Posted: 1 months ago

Edited by mintyblue - 1 months ago

Sorry, this is an Instagram story, not tweet

I hate jingoism too and was disaapointed by some of the dialogues

I mean, there are directors like Kabir Khan who made Bajrangi Bhaijaan and this will undo all the good work done to bridge the gap.

Pakistan is a soft target. Why not mkae anti-China movies?? China is a far more dangerous enemy.

Originally posted by mintyblue

I hate jingoism too and was disaapointed by some of the dialogues

I mean, there are directors like Kabir Khan who made Bajrangi Bhaijaan and this will undo all the good work done to bridge the gap.

Pakistan is a soft target. Why not mkae anti-China movies?? China is a far more dangerous enemy.

Because Pakistanis speak like us so it is easier to cast Indian actors and add a few Urdu words to make their portrayal authentic, which won't be the case with Chinese villains. 

The movie is based on fairly recent events between two nations, I don't get why we are giving unnecessary importance to actors across border, Pakistan has banned Indian movies so what exactly is changing? 

The ban exists because things aren't good, did they advocate for Indian movies to release in Pakistan? 

Edited by NoraSM - 1 months ago

Originally posted by mintyblue

as I said in other thread, Chinese don't speak hindi/urdu and our public is too disinterested to read subtitles in every two scenes. 

That means it is only “difficult” to make a movie where china is enemy.

The main reason is people are only interested in pakistan for obv reasons. And bollywood rarely takes any risk. 

Hania Aamir should go work on her movies. Her acting is similar to when people shriek so loud and only dogs hear them 

You know the show Dastan and Ahed e wafa. It wasn't hard to sit through it. People make movies. Pak will show India as enemy and India will show Pak as enemy. Pasand hai to dekho warna na dekho. 

Originally posted by SakZ

That means it is only “difficult” to make a movie where china is enemy.

The main reason is people are only interested in pakistan for obv reasons. And bollywood rarely takes any risk. 

It is easier to make movies where Pakistan is enemy and there are other factors too like 

China is ranked #1 country in our Import sources

There haven't been enough cross border conflicts for us to make movies on them