Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Oh there absolutely are. My favourite theory is that most people who go on & on & on about Nepotism do so, only b/c they’re extremely jealous & insecure. Put them in that same position & 99.9% (actually 100%, but let’s be kind) would do exactly the same as the NepoBaby, some would do far worse. All this talk about morals & privilege & self-righteous jealousy only works b/c life has been unfair to them. If they had opportunity to do the same, they would do EXACTLY the same as the NepoBaby in grabbing that opportunity. 

And I say this as someone who works in a deeply nepotistic industry in India where I know no-one etc. So I get the frustration & irritation etc. But what’re you going to do?? Life is inherently unfair & you can only play with the cards you’re dealt with. 🤷‍♀️ 

As I stated nepotism only started bothering me recently because the current lot of actors just don't match up. If it was 90s-style nepotism where women like Rani Mukherji and Tabu were getting opportunities that would be fine for me. I don't blame the nepo kids for grabbing the opportunities. But I do feel like the current generation is far less talented compared to previous ones that is all. I judge them only based on if I like them as actors. No nepo privilege is taken into consideration. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The rest I don’t work in Bollywood nor do I plan to. If people were getting unfair advantages over me in my field then it would be my headache to worry about. Mujhe Bollywood se koi khas lena dena nahi. Besides help me unwind through entertainment. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 4 months ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Bird32

How is Shahid, Ajay and Vicky are semi-outsiders? All of their dads are connected to Bollywood. Don’t know how popular Shahid’s dad was but Ajay and Vicky’s dad are well known people in Bollywood. Ajay’s dad was very well known fighting director and Vicky’s dad is a producer. Ajay Devgan’s family has a production house from long time. He and Tabu went to the same school. His brother is also a producer. From Vicky and Ajay’s look, they would not get sidekick roles if they are outsiders. Kajol and Katrina would not even marry these guys if they don’t have family connections in Bollywood or if they didn’t come from an influential family. If any actors actresses parents are connected to Bollywood, then I don’t think they will be considered semi-insiders. I think semi-insiders can be considered if they have brother, sister or other relatives in Bollywood. I agree Akshay and SRK are full outsiders. 

B/c even though Shahid & Vicky had fathers in the business they didn’t get any help or push b/c of that. Shahid was a dancer for Shiamak Davar & Vicky struggled in auditions. They weren’t B Jr, RK or even a Bobby Deol to get film launches etc & roles tailor made for them. They’re NepoBabies only in name & have totally earned their place under the sun. 

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Ranbir will get that trophy..no doubt.

Shahid is a semi insider

How is Shahid semi-insider? His parents are actors and his brother also became actor. 

Originally posted by: Newbird

What is this semi insider or semi outsider? All it reminded me is a scene from Rajmouli's Maryada ramanna movie where sunil(hero)) put his one leg out and one leg inside of door step in order to save himself from getting butchered by the goons. 

Red only the title. 

The semi-insider and outsider is not completely outsider or insider. 

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Deepika is an outsider. Her dad was in an other field altogether with no contact in Bollywood. She made it on her own. She was famous for her looks when she was studying in college itself. My cousin was her classmate in Mount Carmel College and even then Deepika was talked about for her beauty. 

Ranveer is a second cousin of Sonam on her mother’s side. How is that beneficial to him? Why will Anil Kapoor help some far relative on his wife s side when he can’t do anything for his own son. 

Semi insiders would be people like Imran Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Vicky Kaushal etc. Shahid and Vicky worked hard to make it and their first film wasn’t handed to them on a platter. 

Edited by Joannna - 4 months ago
Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Repost

Edited by Joannna - 4 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bird32

How is Shahid semi-insider? His parents are actors and his brother also became actor. 

hierarchy of actors 😄 rather BW stars