Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

KANK definitely was a movie that incited controversy relative to physical love (which I liked).

JTHJ also incited controversy relative to the same topic (which I equally liked)

I found it very interesting the way they tried to convey this part of love without resorting to song and dance only...and (looking at my experience with Western movies, I found it done in a quite decent way so that the emotions of love (and not lust) played the main role smiley1

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Jawan for sure!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Wow, no love for Jab Tak Hai Jaan. It's my favorite film of his from the 2010s, probably because it was his last pure romance film. As a Katrina fan during those days, this was my most hyped movie because it would finally bring SRK and Katrina onscreen together so I don't remember ever being so excited for a film as much as I was for this one. Katrina was perfectly cast as the unattainable beauty and I'm glad Anushka won her only Filmfare for this film.

I think the reasons so many people are critical of the story is because the attempts to rework it into a contemporary setting for Indian audiences doesn't quite work with the source material. The original story is set in WWII during the London bombings and the heroine is a married woman conducting an affair with her husband's friend. Her vow to stay away from her lover is because she thinks he's dead from a bombing and that God is punishing her for her affair. The instant he wakes up and she realizes he's not really dead, buried under the rubble, she regrets her decision.

And the other major difference, besides there being no love triangle with Anushka's character, is that the heroine ultimately dies from a terminal disease at the end but never loses her faith in God. In fact, her blessing to a scarred child heals him. And the hero blames God for the breakup of his relationship and later the heroine's death. He's supposed to be a non-believer but the ending of the movie shows that ironically enough, in his hatred for God and wanting to wage war on him is his faith because it shows that he ultimately does believe after all.

rickyproctor27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Wow, no love for Jab Tak Hai Jaan. It's my favorite film of his from the 2010s, probably because it was his last pure romance film. As a Katrina fan during those days, this was my most hyped movie because it would finally bring SRK and Katrina onscreen together so I don't remember ever being so excited for a film as much as I was for this one. Katrina was perfectly cast as the unattainable beauty and I'm glad Anushka won her only Filmfare for this film.

I think the reasons so many people are critical of the story is because the attempts to rework it into a contemporary setting for Indian audiences doesn't quite work with the source material. The original story is set in WWII during the London bombings and the heroine is a married woman conducting an affair with her husband's friend. Her vow to stay away from her lover is because she thinks he's dead from a bombing and that God is punishing her for her affair. The instant he wakes up and she realizes he's not really dead, buried under the rubble, she regrets her decision.

And the other major difference, besides there being no love triangle with Anushka's character, is that the heroine ultimately dies from a terminal disease at the end but never loses her faith in God. In fact, her blessing to a scarred child heals him. And the hero blames God for the breakup of his relationship and later the heroine's death. He's supposed to be a non-believer but the ending of the movie shows that ironically enough, in his hatred for God and wanting to wage war on him is his faith because it shows that he ultimately does believe after all.

Lobbying isn't moving the needle smiley6

Some of us though have given our love to JTHJ. Wow, didn't know the actual story the movie is inspired from. Thanks a lot for sharing!

For me it was 2 unions that I had really been looking forward to. 1) As you said SRK-Kat (Huge Kat fan back in the day), 2) Rahman and Yash Chopra. Probably not ARR's most famous/acclaimed work, but I still love all the songs, especially Saans and Jiya Re

Also, IMO its the most beautiful Katrina has looked in a movie ( except songs 'Teri Ore' and 'Tu Jaane Na') 

as well as Anushka.

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 3 months ago
Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

I have not watched both the movies but voted for Jawan bcz I love this song (I mentioned this many times in BWF) 

https://youtu.be/VAdGW7QDJiU?si=mBGdF59WttxEOiOy

And i know nothing about the other movie JTHJ, I don't even know who is the heroine in that movie! 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

JTHJ is the only SRK film I watched ONCE and never again Jawan on the other hand I have seen 5 times already in 6 months it’s out therefore I’m yet again offended by this poll 😭😭

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

JTHJ is the only SRK film I watched ONCE and never again Jawan on the other hand I have seen 5 times already in 6 months it’s out therefore I’m yet again offended by this poll 😭😭

I’m still shocked it’s in the poll n pardes was royally snubbed 

Edited by wat_up - 3 months ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: wat_up

I’m still shocked it’s in the poll n pardes was royally snubbed 

He redeemed himself by putting up a poll for Pardes and KANK and it’s winning. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5348215

Unfortunately it is going against CHENNIA EXPRESS and I also love that film and want it to win but it’s a lose lose situation whichever film wins. I LOVE BOTH 😭

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

He redeemed himself by putting up a poll for Pardes and KANK and it’s winning. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5348215

Unfortunately it is going against CHENNIA EXPRESS and I also love that film and want it to win but it’s a lose lose situation whichever film wins. I LOVE BOTH 😭

same here I love both chennai express vs pardes could have been the final poll instead of now