Fighter expected to crash on Monday, what went wrong? - Page 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

If this one flopped, turns out jingoism is no longer the new eroticism. Audience tired out earlier than anticipated. What a pleasant surprise.

^Nothing personal Hrithik, much love to ya. Better luck next time, amigo 

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Also am I the only one that loved the songs from this movie? Ishq kaisa kuch is a serious vibe smiley16

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Indians aren't as enthusiastic about nationalist films as the media/government might lead you to believe. Just give them compelling stories and quality movies, not oversimplified jingoistic stuff.

Lord willing, this is the case. Any other jingoistic film flop lately? I think there was one more. Can’t think of the name off the top of my head.

Help Oyebollywood

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Lord willing, this is the case. Any other jingoistic film flop lately? I think there was one more. Can’t think of the name off the top of my head.

Help Oyebollywood

Tejas vaccine war

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

Also am I the only one that loved the songs from this movie? Ishq kaisa kuch is a serious vibe smiley16

Heer asmani is also good

Yep! That’s the one. Thanks chief 

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Fighter is a jingoistic movie for the classes and a classy movie without expected levels of jingoism for the masses. The result - both avoided (the masses more so) and hence the 'expected' crash. 

Still, I expect it to trend well at some low level if it has really found appreciation at least among a few. 

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It was terrible movie and all audience got bored in hall and was watching phone in second part smiley36 Such movies can only be bearable by hard core fans only

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bird32

Didn’t it release on the Republic Day? I thought it’s a holiday. In US, Independence Day is considered holiday. 

Exactly, matlab kuch bhi. It released on thursday and got 3 days extended long weekend thereafter. Non holiday release hoti to 50 crores bhi nhi hote overall

Originally posted by: behindyou

Exactly, matlab kuch bhi. It released on thursday and got 3 days extended long weekend thereafter. Non holiday release hoti to 50 crores bhi nhi hote overall

Agee and you stole my word. The movie is 100% flop. It looked like a mix of Top Gun and Pathaan. The director Sid Anand can make such trashy movies only.