Nainasehgal89 thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Poor shree😭😭😭 but nice bonding of the team 

Loved ariya😍😍😍😍

bloomie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 days ago

That was a lovely update

Arjun and Riya are slowly coming closer. Her giving those roses to Arjun was so adorable. 

Ab maasi Riya jaisi ho bachon se panga lene waala koi bevkuf hi hoga. They actually beat up a senior for their friend!

Ugh! that principal, I'm glad his ego came crashing down the second Riya threatened a lawsuit. kar hi dena chahiye tha. in fact, not just the gang of bullies but the principal should have been punished too. Aise authority figures ki wajah se hi in logon ki himmat badhti hai

From the beginning Shree's anger was giving a clear indication that something similar must have happened to him. At least Neeraj found the comfort that he wasn't able to at his time.

Do continue soon

plmzaq thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 days ago

Nice update 

Love it 

Cont soon 

Thanks for pm 

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 days ago

I have seen a few friends who had still not come out to fam and all.. Only close friends know 

I have seen struggle of one esp up close.. She used to say I am. Unlucky I fell in love with u who is straight and can never give reciprocate.. But I am. Glad u are not freaked 

It's acceptance that matters that all.. U don't need to agree or support.. Just don't go against their basic rights 

It was a beautiful update

Gold.Abrol thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Waiting for the update dear 🙂 

rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 days ago

I have been not feeling well since past 4-5 days. That’s why the update is delayed. Sorry about that. I will try to update soon.

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Originally posted by: rosamale

I have been not feeling well since past 4-5 days. That’s why the update is delayed. Sorry about that. I will try to update soon.

Take good care of yourself & hopefully you recover soon 🤗 

rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Sorry for being late.

Chapter 7 – Conflicting Emotions

Sameer was getting ready to sleep when his phone rang. He checked the caller ID and saw that it was Riya. He checked the time and it was close to 10PM. Riya never calls him that late so he was a bit worried while picking.

“Riya, is everything alright?”

He could hear her chuckling from the other side.

“Hi Sameer. Yes. Everything is fine. I just need to inform you something and ask a favour, that’s why I called.”

“Ok. What is it?”

“We are going on a mission. We should be back within a week.”

Sameer knew that by “we” she meant herself, Karan and Tasha. It was the first time since they joined ETF that they were going on a mission. As Raghu sir mentioned previously, even though they were in ETF, they still need to go on the Pack missions.

“Ok Riya. Officially we will say that your team is assisting another team for next week. That way Sakshi and Liza will not ask more questions. By the way, what is the favour you want from me?”

For a moment, silence prevailed from the other side. He could feel that she was hesitating.

“Come on Riya. I consider you as a friend.You can ask me for favours without hesitating.”

He could hear her taking a deep breath.

“Normally when we go on Mission, Rukmini amma takes care of Aryan, Nila, Choco and Mimi. Rukmini amma is an old friend of dad and she has been living with us since dad died 5 years ago. Last week she went back to her village to see her family and she won’t be back for another two weeks. I don’t want to call her as she normally doesn’t get much time to spend with them. That brings me to the issue at hand. Since this mission came last minute. I don’t have anyone trustworthy to look after them, except ETF team. I already spoke to Arjun and he has agreed to take care of them until I come back. The problem is that Aryan and Nila’s school is on two weeks break. So, they would be free during the daytime as well. Would you mind if all four of them came to ETF office with Arjun during working hours? Don’t worry, Aryan and Nila are well behaved kids and they will look after Choco and Mimi.”

She finished in one go. She knew that it was a big ask. For a moment Sameer thought about his friend.

“Will the kids and dogs stay at Arjun’s place or will Arjun come to your house?”

“They will stay at Arjun’s place.”

It was a good excuse to spend time in Arjun’s place and no one would doubt, thought Sameer. He was broken out of his reverie by Riya’s voice.

“Sameer… are you there?”

“Yes… It is perfectly fine… Don’t worry, we will look after them. You concentrate on your mission and return safely.”, said Sameer.

He could hear her letting out a breath of relief at this assurance. After exchanging some parting words, she cut the call.

Next Day in ETF

Arjun and Sameer came to the office early that day as they knew that Riya would be coming there to drop the kids off. What they didn’t expect was Chotu and Shree to arrive early as well.

“Chotu, Shree, you are early today!”, exclaimed Arjun.

“Well sir, Karan told me about their mission. So, I just wanted to say bye”, said Shree with an embarrassed smile.

“Tasha told me. Like Shree, I also came to see them”, prompted Chotu.

Sameer couldn’t help but smile at this. It was not just Riya who has become an integral part of the team, but also Karan and Tasha. The siblings can be as different as day and night, but they had a lot more in common when you peel their layers. Karan became close to Shree after the debacle in the school whereas Chotu had his eyes set on Tasha the first time they met.

Sameer was pulled out of his thoughts by the arrival of the trio with the kids, Choco and Mimi. As soon as the kids came, they were going to go straight to Arjun, but was blocked by an ecstatic Mimi and Choco. Everyone chuckled seeing their enthusiasm as once again Arjun was bowled over, this time by two dogs. They started licking and sniffing him while he let out peels of laughter feeling ticklish. Others roared in laughter seeing his condition. Kids moved to hug Sameer, Shree and Chotu.

Arjun sat up, still playing with the dogs.

“Thank you once again everyone, especially you Arjun, for agreeing to take care of them in my absence. I would have gone crazy otherwise.”, said Riya.

“Its ok Riya. Its no trouble at all, I love to spend time with them”, Arjun replied.

Everyone could see that Arjun was genuine. He had a wide smile on his face as he rubbed Mimi’s belly while Choco was cradled in another hand. Choco extricated himself from him and moved to Sameer. He stood on his back legs and started pawing at Sameer. Sameer looked at Riya in askance.

“He wants you to pick him up”, came in Riya’s reply.

Sameer obliged and it was clear to everyone that Riya was right. Choco settled on Sameer’s hands, keeping his head on his shoulder. A collective “awwwww” could be heard throughout room.

Sakshi, Liza and Aaisha came into this scene and was left bewildered seeing everyone plus luggage.

“What’s going on here?”, asked an irritated Sakshi.

“Nothing that concerns you.”, came Arjun’s swift reply.

The lovely moment broken; Riya started giving final instructions.

“There are no dietary restrictions for Aryan and Nila, but please don’t give them too much sweets. They would beg you with their puppy dog eyes. DO NOT FALL FOR THAT.”, reminded Riya.

The kids and Arjun rolled their eyes in unison. Ignoring this, Riya continued.

“I have packed Choco and Mimi’s food. Aryan and Nila can show you how much to give them. Please take them for walk at least twice a day. Even a short walk would do so that they can relieve themselves. I have packed their poop bags as well, don’t worry, Aryan or Nila will scoop the poop. Do not give them grapes, chocolates and sweets as those are poisonous for them. I have printed out a list of fruits and vegetables safe for them. Its in the outer pocket of the bag. I have also packed their bed, but most probably they won’t use it as they love to cuddle next to me usually. If you don’t want them to get into your bed, please close your bedroom door. What else am I missing…Oh yes, I also packed their treats as well as their favourite toys…”

As Riya continue to drone her instructions, Arjun turned to Mimi and spoke.

“Mimi, your mom is very overprotective. Itna instructions? Silly mommy…”

Riya glared at Arjun for interrupting her. He didn’t care as he continued to speak to Mimi.

“You and Choco can absolutely sleep with me. Who would miss out on that!!! But mommy is right about one thing, I can’t give you human food, it’s very bad for you. Don’t worry, I will give you some nice vegetable and fruits treat. I will also get you raw bones.  Tell mommy not to worry at all and that daddy will take good care of all of you…”

Pin drop silence prevailed in the room. Sensing the sudden change in the atmosphere, Arjun looked up confused. Chotu had his mouth hung open, Sakshi was fuming and Liza was nervously looking at Sakshi. Riya had an amused look on her face while rest of the team were trying hard to stifle their laughter. Seeing these different emotions, Arjun mentally rewinded what he said. As the realization hit him, he blushed hard, his face and neck turning all shades of red.

“Deva re deva… Arjun sir… blushing???”, bit out a stupefied Chotu.

That one comment undid the effort of the team as they roared out in laughter which embarrassed Arjun further. He dropped his head on his hand in an effort to cover himself up. Riya chuckled seeing Arjun’s sorry state. She dropped down to sit next to him and Mimi.

“Ok Mimi. I will trust daddy. Don’t stress him out too much…”, said Riya, while chuckling.

“Riya…”, whined Arjun.

She let out a laugh and bend to kiss Mimi. As she stretched backup, she leaned in and gave a peck on Arjun’s cheek making him blush further.

“I am sorry Arjun. I can’t help it because you are really cute when you are like this.”

Arjun raked his hand through his hair in embarrassment while a goofy smile played on his lips.

Riya finally got up and said goodbye to everyone and moved out of the office with Karan and Tasha.

It was to be said without a doubt that Sakshi absolutely hated all these. She wanted to go over and yank everyone away from Arjun, but she knew that it was not the moment. She had realized that Riya, Karan and Tasha won’t be present for a week or so, as such, she would wait. As she watched them go, she decided that she would seduce Arjun before they come back. Little did she know that her plan would never take off…

After an hour

Sakshi came into the conference room with chai she made for Arjun. She had gone to his favourite tea stall the other day and bribed the guy to teach her how to make the tea. This was the perfect time to put her new found skill to the test, or so she thought.

“Arjun, I made tea for you”, said her with a smile that would melt the butter.

Arjun who was busy reading a case file, gestured her to keep the tea in front of him. Even though she was disappointed, she quickly covered it up. She set down the tea and sat in the nearby chair waiting for his reaction. She didn’t have to wait long, however, the reaction came from an unexpected source.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

Everyone jumped at this sudden shout from Aryan. Chotu, Liza and Shree had their hands on their hearts whereas Aaisha and Sameer came springing into the conference room.

“What??? What happened??? Who shouted???”,asked Sameer looking around the conference room frantically.

Seeing everyone’s attention on Aryan, he looked at him. Aryan, on the other hand, was looking at the chai glass with unmitigated horror. He stretched his right hand sideways towards Nila. Nila realizing what was going on rolled her eyes and stretched to take a tissue from the tissue box and passed it to him. Having got the tissue, he slowly walked towards the chai glass as if he was approaching a bomb. He slowly scooted down on the eye level to the glass. Taking the tissue, he wiped down the rim as well as the outside with care. After 5 minutes or so when he was satisfied, he smiled and forwarded the glass to Arjun.

“There… all good…”

A bewildered Arjun took the glass in question without any comment.

“What was that?”, asked Liza to no one in particular.

“Oh, that was my brother’s alter ego. Sometimes he becomes a hygiene freak.”, replied Nila.

Aryan, very maturely stuck his tongue at his sister. The tensed atmosphere broke at this gesture, but Aryan was not done. He turned to Sakshi. Folding his hands in front of his body, a pose which looked eerily reminiscent of Arjun, he spoke.

“Don’t you know that you need to wash the glass properly? There was dirt in the glass. You are old, how come you don’t even know this?”

Everyone had to test their willpower to the full strength so as not to laugh out loud at this, especially Arjun. Sakshi fumed hearing the puny thing berate her.

“You…”, Sakshi started but was soon cut off by Aryan.

“Me what??? Did cat get your tongue?”, asked Aryan.

Arjun’s willpower wore off as he laughed out loud at this. It was very funny seeing the small Aryan scolding Sakshi.

Feeling humiliated, Sakshi moved forward as if to berate him, but she was confronted by a towering Arjun.

Even though Arjun was enjoying the whole exchange, the super cop in him didn’t miss to track Sakshi’s movements as he knew that a provoked Sakshi was dangerous as she often forget the place. As soon as he saw her moving forward, he knew that it was time to interfere.

“Sakshi, don’t say or do something that you will regret.”, warned Arjun.

Sakshi visibly wilted at this warning and took a step back. Arjun turned to Aryan.

“Aru, she is elder to you. Don’t talk to her that way. It is common to miss such dirt spots as it is not very clearly visible. Thank you very much for cleaning it up, but I need you to apologize to Sakshi for being rude.”

Aryan looked properly chastised by his words. He hung his head for a moment then as if he was gaining confidence from somewhere, he looked up at Sakshi.

“I know what I said is correct, but I shouldn’t have told you that in a disrespectful way. If maasi was here, she also would ask me to apologize to you. Arjun uncle is correct. I am sorry for being rude to you. Will you please forgive me?”

Sakshi didn’t really want to forgive, but with everyone’s eyes on her, she had no other choice. She faked a smile and reluctantly nodded.

Arjun felt proud of the kids as well as of Riya for bringing up the kids with good manners. He knew that Sakshi was faking it and was far from being forgiving, so he gathered up his case files and asked the kids and the dogs to follow him to his office room.

“Arjun… You didn’t drink your chai…”,called out Sakshi.

He stopped on his tracks. After making sure that kids went into his office room, he turned around and looked at her directly in the eyes.

“You don’t need to make me tea Sakshi. I am perfectly capable of making my own tea. I defended you in front of Aryan only because I want Aryan to grow up with good manners. It doesn’t mean that I want to drink the tea you made.”

Sakshi looked disappointed at this. She couldn’t help but to blurt out,

“But why Arjun??? What’s wrong with the tea I make? Why can’t you drink it? I made it just the way you like…”

Arjun couldn’t help but to feel that he was talking to a rock, except that even a rock would have fissures by now with his cold words.

“Sakshi, don’t take me for a fool. I know why you are doing all these. I have told you before and I will tell you again, I never had and never will have any romantic feelings for you… So, it will be better for you to stop trying to do these kind of stuffs…”

Having said these things, he moved to his office and closed the door behind him, leaving a very awkward atmosphere behind. The men took the first opportunity they got and excused themselves out of the conference room.

Liza moved to pacify her friend.

“Don’t feel bad Sakshi. You know how Arjun Sir is…”

Sakshi was seething at yet another rejection from Arjun.

“How can he be this heartless!!! I put in so much effort and he didn’t even consider that…”

Aaisha couldn’t help but to sigh. As Liza and Sakshi turned to face her, she had to explain herself.

“Look Sakshi, Arjun sir has told you several time before that he is not interested in you. So, your effort was unwarranted. I think it would be better if you stop wasting your time pursuing him…”

Aaisha knew that her words would fall on deaf ears. What she didn’t expect was Liza to back Sakshi up.

“Oh come on, Aaisha. Look at Sakshi, she is really beautiful… There is no way that Arjun sir doesn’t have any feelings for her. Sakshi, I think he is playing hard to get… Deep down, he has feelings for you. He was embarrassed today that he got caught defending you, that’s why he said all those things. Don’t worry…”, said Liza encouraging Sakshi.

“You are unbelievable Liza. How can you not figure out that Arjun sir doesn’t have any sort of feeling for Sakshi??? Infact, I am pretty sure that sir likes Riya…”,said an irritated Aaisha.

Sakshi and Liza’s face changed colours hearing Riya’s name and Aaisha’s vigilant eyes didn’t miss this.

“I can understand why Sakshi is upset. But what I can’t understand is that why are you upset Liza?”, enquired Aaisha.

“Well, I don’t think that Riya is a good person. Not only her, but also Karan and Tasha. Look at them strutting around ETF team as if they know everything. They come in and take our friends away. Shree is always with them and Chotu these days. He doesn’t even bother to spend time with me.”, complained Liza.

Aaisha was amused at this. As far as she could remember, even before the Pack came into the picture, Shree was not close with Liza. Now that she thought about it, she could see the parallels between Shree and Liza, and Arjun and Sakshi. A light bulb went on her head as she connected the dots. Liza was interested in Shree!!! Aaisha didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at this discovery. Once upon a time she had thought that Sakshi and Liza were going to be her best mates, but with the introduction of the Pack, the team dynamics changed, bringing the true characters up front. While she liked the new Sameer, Arjun, Chotu and Shree, she didn’t like the new Sakshi or Liza. Add to that, she really loved spending time with the Pack members as they were very intelligent yet showed no airs. She could see Riya and Tasha as her best girl friends as they were not selfish and would be right there for her if need arises. Sakshi and Liza can dig their own grave, she was not going to waste anymore time with them, she decided.

“You know what, I can argue with you about how Riya is a good person, but I don’t think that it will get into your head. You are choosing to hate her, Karan and Tasha for the people who don’t see you both in the same way you see them. I happen to like them and I love the new team dynamics. Their entry has made the team more tight-knit. If you are choosing to turn a blind eye to that, then its your problem. I don’t have time waste on these frivolities. If you decided to get your head out of your ass, speak to me again…”

With that she walked away. Liza and Sakshi looked at her retreating figure, berating her for abandoning them. What they failed to realize, and what Aaisha understood, is that you don’t give up making girlfriends for guys who were never yours to begin with…

Edited by rosamale - 8 days ago
pratyp2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Awesome update... Loved the Ariya conversation and blushing Arjun.... 😍😍🤣🤣🤣🤣☺️☺️

Kida rocked....🤣🤣🤣

This Liza and sakshi is something 😡😡😡😡😡😡 good that Aysha got to see their true nature.... 

Waiting for pack return and more kida and choco mimi moments with team ....

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Loved it dear Rose 💗 

Awesome update 😃 

Well I really appreciate that Riya trusted people at ETF & shared a wonderful bond to look after kids when she will be away for a mission 

Arjun & Sam too relieved her by taking charge & I loved how Mimi & Choco are so attached to Arjun after saving them 🤩  Mummy Papa game was really cute 🥰 & it made Arjun blushed too

Well I really appreciate that Aisha & rest of the team are sharing good bond with pack members but it seems it doesn't go well with Sakshi & Liza

Hmm 🧐 Arjun is really getting frustrated with Sakshi but the way Aarav reacted to the team glass was really small version of Riya 😀 but  he apologized Sakshi for being bit rude 

Sakshi couldn't take this humiliation but even after warning & clear indication that Arjun isn't interested she is not able to digest the fact 

Aisha tried to be logical with Sakshi & Liza with Clear words but it seems that it's of no use 

Waiting for more 

Thanks for the PM ☺️ 

Keep writing ✍️