NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Does it bother you?

I believe more and more writer across industries are taking this route where they write a story which is full of misery and it doesn't even have happy ending

I can get behind watching people suffering and suffering with them but damn, why not give them a good end?

What do you guys think? Should they try to find a way to incorporate a happy climax in the story? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

I love sad endingssmiley27

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Most classics have sad endings

Mughal e azam

Sholay (Big b's death)

Sadma

Qayamat se qayamat tak

Devdas

Tere Naam

Rang de basanti

Lootera

Anand

Khnh

Ghajini

Raanjhana

Ram Leela

To name a few

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Unless there is an absolute need of having to drive a point home like in the movie Titanic, I hate sad endings and try to avoid them as much as I can. But it is also true that sad endings and open endings linger in your memory more than the happy endings which is why the creatives often go for it. 

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Tere naam, that was brutal

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Titanic scarred me for life. It took my young mind forever to get over it but ultimately I was only able to forcefully put it away never being able to come to terms with the loss of Jack. I even hated Rose for a looong time for hogging that board like a queen while he was freezing to death. 😭🤣 I think it’s not an exaggeration to say that a piece of every girl’s heart died with Jack.smiley19

priya185 thumbnail

It’s fine if it’s the need of the story like lootera or sita ramam

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Originally posted by: Outlander22

Tere naam, that was brutal

In the OG Tamil movie it was brutal to the power of infinity, therefore never got around to watching Terenaam. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yes, not a fan of sad endings. 

Omkara, Lootera, Dil se - are some of my fav movies but still wish ending was bit different. 

Edited by Nishita123 - 2 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I think when it comes to story telling of any kind, movies or theater or books, tragic endings are taken more seriously and critiqued more favorably compared to happy endings.  This has always been the case.  I’m not sure why.  Maybe sad endings are seen as more realistic or maybe happy endings are seen as rather sappy 🤷🏽‍♀️