Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Ya I’ve heard the same- Dharma is much better to work at than YRF. KJo apparently is really nice to his employees. 

Oh KJo wouldn’t ever go against SRK. He’ll keep trying but if SRK puts his foot down, it’s down. The matter is over. SRK is WAAAYYY more powerful than even KJo & KJo is too aware of it + loves & respects SRK too much to go against him, in such matters. So no surprise he finally let it go. He had no other choice. smiley36

Ya it’s actually shocking why KJo hates Sara!! Seeing who she is + that her step-Mum is one of KJo’s bffs, idk. He also has a frenemy vibe with Kareena, he always had it. Loved her always but can turn on her too, but ever since Alia, that’s only increased. 

Rani was submissive b/c it suited her then. Today that she is Mrs YRF, she won’t be. Which is fine, but it’s hilarious to see how much Kajol gets on with her seeing how Kajol never made any bones about the fact that she DGAF about Rani even when Rani became a top actress. smiley36smiley36

Oh yeah, no newcomer should ever sign a contract with YRF. I have absolutely no chance or interest to break into films so I do get the big money-three movies incentive with yrf contracts. But no one should sign them given how exploitative they are. No one who debuted with them had a good career except Ranveer and Anushka

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Oh yeah, no newcomer should ever sign a contract with YRF. I have absolutely no chance or interest to break into films so I do get the big money-three movies incentive with yrf contracts. But no one should sign them given how exploitative they are. No one who debuted with them had a good career except Ranveer and Anushka

YRF has lost the prestige it had. I don't think it's a coincidence that their last most beloved romcom, a genre they used to have a monopoly on, was Band Baaja Baaraat with both Ranveer and Anushka. They have not been able to recapture the magic of films like Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste, Bunty aur Babli, etc. since then. Nor do they make love stories like DDLJ, Mohabbatein, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, etc. anymore. We get Befikre instead to try and parody those films.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I've heard mixed things about the SRK/KJo friendship. We only know KJo idolizes SRK but it's been less obvious as to if SRK views him with the same regard or not. I know some say he more or less tolerates KJo because of Gauri. It's also telling that he didn't let KJo launch either of his children despite KJo being desperate to. It seems SRK does not want him influencing Suhana's career or forcing Aryan to go into films.

I think part of the reason is that Saif himself is not a very active father in his children's lives. He's made more of an effort in the last few years to pretend that he is but there are lots of threads about him exposing him as an absentee father and negligent. Like when his daughter was in trouble (hospital I think), he was on vacation and didn't bother to come back. And his comments that Kareena and his son with her are the most important people in his life, totally neglecting his first two kids. I don't consider him a very good person and even KJo seems to like rubbing it into Sara's face that she comes from a broken family so I think that's another factor why he doesn't favor her much when she herself is not favored by her dad and stepmom.

Kajol and Rani used to have such a cold war that it can be jarring to see them so chummy now and on good terms. I think they've made peace personally but you can tell that Kajol still isn't phased by Rani's position especially after the Yash Raj/Ajay Devgan feud.

In the SRK-KJo equation, KJo is the chaser, SRK the chasee. smiley1 As for Kajol-Rani, Kajol plays nice b/c Rani is Mrs YRF. If she had married anyone else, I don’t believe Kajol would’ve given a F.

Funny b/c I’ve heard opposite things- After the divorce, a couple of years or so, Saif made a lot of effort to re-connect with his elder kids. After K3 came into the picture seriously, even more so. Today, they’ve blended family & they’re happy & by all accounts, K3 quite loves Sara & Ibrahim. I think KJo is just being massively a b**** b/c he manages Jhanvi-Khushi who are direct competition to Sara. Saif… Is very  English in his habits. K3 is the more hands-on parent. 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 3 months ago
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I never knew Anushka was such an insecure person. She reeks jealousy and hatred in that video. I am super proud of DP for navigating through such wolves and thriving in the industry. 

PS: Alia being inspired is old news. The blue dress is not accentuating her figure. I feel Rashmika was best dressed for the event and Tripti was good too. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: ElMystique

I never knew Anushka was such an insecure person. She reeks jealousy and hatred in that video. I am super proud of DP for navigating through such wolves and thriving in the industry. 

PS: Alia being inspired is old news. The blue dress is not accentuating her figure. I feel Rashmika was best dressed for the event and Tripti was good too. 

I think she has changed now. Deepika and Anushka both follow each other on instagram now. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

In the SRK-KJo equation, KJo is the chaser, SRK the chasee. smiley1 As for Kajol-Rani, Kajol plays nice b/c Rani is Mrs YRF. If she had married anyone else, I don’t believe Kajol would’ve given a F.

Funny b/c I’ve heard opposite things- After the divorce, a couple of years or so, Saif made a lot of effort to re-connect with his elder kids. After K3 came into the picture seriously, even more so. Today, they’ve blended family & they’re happy & by all accounts, K3 quite loves Sara & Ibrahim. I think KJo is just being massively a b**** b/c he manages Jhanvi-Khushi who are direct competition to Sara. Saif… Is very  English in his habits. K3 is the more hands-on parent. 

That I can believe about SRK/Kjo lol. There aren't many people Kajol plays nice with now so it's a good change of pace for her.

I don't really follow this family but on Reddit, after his KWK episode, a lot of people were calling him out for his hypocrisy and how he could make light of his past misdeeds and is treated like a hero compared to the Deepika/Ranveer episode where I still see people branding her every horrible name you can think of. My favorite is when someone branded her an adulteress by comparing her to Sridevi and Madhuri...like clearly they have a lot to learn about their so-called favorites. So the stories I read about Saif have not given me a good impression because there are a lot out there online and it seems like for promoting Sara's career, they play up the family angle for the camera. The most authentic moment is Saif ignoring his first two kids when he says which people are most important to him.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

I think she has changed now. Deepika and Anushka both follow each other on instagram now. 

I think now that she's retired and doesn't see Deepika as a rival anymore, the bad blood is gone. I've seen this in Hollywood as well where actresses who were rivals/contemporaries absolutely despised each other because they were competing for roles. Decades later, when one had long retired, they get along nicely and have no bad blood anymore.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

That I can believe about SRK/Kjo lol. There aren't many people Kajol plays nice with now so it's a good change of pace for her.

I don't really follow this family but on Reddit, after his KWK episode, a lot of people were calling him out for his hypocrisy and how he could make light of his past misdeeds and is treated like a hero compared to the Deepika/Ranveer episode where I still see people branding her every horrible name you can think of. My favorite is when someone branded her an adulteress by comparing her to Sridevi and Madhuri...like clearly they have a lot to learn about their so-called favorites. So the stories I read about Saif have not given me a good impression because there are a lot out there online and it seems like for promoting Sara's career, they play up the family angle for the camera. The most authentic moment is Saif ignoring his first two kids when he says which people are most important to him.

They might play up a lot for the cameras, doesn’t mean it’s entirely fake.  

People making light of Saif’s mistakes & branding DP as an adulteress/loose woman & RS as a “cuck”, is PEAK MISOGYNY. Replace Saif with ANY OTHER HUMAN MALE, you’ll get the same response. It’s not got really anything to do with Saif, we just live in a deeply patriarchal society. 

I’ve a lot of thoughts about the DP-RS KWK, but all I’ll say is- DP is completely inarticulate, she just doesn’t know how to verbalise her thoughts well & speak well, but all she meant there was, that they had discussed being casual/open relationship, there were other people in the picture (as supplied by RS) but in her mind, somewhere she was already committed to him. That’s all.

Although if I had .00001% of the MEGA-KILOS of audacity some Random Raju has by  saying, “I’ll never be with a Deepika Padukone/I don’t want a woman like Deepika Padukone/ I would never date a Deepika”, I would be the PM. 

IMAGINE THINKING THE DEEPIKA PADUKONE, immensely beautiful & immensely successful woman with the most eligible bachelors DYING to marry her & the world at her feet,  would want YOU, Random Raju. 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 3 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

People making light of Saif’s mistakes & branding DP as an adulteress/loose woman & RS as a “cuck”, is PEAK MISOGYNY. Replace Saif with ANY OTHER HUMAN MALE, you’ll get the same response. It’s not got really anything to do with Saif, we just live in a deeply patriarchal society. 

I’ve a lot of thoughts about the DP-RS KWK, but all I’ll say is- DP is completely inarticulate, she just doesn’t know how to verbalise her thoughts well & speak well, but all she meant there was, that they had discussed being casual/open relationship, there were other people in the picture (as supplied by RS) but in her mind, somewhere she was already committed to him. That’s all.

Although if I had .00001% of the MEGA-KILOS of audacity some Random Raju has by  saying, “I’ll never be with a Deepika Padukone/I don’t want a woman like Deepika Padukone/ I would never date a Deepika”, I would be the PM. 

IMAGINE THINKING THE DEEPIKA PADUKONE, immensely beautiful & immensely successful woman with the most eligible bachelors DYING to marry her & the world at her feet,  would want YOU, Random Raju. 

Just to be clear : some section of the audience hates DP's guts for one particular reason and will jump on her for breathing. That is just how it's going to be for the forseeable future.

Apart from that, I didn't feel she was partlcularly inarticulate. The slùtshaming is something because the same audience loves Akki, Ajay, Amitabh, Dharam, Sunny, Sanjay, Salman and many other sanskari actors who had very public relationships with married men/women.

Any woman who does not toe the line will be berated in these toxic circles.

Also the cuck thing is funny because men literally get to boast of cheating on their wives. The only time, it becomes an issue is when "their women" is allegedly not in their 'control.' The misogyny is nauseating.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

But Saif is part of the problem because we make excuses for men like these, saying that it's society's fault they are being coddled but there's nothing more we can do about that now. Not holding people like this accountable adds to the problem. When men get married young and then decide they were too young to get settled down and abandon their families, we wince but accept it as the norm and just say "aww, he shouldn't have gotten married so soon. Bummer." This is so normalized that we don't even second-guess it because we come to expect it. Ask yourself if a woman did what Saif did and got married too young (which is most women in rural areas in India) but then decided she wasn't done sowing her wild oats and she dumps her family to philander around before eventually settling down with a younger man with a new family after she's more mature. Would society ever accept such a woman? Deepika dated multiple men before marriage and comments call her every heinous word you can think of whereas Saif's actions are justified and we wish him well with his new family, with little concern for his old one. That's why I don't really like him as a person and from what I've read online, this has always been the case for him in particular. He was the only son of his royal household so he was always given free reign to do whatever he wanted, so is it a wonder that he did what he did? He never had to be held accountable for anything. Now people defend him saying he's better now with age and wizened up, but I still say that we never grant this allowance for a woman.

I didn't watch the KWK episode because from everything I've read, it's all taken wildly out of context and I didn't even realize it was such a revelation that Deepika had dated multiple people before. I only casually follow the gossip about celeb couples and I knew that she and Ranveer were casually dating before they became more committed. I could not even post half of the stuff being said about her though because it would result in an instant ban, that is how entrenched the misogyny is when we vilify this but let people like Saif off the hook. If Amrita did what Saif did, she'd be branded with a scarlet letter. There's something more offensive when this occurs against Indian actresses because in the 90s/2000s society, the norm was that upon marriage, the actress has to give up her career to start a family but the husband never does. So it's even more insidious that Saif is allowed to continue his career whereas Amrita, who was way more popular than he was back then, had to give up hers and now plays mother roles.