Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

Absolute joke at this point. She was so mediocre in that film. RS carried the film. At this point Jitesh Pillai might give her a filmfare for guest appearance also. smiley36

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Jigra next 🤞

Then love and war 🙏

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Jigra next 🤞

Then love and war 🙏

If only you knew what’s in store next for Bhabhi Zero

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago
Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Alia is a good actress and she deserved the award for Gangubai but winning for Rocky is a joke., 

Rani and or Kiara deserved the trophy. 

Ranbir was worthy of the awards there isn’t any judgement  but contrast that to Alia’s win , so many people are pointing out how undeserving she was this year for RARKPM. There itself lies  the answer. 

But what else can you expect?. It’s Alia’s world and what she wants she gets . 

TheDecapitated thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well deserved! She is certainly among the best mainstream actresses in hindi cinema ever. 

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Cher is not considered a barometer of acting. I know in the other thread I said she was considered a better actor than Madonna but that's true for just about everyone. No ones considers Cher a great actress. Her Oscar for Moonstruck was because of her popularity and that alone, not her performance. Other actresses said even before the nominations that they knew she would win.

As for Meryl Streep, she's really not that talented but she's the perfect example of somebody who used PR to create this image that she's the most gifted actress ever. In many ways Alia being the Indian Meryl Streep isn't that far off because both have exploited the system to manipulate perceptions. The most famous film critic of the time, Pauline Kael, hated Streep and thought she was all about technique and no passion. Was not believable in any role because it was obvious she was trying too hard and is basically the same in every movie, with the same tics and mannerisms, except she's got a different accent. The only thing that changes about her is the accent.

Streep came into film at a time when Hollywood had a dearth of roles for women so she was able to shine in supporting roles and gradually become a lead actress because there was little to no competition. Women's roles in the 70s/80s were considered horrendous and actresses back then used to watch performances from the 30s/40s/50s to see powerful women onscreen in strong roles. Hollywood was embracing Streep as the greatest talent of her generation just after supporting roles in 2 films and to top it off, part of the reason was because she wasn't considered a beauty. Very plain and ordinary looking which helped her reputation as a serious actress. When she tried to play a bombshell, she flopped miserably. Had she debuted in the 30s/40s/50s, she would never have become anything more than a side actress. Her star image has been carefully cultivated in the media as being the greatest actress of all time, when all of her contemporaries are just as talented as her if not moreso. She's taken advantage of being considered the only woman in Hollywood which has often irked her contemporaries and even younger actresses who say that it's unfair that a variety of male actors are allowed to exist but Streep is treated like the only woman in Hollywood. This is why she has the most acting nominations at the Oscars but only 2 Best Actress wins. Another factor was serial predator, Harvey Weinstein, who put her in all his prestige films and there's a reason that when he was jailed, the nominations and films stopped coming for her.

Oscars haven't been great but you need to stop comparing them to pan masala awards. smiley37

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I was staying away from IF for a while. But this news of Filmfare angered me so much that I had to login.

Alia having more Best Actress wins than Sridevi, Rekha, Madhuri, Rani, Priyanka etc. is the biggest JOKE of the century.smiley39 One more win in a few years and she will become the actress with most awards!smiley39

The only award she deserved was for Gangubai.  Her Gullyboy win was the most khairati win ever.

For Udta Punjab, she should have won the Critics Award.

And she was decent in Raazi but KJo heavily manipulated and inflated its BO numbers to prop-up her stardom at that time. It wasn't some Oscar-worthy performance but KJo successfully made that perception around the film, as if it was the first female-oriented successful film ever.

And the history has repeated itself with Rocky Rani.smiley39

how is this biggest joke ? she got different characters and each time she has come out with flying colours. she is a fantastic actress.

shiva02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sak5th

I have made my peace with this win. I am able to because Alia's life is so empty that even five awards will not fill the void. She is unable to bear a son and getting past the prime of her age to deliver an heir. The Kapoor line will end because of her so I agree with the others saying that Ranbir will use his affairs to spawn illegitimate children to have sons. There will likely be about a dozen or so little Animals running around in the next couple of years. When that happens, why keep an unwanted wife and child around? These awards will be necessary for Alia so that when she is penniless and abandoned, she can sell them to feed her daughter because the industry will always stand with the Kapoors, not a barren bahu. 

What is this 15th century. Male heirs and aging and shit...