Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I know that the RK genes are very strong but y'all I am telling you the Shivdasani genes are there

sadhna1-fb_090118045202-2454201022.jpg

kareena-kapoor-photos-images-45537-302092432.jpg

babitakapoor151580477479-55168079.jpg

f8c2fc747f8dbf74be637b632b2e1daa-898980495.jpg

I just don’t see it ALLLLL. Although Kareena is significantly better looking than Karisma. 

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

We are going on a tangent here but I always thought Karishma looked like Rai Kapoor in drag specially during her thick eyebrow and curly hair phase.  Not as much any more.  Now she just looks like her dad and dada.  

Ya I do see the Kapoors in them! Idk whether Raj Kapoor or any other Kapoor, but they very distinctly look Kapoor. They don’t really have their mother in their features. But both sisters have stunningggg skin!

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

At first bold, yes she is very insecure. We all remember her stretching her neck when posing for pictures so she’ll appear taller.  And her choice in clothes is very obvious too.  Ironic because it overwhelms her figure and makes her look even shorter. Kiara is the same height as her or maybe even shorter but you can never tell because she dresses for her body type.  Alia just wants to be DP.  It’s weird not matter what, but given DP’s history with RK, the weirdness is way up there.  

Second bold, it all comes down to her insecurities. She wants validation from everyone about every aspect of her life. Remember her Bhansali done 3 films with Deepika but promised me 4?  Who even blabs that on national TV? 

Her talking about SLB doing movies with DP is just another way we can see how insecure she is of DP. smiley36 Sure she’s extremely insecure in general (got a feeling she really disliked Parineeti) But with some women it comes out more- Like DP. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Her talking about SLB doing movies with DP is just another way we can see how insecure she is of DP. smiley36 Sure she’s extremely insecure in general (got a feeling she really disliked Parineeti) But with some women it comes out more- Like DP. 

I got those vibes with Pari as well. I think she really didn't like how Pari won Best Debut at Filmfare which Alia couldn't even get one year later and how Pari was the most talked about actress from their generation back then and blew out of the gate flying with Ladies vs Ricky Bahl and Ishaqzaade. You can tell KJo used to try and shame Pari as well on KWK by making direct comparisons to Alia, not in acting, but in looks and fashion. He would ask everyone who was better dressed, even Madhuri and Juhi of all people who probably couldn't care less, and they would answer that Pari needs a fashion stylist which was code for her needing to lose weight. These small subtle digs to try and make Alia seem like the better package.

It's not just Alia who is that insecure though. Her role model, Bebo, was just as bad but more open about it. When Bhansali's name gets brought up, she gets very defensive and has to proclaim to everyone that Bhansali owes her movies and she's sure she'll still get her chance to work with him one day lol. 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Briaahna

it seems like deepika has copyright for hairstyles, jewels, clothes , even SLB and dhola smiley36again we forget that’s its bahurani who introduced these dholas with SLB . I guess now the trend , I mean copyrights she owns is for bikinis and beaches smiley36dare not anyone . Oh no we haven’t seen Zeenat and quarbani perfection that’s why we settling for mediocre smiley36

She has the copyright to breaking, walking, eating, speaking and being the epitome of pseudo women empowerment as well..

She had the copyright of being one and the only proponent of Me-Too Movement in Bollywood..Darn RK, Ranjan and her own PR for #WhyOnlyDeepika..

@Bold: I miss those days when there were aspersions that Alia will never be a SLB herione as she lacks the beauty, stature, and build of DP's Queen like build... Fast forward some years and not only did Alia became the SLB's heroine but also gave the highest opening for a female actor's movie with Gangubai and DHOLidaa...(Drumrolls)..

Zeenat smiley42Even Vaijatanti Mala and Sharmila Tagore had worn swimsuits in their movies.. But yeah the copyright still is owned by you- know-who.. On that note I had a thought that orange bikini would be patented after Pathaan and especially the Besharam Rang... Koi nahi, Fighter ke baad bhi ho jaye to achha hai... Only that it would not be a BHAGWA patent..smiley38

Edited by bashful_moon - 4 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I got those vibes with Pari as well. I think she really didn't like how Pari won Best Debut at Filmfare which Alia couldn't even get one year later and how Pari was the most talked about actress from their generation back then and blew out of the gate flying with Ladies vs Ricky Bahl and Ishaqzaade. You can tell KJo used to try and shame Pari as well on KWK by making direct comparisons to Alia, not in acting, but in looks and fashion. He would ask everyone who was better dressed, even Madhuri and Juhi of all people who probably couldn't care less, and they would answer that Pari needs a fashion stylist which was code for her needing to lose weight. These small subtle digs to try and make Alia seem like the better package.

It's not just Alia who is that insecure though. Her role model, Bebo, was just as bad but more open about it. When Bhansali's name gets brought up, she gets very defensive and has to proclaim to everyone that Bhansali owes her movies and she's sure she'll still get her chance to work with him one day lol. 

Oh yaaaa!!! The K3 today, and the Kareena of yesteryears, are vv different!! Kareena was HORRID back then. A total massive B***** on wheels!!! She’s totally calmed down after Saif & esp after motherhood. I like her now, couldn’t stand her earlier. 

Tbh the way these people went on & on about poor PCJr’s weight is terrible. Even on ARK & her KWK, she mentioned how he keeps telling her to lose weight etc “you need to lose weight from here, here & here”. KJo will go to any lengths to make Alia get what she wants. Just look at RK. smiley2

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I just don’t see it ALLLLL. Although Kareena is significantly better looking than Karisma. 

Fair enough, it just one of those thoughts that randomly popped in my head while watching Dil Daulat Duniya and I really like it. smiley37

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Oh yaaaa!!! The K3 today, and the Kareena of yesteryears, are vv different!! Kareena was HORRID back then. A total massive B***** on wheels!!! She’s totally calmed down after Saif & esp after motherhood. I like her now, couldn’t stand her earlier. 

Tbh the way these people went on & on about poor PCJr’s weight is terrible. Even on ARK & her KWK, she mentioned how he keeps telling her to lose weight etc “you need to lose weight from here, here & here”. KJo will go to any lengths to make Alia get what she wants. Just look at RK. smiley2

I don't think people truly change that much. I think they either tone themselves down or end up feeling more free to show their true colors. Like Rani has the opposite case where she used to be very quiet and almost submissive, especially when you placed her next to a veteran like SRK or Kajol. In front of them, she didn't dare open her mouth especially with Kajol. But place her next to Kareena and you could see even back then she had a mean streak and these two would gang up on all the outsiders in the industry even if Rani was not as brazen. She didn't have to be because she knew Kareena and to a lesser extent, KJo, could be her mouthpieces. Now that she's the YRF maalkin and one of the most powerful people in the industry, she doesn't have to hide away and can consider herself Kajol's equal if not superior so we're seeing her true colors now that were always there. Power brings out the worst in everyone.

YRF heroines especially get a very hard time when it comes to their appearances between Anushka, Pari, and Vaani. At least Pari wasn't forced to get plastic surgery, just diets and spray-on abs. I've heard people in the industry say that Dharma is actually much better about taking care of its employees compared to YRF (although Dharma is also very snooty and judgmental on the flipside). I know KJo was heavily lobbying SRK and Rohit Shetty to cast Alia with Varun in Dilwale. KJo was desperate to prove that Alia/Varun were the new SRK/Kajol and wanted both pairings in the same movie but SRK and Shetty refused to replace Kriti. Very happy they stood up to KJo. You can tell that SRK doesn't give him the same influence he used to anymore.

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't think people truly change that much. I think they either tone themselves down or end up feeling more free to show their true colors. Like Rani has the opposite case where she used to be very quiet and almost submissive, especially when you placed her next to a veteran like SRK or Kajol. In front of them, she didn't dare open her mouth especially with Kajol. But place her next to Kareena and you could see even back then she had a mean streak and these two would gang up on all the outsiders in the industry even if Rani was not as brazen. She didn't have to be because she knew Kareena and to a lesser extent, KJo, could be her mouthpieces. Now that she's the YRF maalkin and one of the most powerful people in the industry, she doesn't have to hide away and can consider herself Kajol's equal if not superior so we're seeing her true colors now that were always there. Power brings out the worst in everyone.

YRF heroines especially get a very hard time when it comes to their appearances between Anushka, Pari, and Vaani. At least Pari wasn't forced to get plastic surgery, just diets and spray-on abs. I've heard people in the industry say that Dharma is actually much better about taking care of its employees compared to YRF (although Dharma is also very snooty and judgmental on the flipside). I know KJo was heavily lobbying SRK and Rohit Shetty to cast Alia with Varun in Dilwale. KJo was desperate to prove that Alia/Varun were the new SRK/Kajol and wanted both pairings in the same movie but SRK and Shetty refused to replace Kriti. Very happy they stood up to KJo. You can tell that SRK doesn't give him the same influence he used to anymore.

Ya I’ve heard the same- Dharma is much better to work at than YRF. KJo apparently is really nice to his employees. 

Oh KJo wouldn’t ever go against SRK. He’ll keep trying but if SRK puts his foot down, it’s down. The matter is over. SRK is WAAAYYY more powerful than even KJo & KJo is too aware of it + loves & respects SRK too much to go against him, in such matters. So no surprise he finally let it go. He had no other choice. smiley36

Ya it’s actually shocking why KJo hates Sara!! Seeing who she is + that her step-Mum is one of KJo’s bffs, idk. He also has a frenemy vibe with Kareena, he always had it. Loved her always but can turn on her too, but ever since Alia, that’s only increased. 

Rani was submissive b/c it suited her then. Today that she is Mrs YRF, she won’t be. Which is fine, but it’s hilarious to see how much Kajol gets on with her seeing how Kajol never made any bones about the fact that she DGAF about Rani even when Rani became a top actress. smiley36smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Ya I’ve heard the same- Dharma is much better to work at than YRF. KJo apparently is really nice to his employees. 

Oh KJo wouldn’t ever go against SRK. He’ll keep trying but if SRK puts his foot down, it’s down. The matter is over. SRK is WAAAYYY more powerful than even KJo & KJo is too aware of it + loves & respects SRK too much to go against him, in such matters. So no surprise he finally let it go. He had no other choice. smiley36

Ya it’s actually shocking why KJo hates Sara!! Seeing who she is + that her step-Mum is one of KJo’s bffs, idk. He also has a frenemy vibe with Kareena, he always had it. Loved her always but can turn on her too, but ever since Alia, that’s only increased. 

Rani was submissive b/c it suited her then. Today that she is Mrs YRF, she won’t be. Which is fine, but it’s hilarious to see how much Kajol gets on with her seeing how Kajol never made any bones about the fact that she DGAF about Rani even when Rani became a top actress. smiley36smiley36

I've heard mixed things about the SRK/KJo friendship. We only know KJo idolizes SRK but it's been less obvious as to if SRK views him with the same regard or not. I know some say he more or less tolerates KJo because of Gauri. It's also telling that he didn't let KJo launch either of his children despite KJo being desperate to. It seems SRK does not want him influencing Suhana's career or forcing Aryan to go into films.

I think part of the reason is that Saif himself is not a very active father in his children's lives. He's made more of an effort in the last few years to pretend that he is but there are lots of threads about him exposing him as an absentee father and negligent. Like when his daughter was in trouble (hospital I think), he was on vacation and didn't bother to come back. And his comments that Kareena and his son with her are the most important people in his life, totally neglecting his first two kids. I don't consider him a very good person and even KJo seems to like rubbing it into Sara's face that she comes from a broken family so I think that's another factor why he doesn't favor her much when she herself is not favored by her dad and stepmom.

Kajol and Rani used to have such a cold war that it can be jarring to see them so chummy now and on good terms. I think they've made peace personally but you can tell that Kajol still isn't phased by Rani's position especially after the Yash Raj/Ajay Devgan feud.