Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Name an actor/actress you think are overrated. And name an actress/actor you feel are underrated in Bollywood. You can name more than one. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Underrated:

Salman

Alia

Overrated:

SRK

Tripti

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Overrated

Samantha, Rashmika, kaira, janvi, Ananya, Karishma kapoor, shraddha, Mrunal, pooja hegde... Overrated in this forum 

Underrated

Ranbir, Alia, Nitya menon, Parvati tiruvottu, Anushka shetty, Tripti, Vikranth massey, Dilijit. 

I might add more later. 

Newbird thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

Overrated

Samantha, Rashmika, kaira, janvi, Ananya, Karishma kapoor, shraddha, Mrunal, pooja hegde... Overrated in this forum 

Underrated

Ranbir, Alia, Nitya menon, Parvati tiruvottu, Anushka shetty, Tripti, Vikranth massey, Dilijit. 

I might add more later. 

Add John abraham in overrated. 

Newbird thumbnail

Kriti- OR

Newbird thumbnail

Divya bharti, Sri devi, Madhuri dixit, Manisha koirala, urmila are UR

Newbird thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

Divya bharti, Sri devi, Madhuri dixit, Manisha koirala, urmila are UR

Manisha koirala- what an underrated natural beauty. 

Add Tabu too in UR

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

.He has been around 2007, with nearly 14 years as a lead actor. The vast majority of his roles are all the Coming Of Age types.Now people can have even a bigger laugh I feel Ranbir is one of the most overrated actors in bollywood. You take away Barfi there is nothing that really stands out in his career performance wise. I feel some even came after him have showcased more versatility. 

Bachna Ae Haseeno: He has a sudden realisation that women too have feelings or that women too can look for something casual.

Anjana Anjani- He loses some money and faces some hardship so wants to kill himself.

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil- He gets friendzoned, keeps trying to get the other character to fall for him.

Wake Up Sid- Main ghar chod ke chala jaunga.

Jawani Diwani- He wants to be a globe trotter but Naina should not be dating other men.

Raajneti: I think all Ranbir does in Raajneti is look into space while smoking. The entire film was carried on the plot being a modification of the Mahabharat and better actors like Nana Patekar, Ajay Devgan, Manoj Bajpai.

Rockstar: Heartrtbreak leads boy to pick up Guitar with other elements thrown in.

Rocket Singh: Young graduate joins first job. Then hates the boss. Starts a competing business in his own bosses office, uses the bosses resources and even phone number.

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani- He  was literally the head of a Tapu Sena gang who were private detectives.

Sanju and Animal are just the slightly more troubled versions of the overgrown manchild but they are not much different. 

There have been actors who have played similar characters very differently. I also feel the reason all his character look similar is because he plays them very one tone. Same with Tamasha slightly more layered version of the same character. 

Sanjeev Kumar played the older man in Trishul and Sholay. Yet they are distinct performances. They are both memorable in their own right

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Even Imtiaz has mentioned that Ranbir's dialogue delivery is too fast. I find it very monotone too. I would rank it as good or bad as Deepika's. One thing even his wife got right about him. She stated he mumbles his dialogues on KWK. He does not even annunciate words properly. Forget about the fact he has zero voice modulation and sounds the same in every movie. No wonder his best work is considered one where he had no dialogues. smiley36

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Now for underrated actors. Randeep Hooda is def one of them. Once again he was better then Aloo in Highway yet never got his due. Secondly, he was phenomenal on the serious "CAT" on netflix. Too bad he did a lot of sleazy movies in his career.