Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Ofcourse a frivolous actress like her would be the first one to run away from the challenge of playing Maya

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zara321

I agree with kajol, preity and abhisheks characters were so nice, they were making effort to try and make their marriages work, I didn't understand why rani and srk weren't happy in their marriages except for that they just weren't happy with themselves, but that does not mean they can go out and have an affair and hurt their partners and families so much 

I understood why SRK Preity marriage was not working because Dev could never digest his failure and Riya's success. However, I did not understand the problem in Maya and Rishi's marriage. KJO failed to capture it through the writing . Therefore the cheating looks worse from Maya's side. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

The movie would have been fine.....if the ending was not so bad......2 cheaters getting a happy ending??? Nah?? They should have both been shipped to a desert and given a spoon to dig graves for elephants in the scorching heat....smiley22 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

I understood why SRK Preity marriage was not working because Dev could never digest his failure and Riya's success. However, I did not understand the problem in Maya and Rishi's marriage. KJO failed to capture it through the writing . Therefore the cheating looks worse from Maya's side. 

Maya and Rishi's marriage made the most sense to me. She's not in love with him. He's like a brother to her and she married him because she felt obligated to him and his father for being her only family. Also he was like a child and between that and her guilt for not being able to have a child, this marriage was a disaster in the making. 

It doesn't matter how good to Maya that Rishi is (and even that's questionable because he didn't share any of her interests and basically always did what he wanted as an overgrown child), if she's not in love with him, she never will love him the same way. Hence her question to Dev before her marriage about what happens if the love she's been seeking she only finds after her marriage. 

Sam is the only one who understood Maya and that this marriage was a bad fit for her. He's always sympathetic towards her because he knows that while Rishi is not bad at heart, he's not suited for Maya and will never be what she wants him to be and vice-versa.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

KANK is my favorite movie. I think SRK and Rani's chemistry in this was unparalleled and I think KANK is one of Rani's best performances and my personal favorite. I liked Kajol in Fanaa but Rani should have won the Filmfare. 

Kajol has always had issues with Rani and her negative comments here reek of jealousy. She could never have pulled this role off.

NINALOGY thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

KANK is a problematic film for sure, since it justifies adultery in a way, for the longest time I hated it, but growing up I realised human beings are flawed and their relationships are complex. I do believe in loyalty and integrity but KANK tried exploring concept of unhappy marriages and where it often leads to, not everyone cheats but most human beings are capable of it. Of course Dev and Maya were so selfish and big time a**holes but even if Abhishek’s character was a nice guy, Maya wasn’t obligated to love him, I think she was marrying him because she felt it her duty, since her husband and his father were pretty much the only family she had. Dev was a bitter man, he became more and more insecure after his accident, may be because his wife became the sole bread earner of the family and her success, career etc along with his inability to do anything for himself he just couldn’t digest, I don’t know I guess their marriage was already on the rocks. Anyway Dev and Maya both deserved each other since both committed adultery and both were big time losers smiley14

Whatever the reason but cheating can't justified. In their case, problem was not in their marriages but problem was in themselves. They were just not losers but such thankless, selfish souls, who were at fault but were pretending like they are victim 🙄 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: Bekind

Thank you Kajolsmiley32 I will never watch the movie again. If one is having problem with their partner, talk it out or ask for a divorce.

that movie was nightmare 

loginidran thumbnail

Cheating without taking a divorce is a pretty common thing in real life and for once we cannot blame KJo for inventing it.😆 KANK story is pretty real but since it wasn’t some biopic or a true story based movie, KJo could’ve easily made it end on Maya dumping the sore behind of Devand vice versa. That’s my only problem with the movie.

Edited by loginidran - 1 months ago
ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I hated this movie when I was young.

As an adult, when I rewatched, I found both SRK and Rani's character flawed yet realistic for certain kind of people. 

The movie portrayed the whys, hows and intricacies of cheating and the effect infedility has on families correctly.

What I still find problematic is how the movie paints the affair in a romantic light and kind of pretends that SRK and Rani were justified in what they did.

Show infedility if you want but dont justify it - that should have been the approach.