Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

He redeemed himself by putting up a poll for Pardes and KANK and it’s winning. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5348215

Unfortunately it is going against CHENNIA EXPRESS and I also love that film and want it to win but it’s a lose lose situation whichever film wins. I LOVE BOTH 😭

oh ok KANK SHOULD Tank n plan to write in-depth on that movie n kjo n how this movie started me slowly wanting to 🤬kjo that time. 

Edited by wat_up - 3 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Be bye JTHJsmiley19

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Aditya made a lighter movie that vaguely reminded me also of the Graham Greene novel "The End of the Affair" (2 x adapted into a movie).

Still I felt that it was a quite original movie with only the plot point of the promise to God and the lover challenging God taken from the novel.

I found that Kat perfectly played the young woman quite guarded about her emotions (inhibited and insecure) and a quite childish image of God.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Aditya made a lighter movie that vaguely reminded me also of the Graham Greene novel "The End of the Affair" (2 x adapted into a movie).

Still I felt that it was a quite original movie with only the plot point of the promise to God and the lover challenging God taken from the novel.

I found that Kat perfectly played the young woman quite guarded about her emotions (inhibited and insecure) and a quite childish image of God.

I love the Julianne Moore/Ralph Fiennes version. Two of my favorite actors of all time and Julianne especially looks stunning in this film. She got an Oscar nomination as well.

The Deborah Kerr/Van Johnson version is okay but not as good even though Deborah Kerr is also a favorite of mine. But because the film was made in the 50s, it has to be censored due to the production code which isn't a problem for the Julianne Moore version and so it's not as impactful because the source material has to be watered down.

I agree though that JTHJ does a good job of taking the central premise of the story and making it into its own thing. I also liked Kat's performance and never understood all the hate for it. I was shocked she didn't get a Filmfare nomination that year for JTHK or Ek Tha Tiger.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rickyproctor27

Lobbying isn't moving the needle smiley6

Some of us though have given our love to JTHJ. Wow, didn't know the actual story the movie is inspired from. Thanks a lot for sharing!

For me it was 2 unions that I had really been looking forward to. 1) As you said SRK-Kat (Huge Kat fan back in the day), 2) Rahman and Yash Chopra. Probably not ARR's most famous/acclaimed work, but I still love all the songs, especially Saans and Jiya Re

Also, IMO its the most beautiful Katrina has looked in a movie ( except songs 'Teri Ore' and 'Tu Jaane Na') 

as well as Anushka.

I love the music as well. Both songs you listed plus Ishq Shava and of course the title song. What a shame that Yash Chopra passed away before he could film his final love song in Switzerland. Would have loved to have seen SRK one last time in such a role and Katrina as the quintessential Yash Chopra heroine.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

JTHJ because of Anushka

Great Gif - Jab Tak Hai Jaan Anushka Sharma - Kulfy

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Winner - Jawan

Jawan Review: A Revenge Film Which Questions The System - Spotlight Central

rickyproctor27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Now that you mention it, I can see some overlap with The End of the Affair. I have only watched the Moore-Fiennes one and though both are great in the movie, I wasn't bowled over by it. I agree with your feeling that JTHJ is still quite an original adaptation. (haven't read the novel)

A lot of my folks complained about the length of JTHJ but the retrograde amnesia part is critical for Akira to see who Samar really is and not the man she met in Kashmir which consequently leads her to go and open Meera's eyes. Agree- Katrina's portrayal and Anushka's as well was wonderful in the movie.

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 3 months ago
sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I love Akira-Samar friendship in JTHJ. smiley9 Also love the music.   But will vote for Jawan. 

I have one question.  When Samar was a just friend and music teacher of Meera,  he hadn't any problem when he kissed her( he kissed her without her consent.) But when she became his girlfriend, he suddenly tells her, "don't kiss me. it is a insult of love" smiley3 Why? 

Edited by sulu82 - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

The first kiss was a challenge (the one afte Ishq Shava) as Samar was aready in love with her but wanted to challenge her prejudice against Indian (promise he overheard at the church)...btw...it was only suggested at being a full kiss...one doesn't see the lip-lock.

At the kiss you mention, he already felt that something wasn't 'right'... (if I get your post right)

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago