cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

OMG

she actually won for Rocky Rani..like this makes her the record holder of max BA awards in filmfare..along with kajol and nutan..and she has done this in like 11 years in industry

I cannot believe shaitan's worst fear got true..and spot on prediction of ranbir & alia winning awards yet again after 2019..wow..i am just out of words..it wasn't anything award winning for Alia..Ranbir totally deserved it and i am glad he wasn't robbed like shahid for kabir singh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cougarTown

OMG

she actually won for Rocky Rani..like this makes her the record holder of max BA awards in filmfare..along with kajol and nutan..and she has done this in like 11 years in industry

I cannot believe shaitan's worst fear got true..and spot on prediction of ranbir & alia winning awards yet again after 2019..wow..i am just out of words..it wasn't anything award winning for Alia..Ranbir totally deserved it and i am glad he wasn't robbed like shahid for kabir singh

This is all a part of the new narrative being set that Sanju and Gangu are the “power couple” of Bollywood. They’ve already locked in their awards for SLB’s next for the 2026 awards. They want to be known as the “power couple with most joint award wins”. This is probably a way for them to feel better about their obvious turbulent marriage as well 

The sad thing is, they’re doing all this - and none of their contemporaries or respected elders in the industry are there to even acknowledge it or care about this. Literally no one cares. Nothing is more sad than achieving success without dignity and applause. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Power couple stole Bobby’s Deols Dance smiley36

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

OMG

It is Aliawood as they say.  She is the best actress of this generation.

I simply love her.

smiley42

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I was staying away from IF for a while. But this news of Filmfare angered me so much that I had to login.

Alia having more Best Actress wins than Sridevi, Rekha, Madhuri, Rani, Priyanka etc. is the biggest JOKE of the century.smiley39 One more win in a few years and she will become the actress with most awards!smiley39

The only award she deserved was for Gangubai.  Her Gullyboy win was the most khairati win ever.

For Udta Punjab, she should have won the Critics Award.

And she was decent in Raazi but KJo heavily manipulated and inflated its BO numbers to prop-up her stardom at that time. It wasn't some Oscar-worthy performance but KJo successfully made that perception around the film, as if it was the first female-oriented successful film ever.

And the history has repeated itself with Rocky Rani.smiley39

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I was staying away from IF for a while. But this news of Filmfare angered me so much that I had to login.

Alia having more Best Actress wins than Sridevi, Rekha, Madhuri, Rani, Priyanka etc. is the biggest JOKE of the century.smiley39 One more win in a few years and she will become the actress with most awards!smiley39

The only award she deserved was for Gangubai.  Her Gullyboy win was the most khairati win ever.

For Udta Punjab, she should have won the Critics Award.

And she was decent in Raazi but KJo heavily manipulated and inflated its BO numbers to prop-up her stardom at that time. It wasn't some Oscar-worthy performance but KJo successfully made that perception around the film, as if it was the first female-oriented successful film ever.

And the history has repeated itself with Rocky Rani.smiley39

Alia is like the best actress of the century.  Even better than Meryl Streep and Cher.

It's a conspiracy. smiley41

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I will make a post but this award nothing but Halloween party. Dark and scarysmiley36

Alia winning is a joke, I think she is obsessed with winning. If she does not win, her anxiety level increases, flop movies really upsets her. I remember her one movie flopped and there was one interview where she is talking to Karan saying she is depressed that her movie didn’t do well. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Ranbir and Alia can definitely act. But celebrating their mediocrity is in piss poor taste.

But then again, Filmfare has been doing it for years so it's nothing new.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

Alia is like the best actress of the century.  Even better than Meryl Streep and Cher.

It's a conspiracy. smiley41

Cher is not considered a barometer of acting. I know in the other thread I said she was considered a better actor than Madonna but that's true for just about everyone. No ones considers Cher a great actress. Her Oscar for Moonstruck was because of her popularity and that alone, not her performance. Other actresses said even before the nominations that they knew she would win.

As for Meryl Streep, she's really not that talented but she's the perfect example of somebody who used PR to create this image that she's the most gifted actress ever. In many ways Alia being the Indian Meryl Streep isn't that far off because both have exploited the system to manipulate perceptions. The most famous film critic of the time, Pauline Kael, hated Streep and thought she was all about technique and no passion. Was not believable in any role because it was obvious she was trying too hard and is basically the same in every movie, with the same tics and mannerisms, except she's got a different accent. The only thing that changes about her is the accent.

Streep came into film at a time when Hollywood had a dearth of roles for women so she was able to shine in supporting roles and gradually become a lead actress because there was little to no competition. Women's roles in the 70s/80s were considered horrendous and actresses back then used to watch performances from the 30s/40s/50s to see powerful women onscreen in strong roles. Hollywood was embracing Streep as the greatest talent of her generation just after supporting roles in 2 films and to top it off, part of the reason was because she wasn't considered a beauty. Very plain and ordinary looking which helped her reputation as a serious actress. When she tried to play a bombshell, she flopped miserably. Had she debuted in the 30s/40s/50s, she would never have become anything more than a side actress. Her star image has been carefully cultivated in the media as being the greatest actress of all time, when all of her contemporaries are just as talented as her if not moreso. She's taken advantage of being considered the only woman in Hollywood which has often irked her contemporaries and even younger actresses who say that it's unfair that a variety of male actors are allowed to exist but Streep is treated like the only woman in Hollywood. This is why she has the most acting nominations at the Oscars but only 2 Best Actress wins. Another factor was serial predator, Harvey Weinstein, who put her in all his prestige films and there's a reason that when he was jailed, the nominations and films stopped coming for her.

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Winning for RRKPK is a joke!