Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

loved it...

what a pair right!!!

especially this one....so not ready to back down at all....both ready for challenges thrown by the other one....

knowing well there is definitely more to their relationship whcih both are dancing around so long.....

looks like it is going to be taken to the next step very soon.....both seem ready for that....waiting eagerly if it is going to be continued....or just this is it as an OS>...

really good one....

always love the banter and the guts geet has when talking to maan....teasing him, having words with him....good for her

Edited by Alamelu - 1 months ago
Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Alamelu

loved it...

what a pair right!!!

especially this one....so not ready to back down at all....both ready for challenges thrown by the other one....

knowing well there is definitely more to their relationship whcih both are dancing around so long.....

looks like it is going to be taken to the next step very soon.....both seem ready for that....waiting eagerly if it is going to be continued....or just this is it as an OS>...

really good one....

always love the banter and the guts geet has when talking to maan....teasing him, having words with him....good for her

Aww, thank you Alamelu!  I am so glad you enjoyed this OS. It actually was planned as an OS, but everyone who commented told me they'd like to read more, so I am currently writing a follow up of sorts - hopefully I'll post it soonish! :) 

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

crazymaneetian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful update. Loved it to the core. This should have a part 2

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazymaneetian

Beautiful update. Loved it to the core. This should have a part 2

Thank you so much! I am so glad you loved it! 

I had originally intended this to be an OS, but seeing all your responses to this, I can't leave it like that.

So I'm going to follow this up with an epilogue of sorts.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

PaintedSky thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely! He too has feelings for her. 

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: PaintedSky

Lovely! He too has feelings for her. 

Thank you! Yes, he does! :) 

I'll try to post the next part very soon! :) 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hello, hope you are well.

waiting for the next part or follow up OS!

thanks 

Mridzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

Hello, hope you are well.

waiting for the next part or follow up OS!

thanks 

Hiya Hiya!! I am good, thank you!

And thanks for checking on this story - motivated me to write, really! smiley4

I am writing it, and its sitting in my drafts now! As soon as I am happy with it, i'll post it!

Thanks!!

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Mridzy

Hiya Hiya!! I am good, thank you!

And thanks for checking on this story - motivated me to write, really! smiley4

I am writing it, and its sitting in my drafts now! As soon as I am happy with it, i'll post it!

Thanks!!

Hi I am ok thanks! 

glad that you are well.

no worries will wait

enjoy reading your stories smiley1

you are an amazing writer 

Mridzy thumbnail

EPILOGUE - Boardroom Encounters

Geet watched in awe as Maan expertly manoeuvred the discussion in the favour of Khurana Constructions. 

AR group had a rep of being ruthless in business deals, but Maan deftly steered them to agree to all of Khurana Construction's original terms set out in proposal when the talks of this upcoming project started.

The CEO and finance director from AR group were listening in rapt attention to what Maan was saying and from their faces, she had a feeling that the only thing left to do was sign the contracts. 

What a brilliant man! 

His sharp eyes were glowing with confidence. His jaw was clenched in focus, the light stubble only highlighting the perfect symmetry of his jaw.

Geet felt a warmth spreading over her entire body as Maan caught her looking at him and the corner of his lips lifted in an ever so light knowing smile.

Challenge accepted he had said - what did he have in mind? What was he thinking? 

What were you thinking when you decided to throw that challenge at him?!

Well she did know what she was thinking, Geet thought coyly as a blush spread across her cheek.

Knowing that she probably resembled a tomato right now, she decided to focus her attention on the profits and margins that she was about to discuss with the AR group.

This was work, and other things could wait.

Well, until this meeting was over.

Absolutely.

That pep talk would have worked but she made the rookie mistake of looking into Maan's warm brown eyes again, and that took her breath away.

Because he was looking at her like he wanted to show her what he intended to do with her challenge. 

His brown orbs were doused in passion, and she couldn't for the life of her look away 

Damn it, Geet, get a grip. 

Job. Meeting. Finance. 

Giving herself a mental shake, she looked down, her lips pursed, she didn't climb up the corporate ladder to be a lovesick moron during an important meeting.

Admonishing herself, she turned to the clients, a confident smile on her face as she started talking. 

She was good at this, and she wasn't going to let her growing feelings for her boss come in the way of her competence. 

After the contracts were signed, Geet had hurriedly excused herself, mumbling an excuse that she would see the clients out. 

He had half a mind to hold her back, but he thought better of it and had let her go.

He knew she'd be back. Maan leaned back in his chair, a content smile gracing his lips. 

He wasn't so cocky to think that every deal that he ever signed, he ensured it went exactly the way he wanted it to go.

Actually, he was. 

And he was yet to be in a meeting where he didn't get what he wanted. 

But that wasn't fully why he was content today. 

No, it was because Geet, the woman who had captured his attention, and if he was honest with himself, his heart, had decided today would be the day they'd stop dancing around their growing feelings for each other. 

As if on cue, the boardroom door was flung open and Geet hurried in.

"Phew. That was amazing!" She exclaimed exuberantly, plopping the file she was carrying on the table and turning to look at him, a jubilant smile gracing her lips, her brown eyes dancing with joy. 

Amazing was one way to put it.

Maan couldn't help but be drawn to her infectious enthusiasm. Her radiant smile lit up the room, and the sparkle in her eyes was mesmerizing. He found himself captivated by her energy, and as she turned to face him, he felt a surge of something inexplicable course through him.

"Amazing indeed," he replied, unable to hide the admiration in his voice as he met her gaze. 

As Maan's gaze locked onto hers, Geet couldn't help but feel a surge of heat rush through her. His eyes bore into hers, smouldering with an intensity that left her breathless. She swallowed hard, trying to maintain her composure as she spoke.

"It's incredible how smoothly everything fell into place with the client," Geet remarked, extremely proud that she was able to keep her voice steady, "I thought that would be a real challenge" she trailed off, her eyes meeting his, her heart racing as soon as she had said the word, because Maan's low rumble of a whisper in her ear earlier this morning echoed around them once more.

Challenge accepted.

Maan's lips curved into a knowing smile, "Challenge..." he whispered, closing the distance between them in a couple of steps, "You know I play to win, Geet," he murmured, his voice low, sending tingles of shivers down her spine.

The air around them charged with intensity, the meeting and its events long forgotten. 

She met his intense gaze with her own, refusing to yield an inch in the electrifying game they were playing.

"And you should know, Maan," she countered, her voice steady despite the heat coursing through her veins, "that I'm not one to back off or go down without a fight."

There was a flash of admiration in Maan's eyes, before being replaced by a smouldering inferno of desire and longing. With a swift motion, he closed the remaining distance between them, his hand reaching up to gently cup her cheek, his touch setting her skin ablaze.

"Careful Geet, you play too much with fire" he said in an attempt to remind himself more than reminding her of their professional relationship, of the limits they shouldn't cross, limits they had leaped over long back.

" I'm not scared of fire, Maan, maybe I enjoy the flames" Geet murmured, as she met his gaze in steadfast determination, her own voice barely above a breath.

With every word she uttered, his resolve was crumbling, and he leaned in closer, " I can see that" his voice was a velvet caress that made a mushy puddle of her insides, " But Geet" he paused and looked deep into her eyes, " fire can burn" he trailed off, as his eyes searched hers, questioning her if she wanted to do this, if she was willing to put everything at stake for the undeniable connection they shared.

"Let it" she said, tilting her head slightly, letting it nestle into his hand, "Let it burn away everything else, Maan" 

And that was all he needed to hear

"You have a way with words, Geet" he said, his voice thick with emotion, his thumb tracing her cheek, "But actions speak louder than words"

In a slow and deliberate motion, he leaned in and took her lips in a kiss that was the culmination of everything they shared - respect, admiration, desire, passion, banter and a connection that transcended any lingering doubts or questions. 

************* THE END ****************

Author Notes

1. Lame title, and corny too, I guess, but hey, if the shoe fits, and all that! :) 

2. This has been sitting in my drafts for so so long, and I am so happy to finally type in that 'The End' at the end of this part!!!

3. I so hope this lived up to all your expectations and was a fitting end to the OS! Do let me know what you all thought!

4. I absolutely loved that 'fire' exchange in the end, and will totally be using it in "Contractually Yours"! But of course will amend it to suit the flow of that story better!

Last but not the least, THANK YOU all so much for loving this OS that I had to follow it up with another part! I have never done that ever, so this was special! THANKS once again! :)

Edited by Mridzy - 1 months ago