Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

The writers are doing an awesome job with Abhira. 

She is SO lovable and relatable. Her conflicts, her morals, her ideals are all very well depicted 

I find it wonderful to see how she handles the conflicts in her mind. 

She wants to lean on Armaan, count on him, embrace the family she's always craved but she has to deal with the fact that she's not his choice or family choice. Its twisted  how shes got the family she craved in such a manner. 

She's constantly reminded that she is a bojh, zabardasti zimmedari, ungrateful, freeloader etc. That weighs so much on her mind. 

She hates that her mom's actions of saving a life have made her into some object of pity and she's being seen as a liability and bojh. Thats why she is so insistent on paying back atleast monetarily everything she can she can reduce her guilt at burdening them but she herself has acknowledged to Armaan that she can never actually pay back all his "ehsaans" because there's more than just money. Money ka hisaab rakh kar payback kar bhi legi jitna mumkin hai , but she can't pay back the security- emotional and physical and warmth, support she acknowledges he gives her. She acknowledges that he even goes against family sometimes to support her. 

She has also acknowledged that Armaan wont ask her back for money because he is too nice and also because hes in a very rich family that this money he spends on her is not a big deal for him. Its not like he has lost all his savings to bear her kharche too. But she's wanting to pay back to reduce her own guilt and for her self respect. The reason she wants it on paper is because she needs it to be formalized. A written reminder of what the reality of the equation is and what she needs to do so that she doesn't get swayed away into believing that Armaan and Poddars are really her family. 

Her involvement in family matters to help people is both out of inability to stay quiet when something wrong happens because of her idealism and also as a way to payback because the least she can do for family  in exhange for roti, kapda, makaan is to bring smiles on their faces. 

She has actually fulfilled every bahu responsibility without even meaning to. She takes care of elders and youngsters. She protects the family as if it were really her own. She cooks and organizes events like bahu is expected to. And as evidenced by her drunk holi confession- guilt of hiding deal shaadi from family really weighs on her. 

Its heart wrenching to see her struggle with wanting acceptance, wanting a family but also deliberately distancing herself from it so that she doesn't get too attached. 

Her periodic reminders of deal, money payback, not being family ka hissa is to remind herself and not to guilt anyone else. 

She has clearly said that she doesn't hold Armaam accountable for her moms decision. In one impulsive moment of grief she was angry at him for coming to "save" them because she'd rather be married to Yuvraj than have her mumma dead. But she realized that was irrational and has never brought up her mom taking a bullet to save him in a way to make him feel indebted. She knows the pain of feeling like a bojh now since she married him and does not want Armaan to feel that way too. 

Watching her fall in love, get attracted to Armaan is also beautiful. She blushes, she dreams about  the man but then she also catches herself and reminds herself not to be delulu and focus on her ambitions. Its so realistic. 

To me Abhira is a wonderfully etched character. Despite her deep rooted maturity and wisdom well beyond her years, she is overtly seen as a childlike, hyper, talkative, fun person. She is a ray of sunshine despite having so many conflicts and loneliness buried deep within her. 

She is the type of person that counts her blessings instead of wallowing in grief or self pity. 

When she feels burdened, she tries to get it off her chest by dealing with it. She will talk about it, takes concrete steps. 

She also is capable of sacrificing or staying quiet sometimes just to maintain peace and happiness. 

She forgives easily and lives in the moment fully.

She sees good in everyone - even Kaveri, Ruhi, phupha who have been cruel to her. She still respects them for who they are as individuals. She hates Sanjays parenting style but she acknowledges that he does love his kids and is good at his profession. She hates Ruhis behavior but is the first person to stand up to defend her , console her and care for her too. She does things genuinely and not to use it as a tool to manipulate. 

She is SO well rounded as a character without coming  across as holier than thou. 

She has her flaws- her impulsiveness, her over enthusiasm, etc. but its such a big part of her personality that it makes her who she is. 

I am absolutely in love with Abhira. 

I love how her dialogues are written and how Sam delivers it. She lives and breathes Abhira. 

I really hope gen 4 yrkkh doesn't go ghum s1 route. 

Before Abhira there was another  starplus FL Sai who embodied pretty much the same traits but she sadly had a miserable life and eventual death. I want Abhira to be able to enjoy everything Sai did not get in her life even though she deserved it. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fortnight thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

This is so beautifully written.smiley42 Abhira is definitely one of my favourite itv FL (i hope they don't ruin her character in future). 

She's not the typical mahaan FL. I love her especially when she confronts an elder whether it be Dadisa or Sanjay Phuphasa. She knows how to give it back at the same time she's caring, lovable and kind. The best part about her character is her childlike innocence. The writers have done an excellent job in portraying Abhira accordingly to her age. She's supposed to be 22-23 as per the show and her attraction towards Armaan feels so natural and relatable and not cringey. 

Abhira has my heart and I can't wait for her to become the everyone's favourite in the PH. Because i know she will be one day and more than anyone it will be dadisa who'll be fond of her.

Abhira's character also reminds me of Naira and Og Akshara. 

Swathi.A thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Abhira is certainly my favourite because of the kind of man her father Abhinav was..❤️

If at all she was wrong I would have definitely disliked her and quit watching series but she is everything but wrong..😎

I wish she becomes even more ambitious and understands to treat people the way ,she is being treated..keep herself,her education,her self respect as her primary priority ..

Her mom suffered the most because she lacked in all these departments result of which she became sacrificial goat and had to even die as sacrifice to save her daughter's life..😢

I really wish she keeps herself her top priority and in short kaam se kaam rakho abhira 🤬🤭 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Agree. But i think she's too idealistic, she's craved family and  knows the pain of not having one and she's now being repeatedly fed the "ungrateful, bojh"  waale taunts. That will always play on her subconscious mind making her do things for family that she otherwise may not have done thinking its not her business. 

honeyrosid-6 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

after mouli...she is my fav Fl..smiley27 i wish they wont make her typical itv bahu

Swathi.A thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Agree. But i think she's too idealistic, she's craved family and  knows the pain of not having one and she's now being repeatedly fed the "ungrateful, bojh"  waale taunts. That will always play on her subconscious mind making her do things for family that she otherwise may not have done thinking its not her business. 

.yes.. she can do for people who do good to her .. reciprocate love and respect..

If she does for people who only insult/cheat her then that is what I don't want her to do..

Pinecone thumbnail

Ya but she seems to do it more for Armaan - because they are his family. So in return for all the support he gives her, she supports his family. She feels obliged to. 

ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Abhira Sharma is unique, smart, intelligent, resilient and most of all FL who isn't delusional, mahan or OTT. Someone who is adored by elders of the family like Madhav and Meenu. Someone who gave voice to Dadisa's puppet like Vidya. Someone who changed the rules of patriarchal family that family's girls can't have an ambition. A girl who is the voice of today's generation for whom dreams can't be forgotten because of family pressure. Abhira follows her heart, mind and soul & voices her opinion without being suave or diplomatic that's what makes her unique. She is realistic, makes mistakes and learns from them. She is the change we want to see in today's fictional world.

SereneWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 days ago

I adore Abhirasmiley27 The writing for her character has been so good so far. Like I have some complaints with some writing choices but there are so many things about her character that plesantly surprise me. The way she addresses her issues so accurately. Its so rare to see communication happening in ITV's world of silent sulking and misunderstandings lol. How she forgives like most FLs do but doesnt forget and calls things out. How she is a itty bitty egoistic but melts in seconds and doesnt hesitate to bow down to apologise or correct her mistakes. Even when she does something selfless her actions are reasonable from her pov. She holds Armaans sleeves or hides in fear of dadisa but doesnt hesitate to raise her voice when she sees wrong infront of her even against that very dadisa when everyone else has their mouth shut in fear. She is not a topper like how most shows depict their FL when the FL is supposed to be career oriented but she is capable and good at what she does. She makes mistakes, messes up, she is chaotic in actions and brings chaos around her but she also brings life wherever she goes with her bright smile, witty comebacks, bad pjs, jugaadu dimag and emotional maturity. She is so well written(so far!) that even in all the chaos of onscreen and offscreen I can keep up with the show for her. 

Edited by SereneWorld - 17 days ago
Pinecone thumbnail
Posted: 17 days ago

absolutely agree. you have written it more succinctly and nicely than I could.