Underrated Bollywood Gems

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Let's share those underrated Bollywood movies that left you in awe and deserve more recognition!

I'll start off with Tumbadd, a cinematic gem I stumbled upon during the pandemic. 

https://youtu.be/ZjuhALyNgss?si=aOy082dU9ZZIkfAy

for those who haven't watched the movie, it's a period film set in a mysterious little village/town with such spine chilling, eerie vibes that even ghosts might think twice before haunting it. smiley34

Did it send shivers down my spine? yes. Creep me out? double yes. Leave me amazed and wowed simultaneously? absolutely.

The cinematography is nothing short of brilliant, and its creativity, casting, and execution are all a class apart. Tumbadd isn't just a movie, it's a work of art with a dark sense of humor that easily outshines the rest. 

Please share those cinematic gems that left an impression on you, even if they didn't make it big at the box office or weren't widely known. Drop 'em in the comments below!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The Lunchbox by Ritesh Batra

Perfect movie

I also love Dor which released in 2006

mintyblue thumbnail

'Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year' (2009): Directed by Shimit Amin 

'Talvar' (2015): Directed by Meghna Gulzar

'Manorama Six Feet Under' (2007): Directed by Navdeep Singh

'I Am' (2010): An anthology film directed by Onir

'Stanley Ka Dabba' (2011): Directed by Amole Gupte

Loved them all.

mintyblue thumbnail

'Johnny Gaddaar' (2007), 'Udaan' (2010), 'Masaan' (2015), 'Lootera' (2013): 

'A Wednesday!' (2008)

These are some more underrated gems which I thouroughly enjoyed, especially Masaan

Masaan is a must-watch

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Rocket Singh

Do duni chaar

Khonsla ka ghonsla

Special26

Table no 21

Maroonporsche thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

In whatever one or two movies I watched in last 2 years, I did find "Chhichhore" very underrated, what an inspiring message it has in the climax! Would like to see more and more such movies from BW! 

Mr.Abrol thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In addition to some already mentioned , I find these good as well as under rated :

Anthony Kaun Hai

Kabul Express

Mirch

Gayab

Darna Mana Hai

Dum Maaro Dum

Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local

Aamir

LSD

Dum Maaro Dum

Shagird

Gulaal

Shanghai

Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola

Ghanchakkar

Inkar (new one)

Blackmail

Phobia

Qala

Monica Darling

In case any of the ^movie was not actually under-rated , minus that from list . Besides , there are movies I am not sure enough either way so din't mentioned eg. Ugly , Madras Cafe etc. Also , I haven't watched all the movies post 2000 so there can be movies I might have found good as well as are under rated if watched .

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Shanghai. This mind blowing song lead me to that movie and whatta masterpiece.🙌 Multiple exceptional performances backed by a good story and amazing screenplay. It deserved so much better than just getting lost like this.smiley18

https://youtu.be/8FMz_KT1mC4?si=26y7dD-7POSN4wHW

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Watched Thai massage yesterday. Absolutely loved it—super funny and heartwarming. And oh, Tumbbad is just mind-blowing, the cinematography is top-notch!