Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (17&18 Feb'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Show is rigged to the frigging core. Why need to bring Rajat to the show to justify judges actions, specific song selections given to a contestants, elimination of a fabulously classically trained contestant, Ananya & Piyush singing average songs at this stage of competition. I am disgusted with shreya & her bias. Show bringing Ananya’s father. They fell so low in my eyes. It’s working negative or positively in-her favor. Desh ki beti. 

I am not saying Subhadeep didn’t sing well. He did. 
Adya sang wonderful Thumri

Vaibhav sang superbly

but 

Dipan, Piyush & Ananya singing run of the mill, gheetey pitey  songs. Thought did great justice. All including Obom sang so well But impact was lesser in front of Chanel, judges pick Ustad Subhadeep. Unfair & Biased to the core show. I’m not afraid to write how disgusting it is. They are playing dirty  with music-singing which is Maa Saraswati’s blessings 😢

WTH thinks Danish being Ustad 😳🙄👎

I loved old SRGM formate where they had episode assigned to a theme or genre & everyone had to sing to that format. Dudh ka dudh or paani ka paani 😊👍

Utkarsh being on tour with Shreya the bone that was thrown to him as if he was a dog 😡👎🙄.  He is good enough to go & sing on a tour with her but not good enough to go further on the show 😡

Edited by Dabulls23 - 2 months ago
reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Show is rigged to the frigging core. Why need to bring Rajat to the show to justify judges actions, specific song selections given to a contestants, elimination of a fabulously classically trained contestant, Ananya & Piyush singing average songs at this stage of competition. I am disgusted with shreya & her bias. Show bringing Ananya’s father. They fell so low in my eyes. It’s working negative or positively in-her favor. Desh ki beti. 

I am not saying Subhadeep didn’t sing well. He did. 
Adya sang wonderful Thumri

Vaibhav sang superbly

but 

Dipan, Piyush & Ananya singing run of the mill, gheetey pitey  songs. Thought did great justice. All including Obom sang so well But impact was lesser in front of Chanel, judges pick Ustad Subhadeep. Unfair & Biased to the core show. I’m not afraid to write how disgusting it is. They are playing dirty  with music-singing which is Maa Saraswati’s blessings 😢

WTH thinks Danish being Ustad 😳🙄👎

I loved old SRGM formate where they had episode assigned to a theme or genre & everyone had to sing to that format. Dudh ka dudh or paani ka paani 😊👍

Utkarsh being on tour with Shreya the bone that was thrown to him as if he was a dog 😡👎🙄.  He is good enough to go & sing on a tour with her but not good enough to go further on the show 😡

Agree with you about the songs I was like what they have given to especially Piyush and Dipan because Ananya at least had Khatuba which has some variations. 

Shubhadeep, Vaibhav and Adya got the best songs also thir genre type songs.

Especially Adya this kind of genre songs suits her voice and she was great the problem is she is only good at this kind of songs and genre because they suit her voice a lot. But we have witnessed In the past that she had got other type of songs and she didn’t do justice to them and came in bottom again and again. Channel and team once again saved her. 

Me too I loved when they used to have certain theme in every weekend and everyone had to perform same. 

sumaishu thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Simply they should  announce ananya is the winner  .   that's it. 

Why soo much attention.  Sorry no offense  

Edited by sumaishu - 2 months ago
reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sumaishu

Simply they should  announce ananya is the winner  .   that's it. 

Why soo much attention.  Sorry no offense  

To me she deserves to win the show yes she does gets attention and screen space every week but if you go by just performances toh Ananya and Piyush one of them deserves to win the show. Before Utkarsh elimination for me top three were Ananya, Utkarsh and Piyush. 

Edited by reborn-re - 2 months ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I would have been happy with any one of these 3 Utkarsh, Ananya & Piyush to win.  I know small chance @ Ananya now & Piyush might also be on his way out or 2nd or 3rd runner up the way show is pushing for Ustad.   Let’s see how this mockery plays out. 

If Anjana, Adya wins that would be a 😂 matter

Raffta thumbnail

Non classical Chorus was better than him. He always miss the core emotion and try to show off his sargam which has so many mistakes. Sadly we don't have any judges to understand that. I came across his asawari raag reel and comment section pointing out about komal ni etc etc.

I observed that with Anjali too but that was negligent in front of this. She got eliminated at 8th position despite of being master in 80% classical songs. After point of time she used one of her appreciated pattern in every song and constant use of that AaaaaaAaa became irritating but that is not even 1% irritating infront of Ustad. Her major drawback was her sharp voice which was not fit for every song.

He need training basically thehrav no show off. I didn't like him in season 11 too.

Ananya is definitely for win. I like her progress. She sang as Ananya every time not as Lata or Asha. This is very important to create own identity.

Adya: I have heard many thumri's so if I compare her she is in negative.

Piyush : He is also deserving winner but if I have to choose between him and ananya it is her.

Vaibhav : He is very good performer. His singing will be more impactful if he work on his diction. Deserving Finalist. His Vicky Kaushal and Hrithik special are best.

Till finale public voting should not be started. Marks should be transperent and basis of elimination must be marks. Votes will determine Winner only.

Every reality show work on the basis of themes only. That brings versatility from every contestant and fair comparision.

Policies is in Idol for long time. This time there was hope for fairness.

Last season Ananya (winner of Idol Junior 2) and first runner up gave auditions but this two were not part of Top 15 same rule for Anjana then 

If we change perspective and watch from ep 1 everything is biased. Just watched Shilpa and Vishal's performance on Youtube and noticed jalne ki bue in starting.

I can just pray for Utkarsh' bright future. Politics is everywhere accept that and move on is key.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Singing wise it was a good episode, but Rajat Sharma as the guest was boring.

Obom - meri dua - a decent-ish performance after long. Not great but such an improvement from his last few performances.

Adya - rangi sari chunariya - it’s no secret that I’m not a fan of her voice. No matter what she sings it’s never good enough. Though this song was better suited to her voice.

Dipan - Aankh hai bhari bhari - beautiful song and he sang it brilliantly. However I suspect he may be sacrificed to save Adya/Obom. 

Shubhadeep - chhap tilak - he’s top 3 for sure. Absolutely loved his performance. Yes, he did show off, but if you don’t in a reality show where are you going to? The last few weeks have been good for him and you can see his upward trajectory (barring maybe one odd performance). 

Vaibhav - chhali karde seena Mera. Fabulous. This guy is a powerhouse of energy. I’ve always said he’s a better performer than a singer but yesterday he sang brilliantly too. 

Ananya - Khatooba - I hate this song, but Ananya was phenomenal l, like always. Is there something she can’t sing? I’m quite sure she’s going to win, if she doesn’t I’ll be so disappointed (like I was when Pawandeep won - still think he’s not that great a singer, Arunita and Sayli were better). Was rather annoyed when her father came to the show. It was unnecessary, if they really wanted to reconcile them it should’ve been done behind shut doors. You could see from her expressions that she wasn’t pleased.

Piyush - aye kaash ke ham and Mera Chand mujhe aaya hai nazar - he sang them both well, but there was a glaring mispronunciation in the first line of the first song. Barring that he was brilliant. Reading some posts on here got me thinking that while we all agree Piyush is a great singer - he lacks that chutzpah. Not that it’s a bad thing, but for a performer it’s quite important. It can be cultivated but at the moment that’s his Achilles heel.

Anjana - mil gayi aaj aasman se - she was good too. I really would like to hear her sing something classical/semi classical. I know she’s very talented and can do so much more. If only she’d sang more kinds of songs, we’d be counting her as a potential winner.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Finally I watched one episode live.  And no secret - it was because 2 of my favourite singers were present!!  I have a very short list of artists I follow globally - less than 10 - and these two are in that list!

I am surprised Adya is still around!  Right after the auditions / early episodes I had felt she was among the weakest.

The other contestants by and large were all good, but my favourite performance was Piyush - probably a reflection of the song he sang being more to my liking.

I am happy that they gave a good nod to Pawandeep and let him start off the show.  But what followed was not right.  Sayli came 2nd, followed by Arunita when in reality it should have the other way round.  Danish came before Salman, when in reality Salman should have been featured before or right after Pawandeep considering his a winner himself.

Sony's obsession with Sayli continues.  Her parents are present, there is reference to her buying a house, SG speaks the most about her and so on.  Too me her voice is saccharine rather than sugar - too sweet to be likeable. 

Arunita was the star today.  Her versatility was on display - singing two songs that are as different as chalk and cheese - and she does this all the time in her concerts.

I also really liked SG's nuanced observation about Obom and Pawandeep singing the same song with different feelings! 

Ifs_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5

They saved Adya and Obom again...smiley3