve abhira in his life even as a friend. He doesn't have any regard for Abhira over Ruhi's guilt tripping. 

Look forward to reading  more from you

whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shamitashah1001

Beautiful writing....the way you managed to write Abhiram thoughts is so good.....Since, you are such a sweet person that you wrote when someone else asked you ....will you please write one for me....a take on armaan's jealousy after Abhira had a heartbreak and she is trying to involve herself in college activities eventually leading to male friends while she has started maintaining distance from him. She is now no more emotionally available for him.....and he is going crazy.....insecure and possessive 

.......please will you write on....jab bhi time mile tab likhna aap koi jaldi nhi Hai....par please give it a try if any other writer is reading these you also try to write please🙏 🫣

Aww, thank you so much! smiley27 I'll definitely write a jealousy type track soon! Would be a bit longer than an OS, so it requires some planning. Thanks for the prompt - I find it quite fun to write something that's been requested! 

whimsical thumbnail

Thank you so so much @ Pinecone! I'm so glad you liked it!! And definitely, I'll try to write something based on the current track soon.. might merge it with @Shamitashah1001's prompt as well smiley4 I'm on it, no worries!

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hauntingly Beautiful!

smiley31

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

Lovely. Look forward to reading. 

Shamitashah1001 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

Originally posted by: whimsical

Aww, thank you so much! smiley27 I'll definitely write a jealousy type track soon! Would be a bit longer than an OS, so it requires some planning. Thanks for the prompt - I find it quite fun to write something that's been requested! 

Thank you...... looking forward to reading it, do tag me....also if you like writing things that have been requested its great, whenever you find spare time , please take few of my ideas from the prompt idea fanfic section amd write on those as well... specially the one in which they both get awkward after pregnancy talks , I think it's cute and interesting..... xoxo ❤️

Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

IT would be nice if Armaan realizes how he makes Abhira feel when he speaks of zimmedari and allows Ruhi to taunt her without objecting.  perhaps he can come across her diary entry accidentally. He himself has been made to feel unwanted and as a bojh by Poddars for a long time until he became the golden boy, problem solver, accomplished professionally. If anyone can understand the burden of feeling like a bojh its him but he has inflicted the same on Abhira. Atleast he had a biological stake and claim on Pddars but Abhira toh has nothing. Can you write a sequel to this at somepoint