Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Palak2812 thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Wasn't India unsafe for them why they want to come here? 

Also sabka thekha humne nahi liya hua hain. 

Only those included who have no other place to go specially Hindus, Sikhs and Jains as they have no country of their own. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Major major development distraction

The timing is critical with the upcoming elections. Will be interesting to see the reactions...smiley23 with all the second hand embarrassment the Govt is facing due to the electoral bonds mess

Fixed it smiley16

Palak2812 thumbnail

Don't worry Electoral Bond mess won't hurt the govt bcoz they aren't the ones who got 98% of their donations from it. 

Palak2812 thumbnail

Hope this time 

Anyone opposing CAA

Will talk sense 

Not showing stupidity like her and speak nonsense. 

https://x.com/desimojito/status/1767377610508521826?s=20

Edited by Palak2812 - 2 months ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

That said, I don’t see a reason why * anyone’s *  path to citizenship should be expedited. Sure, without citizenship, they can’t vote, or hold public office, or have certain privileges that citizens do, but so what? Asylees are now in the country of their choice, not being persecuted and waiting in line to become citizens just like everyone else in the queue, right?  What’s wrong with first come first served then?

Some of them have been here since Bangladesh partition. 

It’s more than 50 years. It’s not expedition at this point. It’s the least India can do. 

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

@bold, as asylees, they are not eligible for purchasing property in here. They have difficulty in getting into educational institutes. They actually were able to get Covid vaccine after few deaths in camp (a person who died went twice for the vaccine but was returned both the times since he didn't have an Adhaar card)

Asylees are permitted to purchase residential property in India as well as allowed to invest in commercial property subject to regulations. In fact, they are also eligible to purchase Transferable Development Rights (TDR) used for construction purposes. Sure, they can't purchase agricultural land in all states and can't purchase some tribal lands but neither can I with my OCI and $$$.

Access to medicines, including vaccines, is generally available to everyone residing in India, regardless of citizenship status/ Of course, I can't speak for corruption but, on paper, under Universal Immunization Program (UIP), vaccines are available free of cost at government healthcare facilities throughout the country. Even the Covid-19 vaccination drive aimed to provide vaccines to all residents of India, regardless of citizenship status, based on priority groups and eligibility criteria set by health authorities.

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Some of them have been here since Bangladesh partition. 
It’s more than 50 years. It’s not expedition at this point. It’s the least India can do. 

There's a vetting process aimed at verifying eligibility criteria and assessing applicants' claims of persecution or fear of persecution in their home countries. Document verification, interviews, hearings, background checks etc., take time and should take time. There are too many refugees from different nations in India, some for economic reasons. They are supposed to submit testimonies, affidavits, or other forms of evidence corroborating their persecution experiences. You too don't want terrorists seeking Indian citizenship claiming that they are someone, when they are not.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

There's a vetting process aimed at verifying eligibility criteria and assessing applicants' claims of persecution or fear of persecution in their home countries. Document verification, interviews, hearings, background checks etc., take time and should take time. There are too many refugees from different nations in India, some for economic reasons. They are supposed to submit testimonies, affidavits, or other forms of evidence corroborating their persecution experiences. You too don't want terrorists seeking Indian citizenship claiming that they are someone, when they are not.

@bold - I think this will be followed.

If that’s not the case, could you share where it says security protocols would be overlooked for CAA?
(Genuinely curious)

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

@bold - I think this will be followed.

If that’s not the case, could you share where it says security protocols would be overlooked for CAA?
(Genuinely curious)

I wasn't saying they are getting overlooked; was emphasizing that they shouldn't get overlooked because of the said expedition. Directives from up top are one thing, execution by underlings is another. In general, the timeline for acquiring Indian citizenship can be lengthy (administrative inefficiency, bureaucratic hurdles, legal procedures etc), otherwise there wouldn't be a big backlog (with some awaiting citizenship since 50 years as you say)

Don't have stats on exactly how many Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis, and Christians entered India before December 31, 2014 from Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan but looks like the estimate is that around 30,000 would benefit if the process is expedited. Based on the number of people this impacts compared to the the press this is getting, I am of the opinion that this entire issue is a little overblown!

LakshHrithik thumbnail

Happy for this decision.