FIGHTER: Analyzing First Day Collection, WOM, Lifetime Collection!

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Fighter released yesterday and did an opening day collection of 23 cr nett, which is lower than the 27.5 cr nett that I predicted.

I'm just going to say it: 23 cr nett is simply a DISASTROUS opening day. Just to give some comparisons.....

-Hritikh's Agneepath, released 12 years ago, did a similar opening day collection (that film did 21 cr nett).

-Salman Khan's Jai Ho, released 10 years ago AND considered to be a C-grade film by many, collected 17 cr nett on its opening day, which is just a little lower than Fighter.

-Bang Bang, released in 2014, collected 24 cr nett on its opening day, HIGHER than Fighter, which is just SHOCKING.

All of these films released a decade ago. In those days, 30 crore nett was considered an EXCELLENT benchmark and potential for record-breaking. Therefore, a 20 crore nett number back then was very strong.

However, it's now 2024. The benchmark now for the opening day is in the 50-60 cr nett range. As such, the opening day for Fighter is VERY POOR at 23 cr nett, especially considered that it is barely hanging with decade-old films! 

This does put some concern on the starpower of Hritikh Roshan, who has delivered a poor opening with Vikram Vedha, and now Fighter. Vikram Vedha was atleast a smaller looking film, but Fighter looked like a BIG film with a leading heroine (Deepika), a top director at the box office (Siddharth Anand), big scale, patriotism....all of that.

ANYWAYS.....the GOOD NEWS is that Fighter is carrying STRONG Word of Mouth amongst the audience, which I predicted would happen! The lifetime collections of the film, at minimum, WILL be 200 cr nett, and let's see if the film can cover enough distance to reach my predicted lifetime collection of 248 cr nett! Given the strong WOM, it definitely has a chance of reaching there! This should also put the film in a good position to reach HIT verdict. 

Let's see what happens in the coming days!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

It seems to have a very big jump today.  I’m seeing talks of possibly touching 40cr. I think 35cr is a given. If it continues to do well for the remainder of the weekend, and it’s very likely will given the wonderful WOM, do you see it hitting the 300 mark?  Yesterday I didn’t think it was possible and today I think it’s possible specially if it sustains on Monday and Tuesday.  

Also, given that the WOM is basically what will be carrying this film, was releasing it on a Thursday a strategic move?  It all seems like an elaborate plan to save money on marketing and promotions smiley36.  Do the bare minimum but release one day early to get all the good reviews and WOM established and then let it do its thing from Friday on 🤷🏽‍♀️

srkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

It seems to have a very big jump today.  I’m seeing talks of possibly touching 40cr. I think 35cr is a given. If it continues to do well for the remainder of the weekend, and it’s very likely will given the wonderful WOM, do you see it hitting the 300 mark?  Yesterday I didn’t think it was possible and today I think it’s possible specially if it sustains on Monday and Tuesday.  

Also, given that the WOM is basically what will be carrying this film, was releasing it on a Thursday a strategic move?  It all seems like an elaborate plan to save money on marketing and promotions smiley36.  Do the bare minimum but release one day early to get all the good reviews and WOM established and then let it do its thing from Friday on 🤷🏽‍♀️

Unfortunately, no, I don't see Fighter hitting the 300 cr mark! Although the WOM is definitely strong, I don't think it's at that EXTRAORDINARY level where it can trend to 300 cr lifetime from here! 

They definitely did follow the Pathaan strategy of releasing one day before Republic Day to get positive WOM benefit for Republic Day collection! In that sense, it worked very well for Pathaan, because the first day itself was RECORD BREAKING (on a non-holiday!), and so the Republic Day collection was just cherry on top! 

In the case of Fighter, it's tough to say. On the positive side, it was good to release the film on Thursday, as strong WOM boosted the holiday collection for today, Republic Day. On the negative side, the Thursday collection was embarassing. But it also would've been embarassing to get a poor start on Republic Day itself....

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I think a lifetime would be clearer by Sunday or Monday. 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I wonder why such low opening? Is it that people are not interested in India Vs Pakistan movies? 

srkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

I wonder why such low opening? Is it that people are not interested in India Vs Pakistan movies? 

There is a lot of interest in India vs Pak, provided that the style of filmmaking is MASS! That's where Gadar 2 worked wonders at the box office: Sunny Deol roaring like a lion, with his powerful dialogue delivery. A simple weapon, like a handpump, can work wonderfully well with the masses.

With Fighter, the main problem is the treatment: aerial action with jets. This is a concept that didn't  click with masses, pre-release atleast, for whatever reason. 

The other big problem for Fighter was that the music of the film was extremely weak. 

Even allowing for those reasons, the opening still should've been much better! 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Pattern seems similar to Dunki and according to Pathaan fans Dunki is a blockbustersmiley36

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: srkat

There is a lot of interest in India vs Pak, provided that the style of filmmaking is MASS! That's where Gadar 2 worked wonders at the box office: Sunny Deol roaring like a lion, with his powerful dialogue delivery. A simple weapon, like a handpump, can work wonderfully well with the masses.

With Fighter, the main problem is the treatment: aerial action with jets. This is a concept that didn't  click with masses, pre-release atleast, for whatever reason. 

The other big problem for Fighter was that the music of the film was extremely weak. 

Even allowing for those reasons, the opening still should've been much better! 

critics seems to love the movie. Gadar 2 is a blockbuster due to part 1 was such a big success and his dialogue has been memorable. I think gadar 2 released on the right timing, audience can relate to sunny deol character. I like the music of Fighter but music has been a bit copied and choreography is weak and not up to mark as it should be. 

Edited by Bekind - 3 months ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

smiley36 boi will reduce it more in actual

monday hold will tell the lift time tho 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail