Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

& some moresmiley37

1: If you are given a choice to slip into another person's shoe & live his/her life for a day...who would that be? My husband's. Really want to know what he does throughout the daysmiley17

2: What is your passion? - used to be writing but don't get chance now, so it's more like reading about culture and history also making videos 

3: Which character of which show describes you the most? Ramayana? I think Mandavi,  loves her husband, yet let's him carry out his duty while facing virah(separation)

4: Are you adventurous...if yes..then one adventure you would like to talk about? Not much adventurous,  but one adventure that I have undertaken is having entered a waterfall. It was prohibited, yet somehow we sneaked, climbed the nearby by rocks, and jumped to a rock where on one side it was the mountain and other side water, was really dangerous the rock was slippery and not only would that a slip meant falling deep into the river below, but actually the a river filled with crocodile.. Last time did something like that, will never do anything similar ever (Hopefully)

5: What is the craziest thing you would want to do?live a day as some royal, like surrounded by attendants and I order them just by a snap/clap, they are expected to understand my need without even me uttering a word

6: What are you proud of? Not ever having tried to be or imitate someone else 

7: Who has had the greatest impact on your life? My mother

8: Do you forgive yourself easily? Not very easily, but yes am not very harsh on myself 

9: If you had the opportunity to time travel then which past era you would like to live.in.? None I really think this is the best time to live in entire human civilization, but would definitely like to make small visits in all past era

10: If you had the opportunity to change any significant part in our history...what do you like to change & why? Maybe defeat of Hemu by Babar, things could have been different had Babar left. Second the British rule. I think non colonial development and modernity would have been better 

11: Describe yourself in one word or one sentence... I am what I am and I am proud to be me(does this also answer question 6)

Abhi ke liye itna hi....main Baad me aungi..smiley37

Thank you for the tag ...Pete...

Answers in red 

Thankyou inta Kam question poochhne k liye

Originally posted by: Saumya2102

Thank you for the tag Pete. 

I am glad to get an opportunity to bombard you with my questions Di. smiley36

Starting with some based on Ramayan

1. Who is your favorite personality from the Ramayana and why? (apart from Ram-Sita) Bharat, I don't know but I feel he was a shadow and soul of Ram, but his feelings, his agony and his tapasya were always comparatively ignored

2. If you could possess any of the divine weapons wielded by the people in Ramayana, which one would you choose and why? Maybe be meghastra so that I could solve the problem of water scarcity 

3. What lesson or moral from the Ramayana has had the most impact on you personally? Love and respect for family 

4. If you were given a chance to play a character from the Ramayana in the show, which character would you want to be and why? None I am not a good actor,  will destroy it. If necessary will play some soldier who dies in first scene 

5. Which event from the Ramayana resonates with you the most and why? Balkand. Love between family members 

6. If you had the opportunity to meet one person from the Ramayana, who would it be and what would you ask them? (Apart from our gods ofcourse) Shatrughan ji. Ask him about his feelings, his agnoy about things that happened. What he did during those 14 years, because ofcourse Valmiki Ji never thought of telling us

7. How do you think the teachings and values depicted in the Ramayana are relevant to modern society? There are some teachings, like focus on monogamy, companionship, trust in relationship which are very valid

8. If you were to retell the story of the Ramayana in a modern setting, how would you adapt it? Many have been already made, including Hum Saath Saath hain movie, I think kine won't be very different 

9. Which person's journey or transformation in the Ramayana do you find the most inspiring and why? I think of Seeta ma, starting as a princess, getting married to a prince and then forced into.an exile, then being abducted and then facing trial by Husband... I think she bravely faced everything. True inspiration and example of feminism 

10. If you could change one event or outcome in the Ramayana, what would it be and how do you think it would alter the story? Lakshman ji having cut the nose of Shurpnakha. I would better have it Shurpnakha unable to bear humiliation of rejection planning against Seeta. It wouldn't have changed the story but would have taken away the argument in favour of Ravan by so called intellectuals of today 

Answers in red

Originally posted by: Saumya2102

Now here are some other questions:

1. If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be? House, unlimited supply of food, handwash, water and clothes

2. What's your earliest childhood memory? I think of around 3 years when I was in nursery 

3. If you could have any animal as a pet, real or fictional, what would it be? Golden deer

4. What's the most memorable dream you've ever had? I generally forget dreams so none

5. If you could instantly become an expert in any field, which field would you choose? Physics and history 

6. What's the most meaningful gift you've ever received? Once in a college a beautiful scrapbook 

7. If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you go and why? Germany, want to visit WW 2 memorials

8. What's your favorite quote or motto that you live by? I am what I am and I am proud to me me

9. If you could have any job in the world for one week, what would it be? UN secretary 

10. What's something on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish in the next year?maybe publish a book

Answers in red 

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 2 months ago

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Congratulations for being MOTW this week smiley31smiley31

Here are some questions from my endsmiley36

1. Immortality or Loads of money till you die-- Loads of money. I would never want a life seeing my children and grandchildren dying followed by witness global warming, end of the humanity, then solar system collapse or what not.

2. If someone asks you can either visit any of the events of future or visit any of the events in past of the earth what would you choose (if past which one)-- Will like to visit the time of IVC and understand what was their civilization like. 

3. Marvel or DCU (if applicable smiley36and also which superhero is your fav again if applicablesmiley36)-- Not a fan of superheroes no NA

4. For which person from the adharma side you felt bad in the end of great epics Ramayan and Mahabharat-- from Ramayana I think Meghnath, I think he was really a great warrior, better than most in this earth and was loyal to his side because loyalty is a virtue, from Mahabharat, I would say Vikarna, definitely someone who had a moral compass set. He dared to question the wrong when all were quiet. Unfortunately both had to die

5. Most underrated characters in Mahabharat (there are many but which one do you feel should've gone more justice)-- As you said there are many, but still if asked I would say Satyaki from Pandava side and Vrishsena from Kaurava side. Both were superb warriors from their respective sides for whom the opponents hardly had a match, yet today most of the people don't even know their names 

6. Sound of rain or sound of waterfall -- sound of Waterfall,

7. Smell of wet mud or Smell of a bouquet of flowers -- smell of wet mud

8. Sunlight in winter morning or cold breeze in summer night-- Sunlight in winter morning 

9. Have you watched sitcoms or any Hollywood web series? (If yes which one is your fav)-- Different Strokes. Old series have watched the reruns not sure if you know

10. Thoughts on love and arrange marriages -- I personally had an arranged marriage and it is going good and have seen many love marriages going great too, so can't commenr. But I think whatever marriage you decide for, just be committed it in with pleasure

Will wait for your answers smiley4

Answers in red

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

Thanks for the answer smiley31

I think I would still prefer immortality just out of sheer curiosity smiley36

Smell of wet mud is the best, baarish ki sabse fav quality smiley31

Veishasen and Satyaki were from dwarka right? They killed each other as per gandhari's shraap and they have fought opposite each other in Mahabharata if I am not wrong

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Answers in red 

Thankyou inta Kam question poochhne k liye

Beautifully answered...smiley27

Every answer is given with so much honesty ....& Some answers really cracked me up....smiley36

Okky...let me rephrase the first question again..

If you are given the chance to be one character of Ramayan for a day & live a day ....who would that character be & why??

Thanks for the answer smiley31

I think I would still prefer immortality just out of sheer curiosity smiley36

Smell of wet mud is the best, baarish ki sabse fav quality smiley31

Veishasen and Satyaki were from dwarka right? They killed each other as per gandhari's shraap and they have fought opposite each other in Mahabharata if I am not wrong

Maybe but I think that immortality will be very painful..

Satyaki was from Dwarika right and he was the one who was fighting Bhurisharwas when Arjun killed Bhurisharwas on day 13. Yes he was later killed in Mausal Parva when the Yadavs started fighting each other due to Gandhari's shrap.

The other person however whom probably you mentioned (Kauravas side Dwarika soldier who died during Yadava fight) was Kritavarma. He was among three main survivors in Mahabharata war from Kauravas side and was first major person killed in internal Yadava battle...

Vrishsena was a different person. He was the eldest son of Karna and the crown prince of Anga. He was one of the chief soldiers in Kauravas side. Bheeshma had listed him as a Maharathi while listing down the skill and level of their side warriors.(mind it Bheeshm was hard to please and he rated even greats like Ashwathama as a Rathi since although powerful, yet he feared death and Jaidrath as Dwirathi). He single handedly entered the Pandava zone and killed a huge chunk while following Drupad on Day 14. 

He was killed on day 17 just before the famous Karna Arjun battle. He was fighting Nakul and was about to kill him after having defeated him when Arjun attacked him and chopped off his hands. His death was like recreation of Abhimanyu death when Arjun says that just as Abhimanyu was surrounded by enemies, Vrishsena too would be with no place to escape. Arjun mocked Karna that he was away when Abhimanyu died and hence couldn't do a thing, but here Vrishsena will be killed in such a way that Karna witnesses everything and still can't do a thing to protect his son. He later chopped off his legs and then finally the head. 

Orher sources say that after the war, his infant son Vrisha was made the king of Anga but not much is known post that. Some minor Puranas mention that Ghatotkach's son killed Vrisha to avenge his father and finished the lineage of Karna. In fact even HarivanshPuran mentions the lineage only till Vrisha so probably no one important after him.

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Maybe but I think that immortality will be very painful..

Satyaki was from Dwarika right and he was the one who was fighting Bhurisharwas when Arjun killed Bhurisharwas on day 13. Yes he was later killed in Mausal Parva when the Yadavs started fighting each other due to Gandhari's shrap.

The other person however whom probably you mentioned (Kauravas side Dwarika soldier who died during Yadava fight) was Kritavarma. He was among three main survivors in Mahabharata war from Kauravas side and was first major person killed in internal Yadava battle...

Vrishsena was a different person. He was the eldest son of Karna and the crown prince of Anga. He was one of the chief soldiers in Kauravas side. Bheeshma had listed him as a Maharathi while listing down the skill and level of their side warriors.(mind it Bheeshm was hard to please and he rated even greats like Ashwathama as a Rathi since although powerful, yet he feared death and Jaidrath as Dwirathi). He single handedly entered the Pandava zone and killed a huge chunk while following Drupad on Day 14. 

He was killed on day 17 just before the famous Karna Arjun battle. He was fighting Nakul and was about to kill him after having defeated him when Arjun attacked him and chopped off his hands. His death was like recreation of Abhimanyu death when Arjun says that just as Abhimanyu was surrounded by enemies, Vrishsena too would be with no place to escape. Arjun mocked Karna that he was away when Abhimanyu died and hence couldn't do a thing, but here Vrishsena will be killed in such a way that Karna witnesses everything and still can't do a thing to protect his son. He later chopped off his legs and then finally the head. 

Orher sources say that after the war, his infant son Vrisha was made the king of Anga but not much is known post that. Some minor Puranas mention that Ghatotkach's son killed Vrisha to avenge his father and finished the lineage of Karna. In fact even HarivanshPuran mentions the lineage only till Vrisha so probably no one important after him.

Oh yes sorry I confused the 2 name it was kritvarma

And vrishsen was Karna's son smiley20

B- huh intresting 🤔technically fir to ghatotkach ke putra ko hastinapur ka singhasan milnaa chahiye tha but he belonged to rakshas clan 🙄

Oh yes sorry I confused the 2 name it was kritvarma

And vrishsen was Karna's son smiley20

B- huh intresting 🤔technically fir to ghatotkach ke putra ko hastinapur ka singhasan milnaa chahiye tha but he belonged to rakshas clan 🙄

Lekin Ghatotkach was never officially from this family. So no reason ki usko ya uske bachhon ko sinhasan mile.

The bold part is only in some minor Purana, which doesn't have much credibility, however this is for sure that nothing post Vrisha is known 

About Vrishsena as I said he was the only one listed as Maharathi in that side by Bheeshm (IIRC he didn't rate himself)

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Lekin Ghatotkach was never officially from this family. So no reason ki usko ya uske bachhon ko sinhasan mile.

The bold part is only in some minor Purana, which doesn't have much credibility, however this is for sure that nothing post Vrisha is known 

About Vrishsena as I said he was the only one listed as Maharathi in that side by Bheeshm (IIRC he didn't rate himself)

Yeah because he was from rakshasa clan, I never liked what happened to hidimba and family 😟

B- smiley36okkay