Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollymolly thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: sulu82

Even in HAHK, Madhuri was best as a feminist character  She was sassy in the movie.  I like her more than MPK's goody goody Suman.

My favortie feminist character is- SRK's ghost character in Paheli. He understands his wife's (Rani mukherjee)  needs and emotions. 

Sanjay Dutt's character in Dushman. 

Oh yes, can we consider Aamir Khan in Dangal too..?

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Even in HAHK, Madhuri was best as a feminist character  She was sassy in the movie.  I like her more than MPK's goody goody Suman.

HAHK character was very close to Madhuri's real life personality, as she mentioned it herself.

Not exactly sassy, but self assured, modest yet utmost confident and very balanced overall.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2XbABaPFvi/?igsh=MTM4NmxxZm5lamN0ag==

Raju in GUIDE

He did it back when it was a huge risk and letters were piling up in the IB ministry against the film.

Edited by Wistfulness - 2 months ago
Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

My favortie feminist character is- SRK's ghost character in Paheli. He understands his wife's (Rani mukherjee)  needs and emotions. 

Sanjay Dutt's character in Dushman. 

i don't agree that madhuri was a feminist in hahk. She agreed to marry her beloved's brother without any valid reason. That dog had to speak for them. A feminist would've told the truth n she would've never agreed to marry the brother of her boyfriend knowing fully well how awkward it would become after marriage. Prem's brother rajesh was more feminist who told her to marry the person she loved n take care of his child as maasi. That was sensible coz rahenge toh same hi ghar me. Apne boyfriend se shadi b ho jaegi n apni dead sister ka bachha b sambhal legi

Edited by Jazzkapur - 2 months ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Chameli in Chameli Ki Shaadi. For the era the film was made in, she was outspoken and assertive about her desires. 

Mrs. Kamala Srivastava in Golmaal. Dina Pathak owns the screen as a charitable socialite who does what she wants. 

Pearl Padamsee in Baaton Baaton Mein and Khatta Meetha. In both, she plays an independent woman straddling the balance between traditional feminity and modern independence.

There's a lot of more overtly feminist characters, but I think the subtly feminist ones move the needle the most.  

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

i don't agree that madhuri was a feminist in hahk. She agreed to marry her beloved's brother without any valid reason. That dog had to speak for them. A feminist would've told the truth n she would've never agreed to marry the brother of her boyfriend knowing fully well how awkward it would become after marriage. Prem's brother rajesh was more feminist who told her to marry the person she loved n take care of his child as maasi. That was sensible coz rahenge toh same hi ghar me. Apne boyfriend se shadi b ho jaegi n apni dead sister ka bachha b sambhal legi

No thats not true.

Madhuri's character Nisha didn't knew she is gonna get married to her brother in law...she thought its Salman...even on her sangeet festival when she came to know the truth just one day before her marriage, she tried her best to speak to her elders about whats going on, but due to the festivities no one listened to her and later she fainted due to such a shocking news,  else most likely she would have objected the way she very strongly reacted when she came to knew about who the real groom is. (its only when Salman himself convince her to go ahead, only then she half heartedly agreed as then she had no choice left, that too just one day before her big day).

----------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

No thats not true.

Madhuri's character Nisha didn't knew she is gonna get married to her brother in law...she thought its Salman...even on her sangeet festival when she came to know the truth just one day before her marriage, she tried her best to speak to her elders about whats going on, but due to the festivities no one listened to her and later she fainted due to such a shocking news,  else most likely she would have objected the way she very strongly reacted when she came to knew about who the real groom is. (its only when Salman himself convince her to go ahead, only then she half heartedly agreed as then she had no choice left, that too just one day before her big day).

----------

i know it. I'm talking about after she got to know that she is getting married to rajesh. U said that she had no choice left. That is not the way of feminist. A feminist would've told prem 'if u don't wanna marry me, its ok. But i won't marry ur brother' that is the feminist. 'i have no choice left. It's my marriage day. I should do the stupid sacrifice' that r NOT the thoughts of feminists. N what is this 'everyone was busy in festivities, no1 was listening to her' anyone can tell anything to their parents in whole 24 hours if they actually tries to. Ek line bolni thi bass 'i won't marry rajesh' her mom would've definitely atleast listened to her leaving all her work

sharaban thumbnail

i know it. I'm talking about after she got to know that she is getting married to rajesh. U said that she had no choice left. That is not the way of feminist. A feminist would've told prem 'if u don't wanna marry me, its ok. But i won't marry ur brother' that is the feminist. 'i have no choice left. It's my marriage day. I should do the stupid sacrifice' that is the thoughts of feminists. N what is this 'everyone was busy in festivities, no1 was listening to her' anyone can tell anything to their parents in whole 24 hours if they actually tries to. Ek line bolni thi bass 'i won't marry rajesh' her mom would've definitely atleast listened to her leaving all her work

That would have required some MAHAA FEMINIST then to still object when her love himself tells her to get married and the wedding is just the next day.

😂

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

That would have required some MAHAA FEMINIST then to still object when her love himself tells her to get married and the wedding is just the next day.

😂

arre feminist apne lover or apne parents ki baat sunke aisi chiz nahi karti Jo unko sahi nahi lagti. Yahi toh feminist hai that they acts according their own thoughts not someone else's thoughts. A true feminist would've rejected both Prem n Rajesh for marriage when prem told her to marry rajesh. I think u r clearly not understanding the meaning of feminist 

sharaban thumbnail

arre feminist apne lover or apne parents ki baat sunke aisi chiz nahi karti Jo unko sahi nahi lagti. Yahi toh feminist hai that they acts according their own thoughts not someone else's thoughts. A true feminist would've rejected both Prem n Rajesh for marriage when prem told her to marry rajesh. I think u r clearly not understanding the meaning of feminist 

So u meant next level feminists.

Ok.

:)

--------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago