Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

Watched it, disturbing to say the least. Bhumi was outstanding, one of the few actresses from new generation who has command over language. Her last monologue is exceptional!! Dialogue writers of this movie should be paid a lot of money, because that is something which is missing right now in hindi movies.

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

It was much talked about back in the day when the news broke out about this heinous crime. It was disturbing to read then, it was disturbing to watch now. Very engaging watch with the entire cast doing well. Bhumi fumbled with the dialect , expected more from her. 

Thank God Red Chillies dropped the idea of casting Arjun Kapoor. This subject deserved good actors and not clownery. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

For the writer (Jyotsana Nath) it's the first script but not the first collaboration with the director Pulkit. She assisted him in his second movie (Dedh Bigha Zameen) which didn't release yet and she co-produced Pulkit's debut movie, the psychological thriller Maroon (on YouTube).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/maroon-review-944288/

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/dedh-bigha-zameen-pratik-gandhi-starrer-hansal-mehta-film-get-a-title-see-the-first-look-poster-as-the-shoot-commences-7459172/

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Watched it. Hila ke rakh diya. And it is so true, we are all as a society involved in these crimes in some capacity or the other. The whole concept of I will do my best for myself baaki duniya chahe bhaad mein jaye is flawed. You are but the sum total of your surroundings and society. Your every action, even something as simple as your choice of entertainment, can impact the society at large, 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Watched it yesterday.. the fact that it's based on a true story is so so SO disturbing. Films like these should be made to wake us up as audiences. I've seen this mindset a lot in Indians where they don't want to be involved in matters beyond what concerns them. That is such a wrong mindset to have.. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

Watched it yesterday.. the fact that it's based on a true story is so so SO disturbing. Films like these should be made to wake us up as audiences. I've seen this mindset a lot in Indians where they don't want to be involved in matters beyond what concerns them. That is such a wrong mindset to have.. 

I havent watched the movie, but ...

Why ? Whats wrong with this mindset ?

And also why single out Indians. This mindset exists everywhere capitalism exists - it can be the tagline for  a capitalist society

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 2 months ago
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Disturbing but a must watch. Ye sab dekhna is necessary imo. 

We (the comparatively privileged) folks live in an isolated bubble where we are shielded from the harsh realities of life. There's a vast difference between reading a headline, superficially posting a hashtag, performative activism and actually connecting or trying to help the helpless on the ground level.

The last monologue just drives the point home. 

Good performance by Bhoomi and great performance by Aditya sir. Hope the movie brings back some attention on what goes on in shelter homes.

Thanks Red chillies for backing up this brave attempt. 

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

It is a disturbing, scary but a must watch. The first 10mins of the movie were literally sickening. And something that was so difficult to watch, little girls actually went through this nightmare for long time. Must be still happening at many other places. smiley28